Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

And these two are my guilty pleasure also...

Old 08-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that gif, Arinna! But are Ten and Rose a guilty pleasure?

Or perhaps Pertwee would notice that the Jelly Babies were emitting a neutron flow and attempt to reverse their polarity.

Which one was Nicola Bryant? I didn't watch much of Davison's Doctor. And that's great that Tom and Lalla reunited to do some audioplays!

Thanks for all those links, Nina! And Natalie is actually coming back to Elementary? Damn, and I had to quit that show.

Yeah, Mary sacrifices herself not for the father of her child, but for Sherlock? And she does that instead of staying alive for her child? I sometimes thing Moffat is as robotic as his characters. I didn't mind Cally at the beginning, but she ended up getting on my nerves after a while. But I think the writers just didn't know what to do with her after a certain point. I didn't think it was necessary to kill her like that.

I'm glad I could give you some ideas, Nina.

Awww, that is a cute gif.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

I think every Doctor/Companion ship is kind of a guilty pleasure... though yeah, we already talked about what they did to Rose, I wasn't best pleased to be honest...

It's a distinct possibility... it'll go something like this –*

Three: "Mind you, months of delicate hard work, well we must run all the test– are you trying to tell me that you were eating gelatin based treats in MY lab, Sarah???"

Okay, so Peri joined the Fifth Doctor in the episode they filmed on Lanzarote, "Planet of Fire".

Source: Flight Through Eternity

Yeah, I didn't like Tory any better either, mind. I was annoyed by both characters... would have probably spaced them both.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

And this OTH ship, actually made me come here and join the FF. I kept the "BL" in their honor.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Not sure that counts, Arinna. I mean that's even canon. (I shipped Nathan/Peyton ) But heh, thanks for explaining your username. And there I thought 'BL' was a reference to Bulgaria.

Ach, I'm sick... NyQuil and bed/hiding...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-31-2017, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, I'm sorry you're feeling sick, Nina. Feel better soon. I love NyQuil, it knocks me out and I sleep really well.

Yeah, I thought the BL in Arinna's username stood for Bulgaria as well, Nina. And I liked Tory at the beginning, but when she was revealed as one of the final five she got annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)

It's a distinct possibility... it'll go something like this –*

Three: "Mind you, months of delicate hard work, well we must run all the test– are you trying to tell me that you were eating gelatin based treats in MY lab, Sarah???"
That's awesome, Nina! That's so Pertwee.

Aww, I think I remember Peri. She was cute! That's the thing about Doctor Who companions, they're a lot like Bond girls. You get attached to one, then they leave, and once you start to miss them, you get attached to the next one, and so on.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

No kidding, I haven't taken NyQuil in forever and I have to be honest I felt a bit like a criminal, having to show my ID purchasing it in the middle of the night.

The whole final five concept was... idek. I think where BSG was concerned there came a point when I really wanted to still love the show but it was kind of dragging.

Heh, glad I captured the voice of my favourite Doctor. You know, that's kind of what's keeping me from writing DW fic, that I'm really not sure if I can capture the characters' voices right. Well, I think I'd get Missy, mind, and I suspect Three is probably as close to my own way of thinking as can be.

Yeah, I guess you're not wrong about the Bond girl comparison though you know, there's the added difficulty of the Doctor changing. And of course some stand out more than others. Much like some stories stand out more than others. Or some villains.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

The shorten for Bulgaria is either BG or BUL.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I thought you just forgot the 'U' or left it out for aesthetic reasons.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, that happens to me too, Nina. These days if you buy medicine they have to check you first. It automatically shows up on the register. They're a lot stricter with that stuff these days. Cold medicine, allergy medicine, pain killers, etc.

Oh, the Final Five concept was kind of an homage to the Seraphs from War of the Gods from the original BSG, remember? Whenever Athena or President Roslin had that dream of Six and Baltar taking little Hera, those figures in white robes were standing on a balcony. Diana also saw them in one of her visions. That was a not so subtle reference to the Seraphs and the Ship of Lights. That was one of my favorite of the original BSG episodes, along with The Living Legend, The Hand of God, The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, and Lost Planet of the Gods. The two part episodes were always the best.

Well, you can always go on YouTube and look up the characters so you can remember their voices. I always think that Four is closer to how I think. And perhaps Ten.

Oh, Bond changes almost as much as The Doctor, remember? Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Bronsnan, and now Craig. The six Bonds. But just half the number of Doctors there have been.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I vaguely recall, still didn't particularly care for it tbh.

Well, the actor changes for Bond but James Bond as an entity is supposed to be the same personality-wise, whereas with the Doctor the change of body indicated a change in the latter, no?

And I don't necessarily mean just the voice, I mean their way of speaking and thinking. Like I indicated. So yeah, I guess in that way if we're comparing that to myself, I'm indeed a cross of Missy and Three.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I probably remember the original BSG episodes better because I watched them so much in reruns, especially when Sci-Fi channel(now SyFy ) aired reruns of Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers In The 25th Century on rotation weeknights at 8pm from 1993 to 1995. I got really nostalgic for those shows back then. And I must say I really appreciated Anne Lockhart being on the show. No offense to the actresses who played Athena and Cassiopeia, but they really didn't bring much to that show or their characters. Sheba really became the female lead on that show after a while. I shipped her with Starbuck, although they put her with Apollo. I preferred Apollo with Serena because... well, because it was Jane Seymour. It's a shame she had to leave the show because she and Anne were the two best actresses on the show.

Well, Bond sort of had a similar personality, but Moore still did Bond differently from Connery, and Dalton and Brosnan were different from Moore, and so on. Each actor brought their own spin on the character.

Oh, so you're a cross between Missy and Three? Nice to know. So you look like Elizabeth Mitchell and think and act like Pertwee and Missy.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

And since Outlander is coming back the next week, I think, here's my ship from there.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, you don't have that long to wait, Arinna.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, that basically sums me up, I suppose. Kind of scary to think about it, isn't it?

Ah, well, that explains it. I only watched the original BSG once, I think and that was a long long time ago, so I don't have the same affinity.

Now Arinna, you're not even trying with all those canon couple who are not even a little bit related in the least.

Let me bring the thread back on track with this Roman/Letha video ... definitely one of my all time OTPs!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread