Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, he did end up a Cyberman. In all fairness I didn't ship Twelve/Clara from the get-go and I wanted to like Danny as I had liked Rory but I just couldn't. He was so obsessive and didn't want Clara to travel with the Doctor. For all the other reasons he gave, I thought that Twelve was actually jealous of Danny because he very much wanted to be Clara's boyfriend. Ah... there were all these little hints and gestures in hindsight – like for instance in "Time Heist", he was telling a joke and then glancing "covertly" at Clara, hoping she's laugh. It's really really cute.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, you have a point.

OMG, I just looked at that link you gave me, and that scene where an old Clara tells Twelve that after Danny, "there was one other man, but that would never have worked out," and when he asks why, she says, "he was impossible." That's so reminiscent of the scene between Ten and Sarah Jane Smith when he asks if she had anyone in her life since they parted, and she said, "Well there was this one guy. I traveled with him for a while. But he was a tough act to follow."
Old 08-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

No kidding. I mean Danny ended up a Cyberman at the end of season 8, Bill ended up a Cyberman at the end of season 10.

But yeah, all that not withstanding, Coleman and Capaldi still made it so much more enjoyable even when the writing was reminiscent or mediocre.

Awwww, my ship is soooo cute!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-21-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, Bill did as well? Okay, now they're just copying themselves.

Awww, that is cute. I honestly didn't think I'd find them cute.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Ach... again

Old 08-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

They are super-cute and adorable.

Yeah, I don't know. The beginning of season 10 had a few high moments but then it deteriorated again. Idek.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, is that from an episode or an interview?

Arinna and I tried to follow the show after Capaldi came on, but we kind of got tired after a while, sadly. And now that new woman is the Doctor, which technically makes him a Time Lady now, I guess? I always thought that defeated the purpose of having established Time Ladies like Romana, but whatever.

Yeah, FF has been acting twitchy for two weeks now, and it's really getting annoying.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

It's from an interview they gave promoting season 8 in Brazil if I'm not mistaken. But yeah if you look around there seems to be quite some RPS going on where Peter and Jenna is concerned... how they are just communicating with looks here at Comic Con:

Yeah, as I said, I got tired of Smith and maybe it wasn't his fault so much as that of the writers, it seemed so lacklustre towards the end. If I'm honest, I'm not worried about Whitaker (sp?) as the Doctor but I think Chibnall as the headwriter will be a disaster unless he finds some good staff. His episodes of New Who really rank among my least favourite.

Awww... if you don't do anything else, you have to watch this, Alex, so adorable. And it has that scene from 9x01 that I posted about earlier.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Aww, thanks for those, Nina! Those Comic Con pics look good, and that video is beautiful.

Oh, so Moffat is finally out as writer of Doctor Who, huh? Good riddance. His act got tiresome.

I started to get tired of Smith where the Ponds were concerned, but I actually liked him with Jenna a lot better. But Capaldi also goes well with her. Too bad Capaldi's gone now too. I guess Jenna already left?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, last season we had a new companion, Bill, played by Pearl Mackie – she was great but she is gone now. So next season we'll have a new Doctor and a new companion.

I was just tired of Eleven – I mean of season 7, I literally only liked the season premiere.

And yeah, I'm not sad that Moffat is gone but I'm not convinced Chibnall is any good. So... meh.

Glad you liked the video and the gif. They're just so adorable... it just makes me really happy.

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-21-2017 at 08:08 PM
Old 08-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, so Bill(weird name for a girl) ended up being turned into a Cyber(person) as well, huh? Must've been running low in ideas. And she didn't last long, did she? Kind of like Martha during Tennant's second season.

Yeah, I did like the gif and the video, Nina. And to be honest, I think Jenna/Clara brought out the best in Matt/Eleven. The whole drama with the Ponds really got on my nerves after a while, and don't get me started on River Song. An overused Romana ripoff. I honestly don't know why Moffat even bothered creating River and didn't just bring Romana back, since Alex Kingston was basically imitating Mary Tamm's Romana. But I really did enjoy Matt's final season with Jenna a lot more than his previous ones.

I'm sorry I disappeared on you, Nina. I ended up falling asleep in front of my laptop.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Meh... double posts...

Old 08-22-2017, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't know if I agree with that, see I do like Alex Kingston. I didn't mind River Song in the two episodes she had with Tennant but later I was not a big fan of the character as a whole, which is why I really do not want to see her being compared to Romana I and Mary Tamm who I absolutely adore and worship. In any event I agree that River Song was overused. That being said Matt just started to annoy me and the writing was in constant decline since season 6 - I mean, season 5 was so good, I guess I expected season 6 to... well at least make sense but it was all so convoluted and in season 7 I thought Moffat lost the plot altogether, the show only consisted of Matt running around and shouting frantically while everyone else looked puzzled. I was bored out of my skull.

Season 8 had a handful of good episodes I thought, but still some stuff where it was "yeah, this makes no sense... whatever" but at least Peter's and Jenna's chemistry helped me get through it. Then thankfully season 9 was good again!

I suspect Bill is short for Wilhelmina but don't quote me on it... yeah, the trailer after the Christmas episode made me worry that I wouldn't like her as she seemed to be like Ace or Mel but thankfully that wasn't the case at all.

Yeah, I wondered where you went...

Apparently they cast the new companion: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/0...ext-companion/

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-22-2017 at 03:38 PM
Old 08-22-2017, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Still doesn't look interesting to watch.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

But they are so cute and so in looooooove, Arinna.

Reply   Post New Thread