Fan Forum Star

Nope.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope we get news soon.

And no new ships lately.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

"The Worst Witch" got a second season though... really about that. Though it really wasn't a shippy show – except for Miss Hardbroom/Miss Pentangle. I hope Amanda Holden has another guest apparance in season 2 so that we get to see more of that.

Otherwise... old ships can make you happy too... like this Twelve/Clara video is literally the best thing that happened to me all week.

Now if only I knew where the good fanfic was...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know you ship them, Nina.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I do. I never thought I would ship a Doctor with a companion but here we are, can't help it with these two, they are too adorable.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, you shipped Twelve and Clara, Nina? I actually shipped her with Eleven.

But I gave up on Doctor Who ships because I think Ten/Rose pretty much summed up why it's futile to ship the Doctor with anyone. I shipped Four/Romana and learned the hard way a long time ago that it's never gonna end well.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

I never cared for Eleven. I mean I liked his first season with Amy because all the episodes were well written and it was funny but after that, nope. I was so glad when he was gone and so surprised and happy that Coleman and Capaldi had such delicious chemistry.

Now I'm looking for the good romantic fanfic... -- it's just there's so much fanfic and it's hard to find the good stuff. Like if only I had a good idea, I feel for the first time I'd love to write that fandom... maybe a crossover with something by Douglas Adams.

Yeah, I don't know, the only time where I thought maybe I could do romance was with Five/Peri to be honest. My problem with Romana is that I very much preferred Mary Tamm's portrayal so... I actually have that season as a DVD boxset and the audio plays she did with Tom Baker on CD.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

It took me a while for Eleven to grow on me, but I did eventually grow to like him. It frustrated me that Amy seemed to flirt with him, but then she'd just stay devoted to Rory, and I was like, "make up your mind, girl!" So that's why I was more on board with Eleven/Clara. Twelve seemed to put the kibosh on any shipper hopes practically right out of the gate, so that's why I didn't even bother.

Yeah, I agree that Mary Tamm was the best Romana, although I also liked Lalla Ward. Baker had great chemistry with both of them. And ironically he ended up marrying Ward, even though it didn't last. I was glad that Tamm and Baker got to do audio books together years later.

What kind of romantic fanfic are you interested in?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Meh... double posts...

Old 08-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Well, no not really he was like "I'm not your boyfriend, Clara." - with the implication that he really really wants to be though he wants to be seen for himself, not for a pretty face. Eleven bored me to pieces - he just got more and more frantic and crazy and the episodes' writing got worse and worse I couldn't deal with it. I almost quit watching time and again.

Oh well, let's put it like this, it cannot be out of character. I want them to travel and go on adventures... not a fan of AU either.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't worry about the double posts, Nina. Everyone's been having those lately because of FF's glitches this week.

I see. Yeah, Smith did have a tendency to act like Tom Baker on speed. I didn't get the idea that Twelve was interested, but maybe you're right. Or perhaps he thought that she was so infatuated with his previous regeneration that she wouldn't accept him in his new regeneration. And I concur, it should be in character. Too many OOC fics just lose the appeal of the characters.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

He really disliked her actual boyfriend and didn't want her to see him... and so many other moments in season 8: 4YE Quicklists: 12 Times Whouffaldi Was So Canon On Doctor Who – 4 Your Excitement

But my favourite piece of dialogue was from the season 9 premiere:

Quote:
Clara: How did you know I was here? Did you see me?
Twelve: When do I not see you?
Clara: What, one face in all of that crowd?
Twelve: There was a crowd, too?

And I mean all of season 9, where he goes above and beyond to save her...

Old 08-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ohhhh, that's very telling. He only noticed her and no one else.

Yeah, I really didn't like the way Twelve treated her boyfriend, though. I mean, he was just so condescending, as if a guy who was in the military couldn't be a math teacher and had to be a Physical Education coach or something. And didn't he end up becoming a Cyberman or something?