Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure to be honest. I thought Caity was great because she was a force of nature and I loved Sara with Nyssa and all her interactions with the team and she made Laurel come out of her shell but I didn't think Sara and Oliver were good as a couple, there was always the awkward cheating thing and the ickiness of having done it behind Laurel's back. I actually like Sara's and Laurel's sisterly dynamic so that was good in my book. I'm not generally opposed to the show doing something new that is not in the comics but if they do it they need to commit in my eyes.

Personally, though I think they recently overcomplicated the relationship unduly and I know a lot of people are bitching about Olicity, I always felt that Stephen had only romantic chemistry with Emily... well, perhaps with Jessica de Gouw (sp?) aka Helena/Huntress to a degree. The only other Oliver "ship" that I like is Oliver/Nyssa but only because it's so bloody hilarious that they are married.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

x

Outlander is back!
Old 09-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course, Outlander is back and Arinna is over the moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I'm not sure to be honest. I thought Caity was great because she was a force of nature and I loved Sara with Nyssa and all her interactions with the team and she made Laurel come out of her shell but I didn't think Sara and Oliver were good as a couple, there was always the awkward cheating thing and the ickiness of having done it behind Laurel's back. I actually like Sara's and Laurel's sisterly dynamic so that was good in my book. I'm not generally opposed to the show doing something new that is not in the comics but if they do it they need to commit in my eyes.

Personally, though I think they recently overcomplicated the relationship unduly and I know a lot of people are bitching about Olicity, I always felt that Stephen had only romantic chemistry with Emily... well, perhaps with Jessica de Gouw (sp?) aka Helena/Huntress to a degree. The only other Oliver "ship" that I like is Oliver/Nyssa but only because it's so bloody hilarious that they are married.
Well that's my point, Nina. I think that if you eliminate Sara and cast Caity as Laurel and give Laurel the storyline they gave Sara, then there wouldn't be any "ickiness." And having Sara around ultimately undermined Laurel's place on the show in my opinion.

I actually did like Oliver and Helena. And I've also joked about the whole Oliver/Nyssa thing with her always referring to him as "husband." She still does it after all this time.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

It does remove the ickiness but Caity and Stephen didn't have romantic chemistry either but they had better chemistry as work partners, probably because Oliver wasn't so bloody condescending towards Sara since unlike Laurel she had trained with the League.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really? I thought Oliver and Sara's scenes together were hot. So do you lean more towards Oliver and Felicity? Oliver and Helena?

The chemistry thing is so tough anyway. It's so subjective.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

It's hard because I don't think Stephen is a good actor but yeah I guess if I'm pressed I'll have to say it's Olicity because Felicity makes up for Oliver's flat affect with her qurikiness and honesty.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, Felicity is his opposite side.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Indeed, I'm hard pressed to find anything interesting about Stephen's acting.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, he has some strong moments.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Indeed, I'm hard pressed to find anything interesting about Stephen's acting.
Really? Not even the stuff on the island? He seems to get good reviews from critics.

So how about Grant Gustin's acting on The Flash?
Old 09-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love him there!... aside from Iris.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Grant's a bit more energetic and we know he can play someone really really mean from his time on 'Glee'.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, Nina. I also like Tom Cavanaugh as Harrison Wells.

Yeah, I know, Arinna.

Midnight, Texas hasn't given me a guilty pleasure ship yet because the couples on that show are pretty boring. Manfred and Creek, Lemuel and Olivia, Bobo and Fiji... boooorrrrriiiiiinnnnnggggg!!
Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also like Tom Cavanaugh as Harrison Wells.
I remember him from way back then when he was on 'Providence' with Melina Kanakaredes.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never saw that show. Did you ever see him on Ed, where he played a lawyer?