Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

So the finale was disgusting. Disappointment, I don't even know why I bothered BUT.

"As a viewer, I want things to be romantic, but playing Pam, it just felt like their relationship could possibly go back and forth as we’ve seen that it has. In 1905, they met in a sexual relationship, but at a certain point, it transcended that and became a relationship that we never really had to worry about ending." - Kristin Bauer.

My OTP made it and stayed together, I don't care in which way, TOGETHER and happy and now I have no main OTPs except for Jaime/Cersei who will be completely ruined next year and I don't know what to feel
Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad your OTP stayed together, May. I cannot believe that they had Jason end up with Bridgett and Jessica marry Hoyt. It was all thrown together at the last minute and didn't feel genuine in the least bit.

Didn't they already go into why Jessica and Hoyt didn't work to begin with? Hoyt is actually the one who needs a family and children and a traditional kind of life. Jessica is immortal and can never have children, and she'll only end up outliving Hoyt as he will grow old and die. And he still doesn't even remember her, so why the hell did they end up together like that? Didn't Jessica declare her love for Jason back in season 5, only to have it screwed up by Jason's hallucinations of his dead parents?

Jason is the one who could never hold onto a relationship because the women in his life were always dying on him or leaving him. In Jessica he finally found his perfect match, an immortal vampire who would never die on him and was completely compatible with Jason precisely because she wasn't human. I don't believe the traditional type of relationship was really what he was meant for. I also think that as time went on, Jason probably would be open to having Jessica turn him so they could spend eternity together. Jason was so mundane as a normal human that immortality would probably give him an incredible upgrade. I could imagine Jason as vampire sheriff of Bon Temps and Jessica as his wife, both of them living in Bill's house after he passed away. Why the hell should we care about Jason being with Bridgett, a woman who got thrown in at the last minute? It reminds me of this scene in the movie Murder By Death, starring Peter Sellers, Peter Falk, and David Niven, about a group of famous literary detectives(all parodies of the detective novels of Dashiell Hammett and Agatha Christie) being invited to a creepy mansion to solve a murder by a mysterious host. But the host actually invited them there to humiliate them by creating a mystery that none of them could solve as a way of getting revenge for what he perceived as serious flaws in all of their famous mystery stories.

The host, played by Truman Capote, confronts all of the detectives one by one(all are based on classic detectives like Hercule Poirot, Miss Jane Marple, and Nick and Nora Charles) and accuses them of "torturing readers with surprise endings that made no sense," and "withholding clues and information that made it impossible for the reader to guess who the murderer was." When the host finally confronts the character of Sam Diamond(a parody of Sam Spade) he says, "You introduced characters in the last five pages that were never in the book before!" That pretty much sums up how I feel about Bridgett. Don't give us a character we feel no emotional investment in and have one of the main characters end up with her. It's cheating. Hoyt's storyline came to an end for a reason, because he really didn't fit in with any of the main storylines the way that Jason and Jessica did. So it only made sense to pair Jason and Jessica, and they had way more chemistry than practically any other couple on the show.

I guess I kind of understand why they had Bill die, but to have Sookie end up with some nobody just seems cheap. They might as well have had her end up with Sam or Alcide. Nice to see Eric and Pam have such a cute ending, though.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 08-27-2014 at 06:30 PM
Old 08-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

I agree on why couldn't they just keep Alcide to end up with Sookie instead? the whole thing was ridiculous IMO. I mean, I am OK with Bill finally going to his family and with Sookie not giving away her fairyness just to give Bill what he wanted, but the fact that the love triangle was so "significant" throughout the seasons just to have her end with a random was very stupid. But hey, I'm not entirely complaining, I just think they should have left Sam/Sookie more open so they could have kept the same ending from the books

See, I was very upset that Hoyt never actually remembered, Sookie could have un-glamoured him yet they decided to throw this stupid wedding and we're supposed to buy that from "I don't want children, what is all this talk" conversation with Bridgett, he's going to marry Jess after a day of knowing her? OH THESE WRITERS.

I did ship Hoyt/Jess but they completely rushed their storyline this season and didn't look believable at all. I can't see Jess coming from "I prayed for my love to come back" to I totes love you let's get married? are we supposed to think she grew up thanks to Bill's illness? I think it would have been nicer if Jess and Hoyt would have "met" again and kinda talked, etc but not immediately jumped to bed/marriage and after Bill's death and the time jump we could have seen them together again? like after 3 years or so it would have made more sense that they would have recovered whatever was missing from their relationship and fell in love again.

I was happy with Jason tho, I agree that we were not attached to Bridgett at all, but I did wanted him to end up with a human and having a family. I don't think Jason only didn't stay for long in a relationship because the girls will die on him, he was immature, a horny dog and irresponsible. He started becoming a better guy since S3-S4 but he still slept with his best friend's gf. No matter what. But he paid for that, and he deserved a happy ending in a way so I was OK with his ending cause I like to think he matured and is now on a monogamous relationship and happy.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but I still would've preferred Jason's happy ending to be with Jessica instead of some blonde woman we hardly know. It doesn't make sense to have Jessica get back with Jason at Sookie's party for Alcide just for her to end up with Hoyt after he gets thrown back into the story at the last minute. Anyway, I'm not even gonna watch the finale.

Well, now I've lost yet another ship.

At least the Fall season is about to begin and I might have a chance to get a new ship.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

And by the way, Borgia strats soon. In few days I think.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

I don't have any ships coming back, unfortunately. I am shipping Laurie/Kevin in The Leftovers but that relationship looks SO dead...

I don't ship anything in Broadchurch or The Fall and those are coming back late this year/early next year. Never shipped anything in AHS so I doubt I will with Freakshow I'm pretty dead in re: to ships now
Old 09-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess for me it all depends on whether or not Evan Peters and Taissa Farmiga come back to AHS. I'd ship them in anything. But I've head that Emma Roberts is coming back next season, so they may go that route.

The Walking Dead keeps destroying all my ships. I was really looking forward to seeing the Rick/Andrea ship from the comics appear on the show, but you know how that ended. And I have no idea what they're gonna do with Beth/Daryl or Daryl/Carol.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

I really didn't see any chemistry in S3 for those two. I saw it in S1 but in S3 they were extremely flat and boring IMO. And yeah, I don't think Taissa is coming back this season.

Unfortunately, Lily is not coming back either I'm going to miss her, she's one of my favs.

I started Glue, so far no ships but this looks like a "shipping show" and well Klebekah is pretty dead since Claire left TO but I still have hope we'll get her to guest star at least in a few flashbacks or something.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think she will guest star, because I saw her in the trailer for the new season. I ship Klaroline and this is why I hope that Caroline will guest star in TO.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I see it hard for Caroline to guest star tho. It seems like Plec and her team are really trying for people to get used to seeing Klaus on his own, if they have them interact the fandom will go insane again wanting more, etc and if they decide to give Klaus an actual relationship I think they'll be taking TO to a TVD route, and they really shouldn't. TVD is now the ships show when it started pretty decent... TO has a chance to get better and be more about family drama so they should stick with it for a while at least.

Maybe at some point when TO ends he'll reunite with Caroline or something but I don't think it'll happen now

I kinda ship Caroline with Stefan tbh, but I don't watch TVD anymore since TO family are out, so I might just check their scenes on Youtube or something.

Is it bad that I really want Bonnie to guest star in TO tho? I REALLY want this
Old 09-19-2014, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really, May? Because after the first season of AHS the Evan/Taissa and Tate/Violet shipping was massive. Everyone was stoked when they heard that Taissa was coming back for Coven and would be paired with Evan again. I can see the chemistry, but I'm a little more interested in what will happen with Evan Peters and Emma Roberts' characters this season.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

I saw the chemistry in S1 totally, I didn't ship it because Tate was ****ing insane and gross (tho I loved the character) but I remember watching S3 with an open mind and I found them... really boring :S it's like Emma sucked the chemistry out of Evan or something
Old 09-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so not watching that tv show.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

You don't like horror, Arinna? I gotta say, AHS Murder House is still my favorite with Asylum in close second but Coven was pretty disappointing. Hopefully Freakshow will be good.

I'm watching a few shows, kinda shipping some couples but not hardcore. I need more illegalness in my life
Old 09-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Arinna doesn't like anything horror-oriented, May. I'm actually surprised that she was able to watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer long enough to become a Spuffy shipper.

You thought Asylum was better than Coven, May? I actually liked Coven more. I thought Asylum started off good, but got very convoluted near the end. When they started with the Santa Claus killer and the aliens, combined with the demonically possessed nun, the serial killer Bloodyface and his son, who follows in his footsteps, and then the Angel of Death, I was just.....

I kind of understand how Emma probably did steal the chemistry away from Evan and Taissa, mostly because Evan and Emma began dating when they were filming. But Emma's character was just too amoral for me to ship them, and I still liked Evan and Taissa from season one, and this was almost like getting that back. But it was clear that the writers weren't as invested in Kyle and Zoe in Coven the way they were with Tate and Violet in Murder House. Coven focused way more on Fiona, Cordelia, Myrtle, Misty, and Delphine LaLaurie. Ironic, considering that Coven seemed like it was going to focus on Zoe at the beginning, even opening the story with her monologue.

Are you following the Flowers In The Attic movies, May? I've heard they've recast Chris and Cathy once again for the next film.