Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2020, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, sorry. You could just use the censored emoticon too.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh, sorry. You could just use the censored emoticon too.
Ohhhh I thought that emoticon was literally the F word

~ CESAR BORGIA 1475-1507 He will always be my prince
Old 01-10-2020, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
You didn't like the Kara/Mon-El thing?
Actually I thought they were really sweet in the beginning. And they did have chemistry, don't get me wrong. It was just that it took over everything at some point, which was annoying.

I just never could with Arrow because I'm sorry – the actress who played Felicity was the only one with any spark of talent everyone else was such bad actors, especially after Susanna Thompson was gone and I love Willa to pieces but she was never in it enough and never with a good storyline and neither was Katrina Law. So I couldn't be bothered. I only started Supergirl because of Calista Flockhart back then but it turned out to be decent entertainment altogether. So I stuck with it.

I didn't know the actors were together in real life. But then I don't pay attention to what actors do with their lives.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-11-2020, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Ohhhh I thought that emoticon was literally the F word
No, Lila. That emoticon just says "censored." But that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Actually I thought they were really sweet in the beginning. And they did have chemistry, don't get me wrong. It was just that it took over everything at some point, which was annoying.

I just never could with Arrow because I'm sorry – the actress who played Felicity was the only one with any spark of talent everyone else was such bad actors, especially after Susanna Thompson was gone and I love Willa to pieces but she was never in it enough and never with a good storyline and neither was Katrina Law. So I couldn't be bothered. I only started Supergirl because of Calista Flockhart back then but it turned out to be decent entertainment altogether. So I stuck with it.

I didn't know the actors were together in real life. But then I don't pay attention to what actors do with their lives.

Yes, the actor who plays Mon El got married to Melissa Benoist a year ago. But I'm not surprised that the writers of Supergirl screwed it up. They do that with all the Arrowverse shows. I also agree with you that Arrow definitely lost something after season 3. I actually did like Caity Lotz, but I thought that Katie Cassidy was miscast as Laurel Lance. I did like Katrina Law.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

I do like Caity Lotz too but Legends is unwatchable. As for Katie Cassidy... the early seasons were so painful and she has zero chemistry with Stephen Amell so I understand why they couldn't do the Black Canary/Green Arrow thing. I must say, I kind of casually took a look at some of the later seasons when she came back at Black Siren and had a redemption arc... like she was evil but still learnt to be kind of good all because she loved Quentin as the father she didn't have on Earth-2 and there I have to say Katie finally showed some promise as an actress and I like her interacting with Paul Hawthorne.

I was really mad in Smallville though that they had Green Arrow and Black Canary and then just to give Chloe an important love interest they paired her with Green Arrow. That shouldn't have been. That totally sucked. I was really appalled.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-11-2020, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like my happy pill.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Arinna.

Quote:
I do like Caity Lotz too but Legends is unwatchable. As for Katie Cassidy... the early seasons were so painful and she has zero chemistry with Stephen Amell so I understand why they couldn't do the Black Canary/Green Arrow thing. I must say, I kind of casually took a look at some of the later seasons when she came back at Black Siren and had a redemption arc... like she was evil but still learnt to be kind of good all because she loved Quentin as the father she didn't have on Earth-2 and there I have to say Katie finally showed some promise as an actress and I like her interacting with Paul Hawthorne.

I was really mad in Smallville though that they had Green Arrow and Black Canary and then just to give Chloe an important love interest they paired her with Green Arrow. That shouldn't have been. That totally sucked. I was really appalled.
Yeah, I thought Legends had a chance, but it just became a complete mess. I agree about Katie Cassidy. I don't blame her, but I just think the people who run these shows are clueless. I felt the same way about The Flash. I agree that Katie did the Black Siren thing a lot better. I felt that it would've been better if they'd had just made Caity Lotz Laurel Lance, give her the Lian Yu storyline and the League of Assassins storyline, and had her acquire the Canary Cry when the particle accelerator in Central City blew up.

Well, this is one reason why I didn't watch Smallville. I figured they'd take huge leaps from the comics that wouldn't make sense.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

I mean Smallville is fun when you accept it for its campy-ness. Also there are comics for it too.
I think the Green Arrow not being with Black Canary thing bugged me so much because they obviously knew what was right – Clark was with Lois and Aquaman was with Mera so they knew their comic canon. It was just the insertion of the Chloe character that messed everything up.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I mean Smallville is fun when you accept it for its campy-ness. Also there are comics for it too.
I think the Green Arrow not being with Black Canary thing bugged me so much because they obviously knew what was right – Clark was with Lois and Aquaman was with Mera so they knew their comic canon. It was just the insertion of the Chloe character that messed everything up.
Well, it would seem that everything about Chloe is messed up. But I've never trusted CW or WB with this. I didn't like their earlier version of Birds of Prey either. Bruce Wayne would never abandon Gotham at all. Why does Hollywood think that for the Birds of Prey to exist, Batman has to leave Gotham? In the comics they all co-exist in Gotham at the same time.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

I actually really liked Birds of Prey. Dinah Meyer was great as Barbara Gordon. The thing is that they do not have the rights to do Batman on TV as a main character anymore. DC took that away. That's the reason why he cannot appear on Batwoman for instance and is only referred to. Same with the Joker. They explained that in the after show to the new Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked Dina Meyer in that as well. I just didn't like that they put her in the wheelchair.

Well, they did sorta do Batman in Gotham, even though Bruce was still a kid. And Crisis did have Batman in it, although they desecrated him. I personally think it's stupid to keep Batman out of TV. I'd prefer to have him on TV than to see Zack Snyder and Matt Reeves desecrate him in cinema.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Well she was Oracle and not Batgirl anymore, only in flashbacks.

And exactly, they are only allowed to use Batman sporadically and if they do then he can't be the real Batman but only a very young or old version... not like Batman in his prime. Apparently DC only wants that in cinema now.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well that's a waste, Nina. A Batman show would be able to do a lot more than the movies. Movies take way too long and they keep screwing them up. Batfleck anyone? And now Rob Pattinson? This is why I think Hollywood should be banned from making comic book movies.

Yeah, I know she was Oracle and her Batgirl stuff was in flashback, but I never agreed with keeping Barbara permanently paralyzed. I felt that after the events of The Killing Joke, she should've been able to get her legs back just like Bruce Wayne did after having his back broken by Bane.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

I still very much loved Birds of Prey because the actresses were lovely.

Yeah, I mean for what it's worth apart from Wonder Woman and Aquaman the DC movies were not a great success.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I did like the actresses. But again, I feel Barbara should've gotten a chance to heal her back like Bruce did.

Oh, I totally agree. I think DC and WB messed up trying to compete with Marvel and hiring Zack Snyder to create their own universe. He got fired for a reason. Wonder Woman was good, but I just wish it were set in WWII where it belongs, not WWI.

I never saw Aquaman, but I heard it was good.

I'm going to have dinner and I'm going to bed soon, so I'll see you later, Nina! Have a goodnight and sleep well!