Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep, but I guess we kind of had to expect that, Nina. It seemed inevitable.

I'm going to bed now, Nina, so I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully. Or whenever you can post. Goodnight!
Old 08-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Is it? It's such a cop out and I have no interest in it. I want the real thing. I may have minded it less if they had cast different actors. But I'm mostly interested in the here and now and not the past.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I need my Peter now.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

They look so sad.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

They are sad very often, Nina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Is it? It's such a cop out and I have no interest in it. I want the real thing. I may have minded it less if they had cast different actors. But I'm mostly interested in the here and now and not the past.
Well, I guess the show runners thought that using Lily and Cole would be more popular with fans instead of casting unknown actors as young FP and Alice. I agree with you, they should've used different actors.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
using Lily and Cole would be more popular with fans
Oh yeah, it will be for sure because everyone is cray cray for the kids on that show. It's not that I don't see why they did it but it still annoys me as a non-teenage viewer of the show. I would have preferred different actors and I would very much prefer if we finally got the real thing in the present day.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, we will get the real thing in the present day from everything I've seen, Nina. So don't worry. And if they were gonna do flashbacks, I guess Madchen and Skeet are too old to realistically play teenagers, even if the CGI'd them. But I would prefer different actors.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry, double post.

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-08-2018 at 03:00 AM
Old 08-08-2018, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And if they were gonna do flashbacks, I guess Madchen and Skeet are too old to realistically play teenagers, even if the CGI'd them.
Oh gosh, no contest there. I wouldn't want that either. But I don't want Lili and Cole playing that. Mainly because I feel it's just another vehicle for the Bughead ship – and I find its shippers super annoying. I don't know, on good times I don't mind Betty and Jughead. But if i'm honest I don't care for Jughead much. He's always whinging and all that angst. I honestly doubt that FP was anything like that in his youth. Which is fair because children shouldn't be carbon copies of their parents. Same goes to some extend for Betty –*I think she's still very sheltered despite whatever mental illness looms in her head that she inherited from Hal. Sure, she put on that snake dance at the Wyrm and sometimes wants to fit in but at the end she always reverts to her default setting because that is her with the pink jumpers and ponytail. I think when Alice made herself into this Northside image it took some acting at first –*fake it till you make it. Even now when we look at her appearances*– back at that party Hermione and Hiram threw where she wore that flow-y red dress with the serpent necklace or when she went to the Wyrm in a leather skirt and lace top, you get the feeling she is a chameleon. Like FP said to her "a snake doesn't shed its skin so easily" (which well, biologically is quite true but whatever, he probably flunked that in school). So my point is –*I don't know if Cole and Lili can even pull that off playing a young FP and a young Alice. It'd recquire some really good writing and acting. I have a bit more trust in Lili but I fear that Cole will just act like when he acts Jughead, serpent leader. And I don't think that's a fair representation of a young age.

Also – I mean if we just go by a fleeting remblence to their older selves – so they have KJ play Fred but with his hair dyed brown? Come on? I mean look at the kid and then at Fred/Luke and Mary/Molly. Hair not withstanding, if you believe that's their son then clearly he inherited also his facial features mostly from Mary. I don't see a young Fred there.

Camilla and but mostly Madelaine I buy as younger versions of Marisol/Hermione and Nathalie/Penelope respectively. The others are really a stretch though tbh.

So yeah, different actors would have been preferred.

Also:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-08-2018 at 02:59 AM
Old 08-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
They look so sad.
They are still my fav, Nina.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I know, Arinna.

I don't know, Nina. I got those spoilers from someone else, and I don't know how he got them. I'm just waiting and seeing what happens.

I don't mind Bughead, but I agree that their shippers are over the top. I mean, this is a non-canonical ship that isn't from the comics, you know? In the comics, Betty is with Archie when he isn't with Veronica... or he's with them both, I have no idea.

No, I get the sense that FP and Alice were very different from Jug and Betty. They're 80's kids, so I'm guessing they'll have a Gen-X type of history. Who knows? Maybe they were more like Twin Peaks? And yeah, Betty's split personality could be inherited from Hal, who knows? But having Cole and Lily be able to capture FP and Alice is asking a lot, unless the writing is really good, as you said. It takes an understanding of that point in time. And no, I don't think that KJ is gonna play young Fred. Although you're right, Camilla and Madelaine would be pretty good.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
And no, I don't think that KJ is gonna play young Fred. Although you're right, Camilla and Madelaine would be pretty good.
They will though. It's all been announced. It bothers me.

And like yous said. FP and Alice that's Gen X – Twin Peaks-esque if we are lucky. I don't know if Cole and Lili can grasp that, withouth defaulting to playing Jughead and Betty. And yeah I remember the pilot where Kevin told Veronica that Archie and Betty were meant to be. They've thrown it all over board. Like you said, I'm a bit whatever about that part of the show anyway but the fans annoy me at times.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not exactly my fav ship, or ship at all. But they look good together.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

So one of my platonic ships ended on Tuesday... wasn't a great ending tbh. Good thing is that the show has already been renewed so... (the 100)

Bellamy is still mad at Octavia and the last scene they shared, Octavia needed to be put to sleep (not to die, just to sleep and be frozen with everyone else for a bunch of years... yeah I know, SCI-FI) and before Bellamy activated her bed or whatever is called she turns to look at him and says she loves him and that she didn't want to wait 10 years to hear him say it back he just said that a part of him would always love her but a part of him wants a part of her to die so she literally says "that's fair" while you can see a tear falling down her cheek and when he's closing the capsule or whatever it is she turns to look at him before going to sleep I CANNOT TAKE THIS ANGST what are they doing to me? I hate this show.
DGSAFDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry, May. I don't watch that, but I have sympathy for you. I also heard The Originals ended badly for Klaroline.

Aww, you like Matt/Karen, Arinna? She's coming back in season 3 after being on The Punisher.

OMG, it's been announced, Nina? So they're actually doing that? KJ is Fred, Camilla is Hermione, and Madelaine is Penelope?

Yeah, I don't know of Cole and Lily can really get into that either. They'll have to try to avoid doing Betty and Jughead. Maybe Lili can watch episodes of Twin Peaks to get a read on Madchen? Cole's gonna need to watch The Craft and Scream.

Fans annoy me too, but what can you do?