Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Nina,

I had never heard of that show, what is it about?

Yeah I don't care that much about Karen but I like her with Frank, however I don't want them to bang already like most of their shippers, I want them to be friends (like they are now) and take it slooooowly. The man has been through a lot of trauma, he needs a break.

Matt/Elektra destroyed me thanks to The Defenders and I can't even think about them without wanting to cry AGAIN. They just had so much chemistry and he loves her so much

Old 07-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Killjoys is easily the best show that SyFy has produced in recent years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killjoys_(TV_series)

Source: MS JULLY

As I said I like Foggy and I just didn't care for Matt/Karen because it undermined the friendship and working relationship they all had. It felt selfish and I couldn't detect any chemistry.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-26-2018, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, May! OMG, I'm sorry I wasn't here when you were.

Thanks for those gifs! It's great to see Matt in the red outfit! And is that Elektra?

Okay, I still haven't seen any of the other shows so don't spoil anything for me. I'm only up to episode 9 of Daredevil. Funny, The Defenders in the comics are Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Doctor Strange, and Silver Surfer. The Defenders Netflix show looks more like Heroes For Hire.

Hi, Nina!

Yeah, you have a point about Gotham Sirens. But Hollywood thinks they can just throw anything together and make it stick. They don't understand that if just one note is off, the entire symphony is ruined. No, Black Canary isn't going to take orders from Harley Quinn. OMG, is that what happened on the old WB show? Are we sure that this is how they're gonna do Birds of Prey? I can't imagine any fans being okay with that, and the DCEU has done such a bad job so far that they really don't wanna risk another flop. They should stick with Barbara, Dinah, and Helena, and maybe add another member if they want.

I don't think I'll have time to read Riverdale and Sabrina comics. I don't have Netflix anyway, so I won't be able to watch. But perhaps they can get Rachel for season 2, like you said. It would be cool to have a cast member of The Craft on the show. And thanks for the gifs from Killjoys! Best SyFy show in years? Including Farscape and Battlestar Galactica?
Old 07-27-2018, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No, Black Canary isn't going to take orders from Harley Quinn. OMG, is that what happened on the old WB show? Are we sure that this is how they're gonna do Birds of Prey? I can't imagine any fans being okay with that, and the DCEU has done such a bad job so far that they really don't wanna risk another flop. They should stick with Barbara, Dinah, and Helena, and maybe add another member if they want.
No, on the old The WB show Harleen Quinzel wasn't Harley Quinn just yet like she hadn't gone completely crazy but was about to become the main villain. But in the new BoP movie it seems like they will have Harley be the boss of Dinah, Helena and Katana. That is totally cray cray. I could have gone for... our reluctant favourite trio having to work with Harley somehow but not this. Fans do not seem okay but whatever. DCEU doesn't care.

I don't think we'll have to read Riverdale comics. Well, in years as in –*gosh Farscape is a long time away now, isn't it? It ended 14 years ago. There was definitely a dry spell on SyFy after BSG ended in my opinion... they produced a lot of stuff that was mediocre at best (Defiance) and really terrible at worst (Helix). So yes, I'd say Killjoys is definitely the best thing that Syfy has produced in the past five or seven years. Though maybe a tie with 12 Monkeys. Well, you are watching Daredevil so... you can make it happen if you want to. Like... when Rachel is on the show. We'll have to finesse this!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, so it was kind of like the stuff on Gotham, where Ed Nygma was a CSI and forensics expert at the Gotham City PD before he became The Riddler. Harleen Quinzel, huh? I never found out if that was her real name in the comics. You know, Quinn is an actual last name, so I don't know why they needed to come up with Quinzel.

Wait, so no Batgirl/Oracle? It's gonna be Huntress, Black Canary, Katana, and Harley? Who's idea was that? That's not the Birds of Prey. I really hope that the DCEU implodes because fans deserve better than this. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman movies seem like they belong in another movie universe. But I still don't like her origin being in WWI because that's not right. It's supposed to be WWII. I cannot believe that WB allowed Zack Snyder to up the DCEU like this.

Yeah, I don't think we'll have to, although now I'm wishing I had read more Archie comics when I was a kid so I'd know more. I was too much into Marvel and DC to even look at anything else. :blush; I leaned more towards Marvel, but I loved Batman comics.

OMG, I cannot believe it's been 20 years since Farscape came on the air. Man, it does seem like a long time ago. And I agree, after BSG, SyFy just went nowhere. I think some shows like Haven and Lost Girl did well enough, but it wasn't the same.

Yes, I'm almost finished season 1 of Daredevil. But that's only because it got uploaded to Xfinity On Demand, which also has Luke Cage. But I can't find Iron Fist or The Defenders, so I don't know if I'll be able to watch Sabrina because it all depends on what On Demand decides to upload. I haven't looked for Jessica Jones or The Punisher yet. It's funny how these Netflix shows supposedly take place in the MCU, yet I'd actually call them "The Marvel Manhattan Universe" because they all take place in Manhattan Island and are centered around street superheroes.

Yes, perhaps we can finesse this.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wait, so no Batgirl/Oracle? It's gonna be Huntress, Black Canary, Katana, and Harley? Who's idea was that?
Yes, that's what I said from the beginning, Alex.

I watched Lost Girl, like Defiance I thought it was entertaining at times but just mediocre tbh. So yeah, I stick with what I said. Killjoys is the best thing that SyFy has produced in recent years (along with 12 Monkey but I am not really counting this because it's not so original as it's based on a movie that was based on a short film). I think one main thing that made me happy about Killjoys (and Dark Matter) when they started airing was – finally SyFy took sci-fi back into space. After BSG ended I can't recall that there was anything on that had space ships etc. in it. I still have a fierce love for Farscape.

I like s1 but s2 was better –*with Elektra and all. Idk, I was mostly bored by Luke Cage and thought Black Lightning was better tbh. I'd give Iron Fist a pass altogether. But yes, look for Jessica Jones, that was really great in s1.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have you watched The Punisher?
Old 07-27-2018, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

I admit I started but then I couldn't focus anymore. Work is really busy. I often watch kids shows when I come home these days... I liked "The Other Kingdom", "House of Anubis", "H20: Just add water" and "Mako Mermaids".

Old 07-27-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I know, Nina. I was speaking rhetorically about that. Sorry, I get blabby at times. Just ask Arinna.

I agree, I thought that a lot of SyFy stuff was mediocre after BSG went off the air. I was big fan when the show was still Sci-Fi channel, back when Farscape and other shows were on, but I tuned out after they went all Stargate on us. I really didn't care for that show or the fact that the network seemed to want to promote that more than Farscape. I didn't watch Lost Girl or Dark Matter, but my mom was into Haven.

So Killjoys is set in space? Yeah, ever since BSG ended they haven't had any good space shows for a while. I honestly thought that BSG was too good for SyFy. They aired the original pilot miniseries on NBC one time before the regular series began because both networks are owned by the same company, and I always thought it was a shame that NBC didn't make a play for it. I still love Farscape as well, and I'm still mad that they didn't give it a final season and instead we had to settle for the Peacekeeper Wars TV movie.

Thanks for the insight. I'm gonna see what other Netflix shows I can find on Xfninity On Demand.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Ach, don't get me started on Stargate. Here's the thing. I liked the movie. I didn't care for the show –*the characters seemed such stereotypes and in the beginning it was so aimlessly wandering around planets and cultures and all were set in the forests around Vancouver, I wasn't buying it. I tried again with Stargate:Atlantis. A lot of fandom seems ot have a hard-on for it because of some male slash couple but again, I found myself board for the same reasons as with the initial show. The only spin off I liked but that everyone hated was Stargate: Universe – mainly because I like Robert Carlyle and Elise Levesque as actors – and finally we were on a bloody space ship again exploring space. I guess that's what people hated about it, that it was more like BSG or other space shows and less like the rest of the Stargate franchise. And yeah, I hated that SciFi didn't promote Farscape and Lexx properly – arguably those were much more innovative sci-fi shows than the whole Stargate franchise but I guess that was the problem.

Lost Girl was more fantasy than anything. Defiance was actually made by people who were invovled in Farscape if I remember correctly, it wasn't bad but it wasn't instant love either –*I think on the third re-run I got to appreciate it more now. Dark Matter started out the same time Killjoys did –*it was also set in space and I liked it quite a bit because the cast was good but then the story didn't move at times. Still I was bitter when it was cancelled. The only other show next to Killjoys that's on SyFy and that's in space at the moment (Krypton not withstanding) is The Expanse –*it's based on some hard sci-fi novels and I found it a bit hard to get into. Of course it was cancelled but amazon Prime saved it for their streaming service.

Quote:
and I always thought it was a shame that NBC didn't make a play for it.
Yeah, but I fear NBC would have cancelled it prematurely. Like they did with Surface. The only show I loved and that lasted on NBC was The West Wing. I think Friday Night Lights started out there but then moved to DirecTV. I don't think the NBC audience is one for quality tbh.

Quote:
they didn't give it a final season and instead we had to settle for the Peacekeeper Wars TV movie.
It was tragic and left us with so many questions. I mean there are so many deleted scenes. Almost all of Sikozu's scenes were deleted...

Old 07-27-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I was really angry when they bumped Farscape to 10pm and put Stargate in Farscape's 9pm time slot. SyFy was lucky that Twitter and other social media outlets weren't around at the time, because fans were furious. I watched the Stargate movie too, but I didn't really like it. I got the whole Chariots of the Gods vibe thing, because the whole Ancient Astronauts thing had been done for years, going all the way back to the original BSG. But I thought structurally the movie could've been better. These were the same guys who went on to do Independence Day, which I thought was awful.

Yeah, I didn't even bother getting into the show, and I'm glad I didn't from what you told me. Oh, and having Claudia Black on the show and have her with Michael Shanks' character just added to my frustration. Farscape had just gotten cancelled, and they go and rob its corpse by having both Ben and Claudia show up on Stargate. That was frustrating. Ben said that he and Claudia had to try hard to turn off the chemistry between them so their characters weren't shipped or anything. Oh, and a lot of shows did the Vancouver thing, like The X-Files. I think it's cost effective or something. But pretty soon every show started looking like Vancouver. Yes, after a while they made Stargate a space show and it wasn't anything like the original concept anymore, but I wasn't too keen on the original concept either.

Man, I don't like thinking about Lexx. I hated how they ended that show because I thought killing off Kai the same way he was killed back in the original Showtime miniseries, Tales From A Parallel Universe, was just a cop out. I ended up loving that Showtime miniseries a lot more. I had a tough time choosing between Zev/Eva Habermann and Xev/Xenia Seeberg for who was my favorite. And I heard about the deleted Sikozu scenes from Farscape. You can't wrap that show up in a single movie. Would it really have been a problem to give them one final season? Even an abbreviated season?

Oh yeah, I remember Friday Night Lights got moved to Direct TV. And you're probably right about NBC probably cancelling BSG. I didn't know that the Farscape creators did Defiance. Was that the show with Jaime Murray? And how is Krypton doing? I'm surprised that WB put that on SyFy and not CW or Fox, like Gotham. At least Gotham is getting one final season to finish out the story.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

I never watched Independence Day tbh. I mean the Stargate movie... I liked it fine, it was far from being my favourite movie or anything. I thought it was definitely better than the TV show.

Quote:
and they go and rob its corpse by having both Ben and Claudia show up on Stargate
I thought that was super frustrating too but I couldn't blame Ben and Claudia. I mean you want to work/eat you can't turn down jobs like that.

I don't think there was a need to choose between Zev and Xev. I was fine with the episode that tackled how one evolved from the other. I was glad Eva could come back at all given that they had waited for too long to find a new home for the show and their contracts had run out and she was already on another show at the time, plus she recommended Xenia to be her successor. I think they both had a lot of chemistry with Michael McManus (Kai). It was a shame how the show ended. I mean a lot of s4 was questionable, especially given how absolutely brilliant s3 was! I still adore s3 so much in its entirety.

Yes, Defiance was the show with Jaime Murray. Graham Greene, Julie Benz, Mia Kirshner and Linda Hamilton were also in it. I actually came to appreciate it but yeah... it wasn't instant love like with Killjoys or Farscape.

I don't know about Krypton to be honest. I tried to watch the pilot and fell asleep. Embarrassing I know but it seemed to draw from a fair amount of tropes in the first 10min.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-28-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the Paire gif, Arinna!

You're lucky you never saw Independence Day, Nina. It wasn't really that good. I thought Stargate was okay, but could've been better. It had an interesting concept, it just needed a better story.

I'm not blaming Ben and Claudia. I understand that they needed the work. But to have them on the show that probably killed Farscape so soon after Farscape got cancelled was just infuriating. It didn't help that they weren't allowed to interact with each other in that way that made fans love them on Farscape. The only other character Ben had that much chemistry with on the show was Gigi as Chiana.

I didn't want to choose between the two. I liked both Xev and Zev. You're correct that they both had chemistry with McManus. I did feel that there was a bit more intimacy between Eva's Zev and Kai than there was between Xev and Kai, but that was probably due to Lexx: Tales From A Parallel Universe being a four part miniseries, so perhaps there was a greater sense of urgency as they might not have known if they'd get picked up as a regular series. Xenia's Xev was still in love with Kai, but it felt more drawn out, obviously.

Yeah, season 3 definitely stepped it up in terms of production value. I still liked the whimsy of season 2, and the epic nature of season 1. Season 4 was a mess. They never should've gone to Earth in my opinion, and Kai's death was a letdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yes, Defiance was the show with Jaime Murray. Graham Greene, Julie Benz, Mia Kirshner and Linda Hamilton were also in it. I actually came to appreciate it but yeah... it wasn't instant love like with Killjoys or Farscape.

I don't know about Krypton to be honest. I tried to watch the pilot and fell asleep. Embarrassing I know but it seemed to draw from a fair amount of tropes in the first 10min.
Oh, Julie Benz, Mia Kirshner, and Linda Hamilton were on that as well? I had no idea. I never got a chance to get into that, however. I sorta lost interest in SyFy after BSG ended. The network just wasn't the same after the 90's, to be honest. I wasn't that interested in Krypton, either. It just seemed like a Superman version of Gotham.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda missed them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread