Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Barbara!

Thanks for the link! No, I don't know them, but I can still appreciate why you like them. Why do you think you shouldn't ship them?
Hi Alex,

Because he's abusive and insanely jealous. He doesn't leave her alone even when she asked him to leave.
Lucresiare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucresiare (View Post)
Hi Alex,

Because he's abusive and insanely jealous. He doesn't leave her alone even when she asked him to leave.
Oh wow. Yeah, that is a tough ship to like. He's abusive to her?

You'll never give up on Jess and Rory, will you, Arinna?
Old 07-24-2018, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Noooope.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought not.

Ugh, I can't wait for the new season so we can start shipping again. But I also don't want summer to end so I'm trapped.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know, a lot of people shipped Karen/Matt on 'Daredevil' but I never could because I felt that it was so disruptive to the friendship and working relationshp that Matt, Foggy and Karen had built. Plus Matt/Elektra have so much more chemistry (even Matt/Claire for those few episodes in s1 in my opinion) and Karen is going to get with Frank eventually, I presume... anyway.

I must admit I don't remember too much about 'Party of Five' so I may be wrong and it could only be 'Scream' actually. Yeah I'm going to scream if they are not finally giving us Falice – Gladys or no.

I don't think Batwoman means there is no room for Batgirl. Admittedly I think the comics that had both usually had the first incarnation of Batwoman, Kathy Kane, and Barbara Gordon. Still... all that being said, I am so confused about the casting for that 'Birds of Prey' movie they announced last week – like they are going to do a BoP movie without Oracle/Barbara Gordon? A definite face-palm moment for me. I already prefer the cheesy The WB show over this trainwreck movie. So sorry for Margot Robbie.

Yes, let's do it –– we need a good campaign strategy though, not sure if recycling the sardines for getting Rachel True on 'Sabrina' would work though Salem would surely be pleased.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I knew that the Matt/Karen thing wasn't gonna happen because sooner or later they were gonna introduce Elektra to the show. Matt also had a relationship with Black Widow in the comics, but it was obvious the show wasn't gonna do that. I think Karen's on The Punisher now.

Skeet and Neve were both in Scream and The Craft, although their characters weren't involved with each other in The Craft. And from the tweets I've seen from Madchen it definitely looks like Falice will happen. I don't know if sending fish in the mail will help Rachel True, though. But I'd do it to get her on Sabrina.

They're gonna do Birds of Prey without Barbara? It's because the damn WB is so stingy when it comes to any Batman character that it's gotta be run through them first. Barbara already got screwed when Joss Whedon left the Batgirl project. And what about Margot Robbie?
Old 07-24-2018, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Well, wait – Joss Whedon wanted to do Stephanie Brown as Batgirl from what I read. I thought that was screwy to begin with ... everyone seems to be all like no, if you do Batgirl it must be Cassandra Cain. But really, I think it should be Barbara Gordon plain and simple.

That new "Bird of Prey" movie they announced it is so hard to see how that could work without Barbara/Oracle. I think it's mostly though so as not to take away the limelight from Harley Quinn... then again Margot Robbie is the only one who seems remotely excited to promote these terrible movies so maybe that's fair.

Yeah no, we need to come up with something other than tinned fish for Rachel.

From the credentials it looks like Karen will be in s3 of Daredevil as well though.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

She will be? That's good.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG, I agree, Nina. Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown do not have the legacy that Barbara Gordon has, and Joss should be ashamed of himself for even thinking of someone else. Birds of Prey needs Barbara and Oracle and Batgirl if possible. But what's Harley doing there? She the villain or something?

Nice to know that Karen will still be in Daredevil. I'm only halfway through season 1. And yeah, I think we took the canned fish thing as far as it can go.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But what's Harley doing there? She the villain or something?
From what I read it sounded like she will be taking Barbara's place. Like Huntress (not clear what incarnation) and Black Canary will still be part of the team... and Katana for some reason which has probably something to do with her and Harley already having teamed up on Suicide Squad (terrible movie). So yeah... as I said The WB's feeble attempt back in the early 2000s looks pretty damn good right about now. *snorts* I must say I thought for all its failures, casting Dina Meyer as Barbara/Oracle was a really good choice.

Yeah, time for a new idea. Do we have to identify broadly which role we'd like Rachel to take on 'Sabrina' – it's a pickle, don't want it to be too narrow but not too general either. But the role may give us ideas what to put instead of fish. Halloween candy? Perhaps too whimsical and too general.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Harley take Barbara's place? That sucks. They're the Birds of Prey. Harley's persona doesn't fit into that dynamic. What, they think they can just fit any female characters into that dynamic? The Birds are Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress, and that's all.

I don't know the Sabrina comics all that well, so I have no idea who Rachel could play. I barely knew the Riverdale characters other than the main four. And Halloween candy does sound like a good idea.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:46 AM
Elite Fan

I agree this whole scenario doesn't compute. Had they done Gotham Sirens with Harely, Poison Ivy and Catwoman, sure. That's more in line with Harley the anti-heroine but can you see Black Canary take commands from Harley? Nah. I mean on The WB show, again for all its faults, right, they took their time introducing Harleen Quinzel as Helena's psychiatrist and then her visiting the asylum and the Joker, going mad, starting to manipulate Helena... that I get. But I guess in DCEU they can't really do that now since Suicide Squad and Justice League came first and Harley is already sort of redeemed.

I could have gone for a reluctant BoP team has to work with Harley to do XYZ to save Gotham but BoP without Barbara Gordon/Oracle is a total shame. They did her dirty.

Yes, unfortunately I have no clue either. So We should probably do some re-con and read the comics. Also I suspect they are already filming so it's too late for season 1 but once we've watched that we may have a better idea and then can come forward for our Rachel True for season 2 of "Sabrina's could be going somewhere, they seem to like their 80s/90s cult movie actresses and actors. And who better than Rachel, she's such a lovely person.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Haven't read all the above but Matt (in the show) belongs to Elektra (although is a very complicated relationship, broke my heart, made me sob, etc) and Karen belongs to Frank (the punisher) and I think most people would be happy with that.

So Klebakh is leaving me forever next week, can't say I'm looking forward to it, I kinda know how is going to end and I kinda hate it? but oh well.. I gotta watch and the 100 ends in two weeks so we'll see what happens with my other ship (although this one is platonic) cause they've managed to ruin that relationship PROPERLY this season (again)

Also Wynonna Earp is back and I have two ships in that show, one platonic and illegal and another one non illegal and non platonic and I can't wait to see what happens with both
DGSAFDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was more of a Klaroline fan.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

May - personally I agree that Matt belongs with Elektra. I can't say I really care about Karen's love life though. As for other people being happy with that, cime on, this is fandom. I have to catch up with The 100 at some point. Not sure i have any shipping expectations at that point.

Hm... the show that is finally back for me is Killjoys. The season premiere was good though since it was a flashback and all I was a bit sad we didn't get to see Pawter and Elvis. I miss them both. But good because no D'avin and all about Dutch's and Johnny's friendship. Other than that a bit frightening here what Khylen and Aneela are doing there in the green...

Reply   Post New Thread