Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You'll be shipping them soon enough, Arinna. They're teenagers on the show now.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Arinna,

I'm watching a lot right now The 100, The Originals, Killing Eve, Humans, The Handmaid's tale, Westworld, SKAM Italia, SKAM Austin and I recently dropped Legion but I might pick it up again who knows

I don't ship anything in most of these tho, in The Originals I ship Klebekah of course, in The 100 I ship (platonically) Bellamy/Octavia and SKAM Italia is killing me slowly with non canon ships god damn it!!!
Old 05-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

How's The Originals? Is it any good?
Old 05-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

How's The Originals? Is it any good?
Old 05-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, that's a lot, May. I think Arinna is only shipping Jim Gordon and Leslie Thompkins on Gotham right now. Bruce and Selina have to grow up a little before she can ship them. But I think she'll be shipping them by season 3.

OMG, Westworld is killing me right now. We're halfway through season 2 and I still feel like it's taking forever.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm trying to stay away from the shipping part for now.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really, Arinna? I thought you shipped Jim/Leslie on Gotham? Don't worry, you'll be shipping Bruce/Selina by the time we get to season 3. They're both teenagers on the show now and 18 in real life.

Aside from that, I've got no new ships at the moment, other than my Westworld ship which is torturing me.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

I started watching Quantico and Simon/Raina were so cute.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I started watching Quantico and Simon/Raina were so cute.
Hi, Nina! I never watched Quantico. I think ABC cancelled it, sadly. I like Priyanka Chopra.

Okay, I just watched Westworld 2x6! I can't believe there's only four episodes left in the season.

Like I've said from the beginning, Ford isn't dead, his consciousness is still in the park system manipulating things. That's how Ford is talking to William through the hosts and leading him along on his game to find "The Door." And notice how Dolores was running the same test that William ran on James Delos? Testing Bernard for "fidelity."

Is Teddy really Teddy anymore? Is Dolores really Dolores, or is she Wyatt? Notice how her southern farmer's daughter accent is gone and she's now speaking like Wyatt all the time. Did you see what they did to that poor tech guy, leaving him in that train car and disconnecting it, and Teddy leaving him with a gun and one bullet as a final act of mercy? That was cold. They disconnected the train car they were on from the engine, leaving the tech guy in the forward car with the train engine in front. That's why Teddy told him to use the gun quickly, because they used the engine to break through a barrier to the Mesa. That's the same train that guests take to and from Westworld, the one that William took when he first came to the Delos park.

I loved all the samurai/Kurosawa stuff in Shogun World. That sword fight was epic! I'm also surprised that Armistice's Shogun World double, Hanaryo, decided to go along with the group to Westworld while Akane and Mushashi decided to stay behind. And after seeing Shogun World and Raj World I'm wondering if there are other parks based on the other Delos parks in the original 1973 Westworld movie, like Medieval World and Roman World, or will they have something different?

I'm glad William had a chance to make amends with his daughter, Emily. I think he left her behind because he knew what she wanted him to do, leave Westworld and Delos and go back home to the real world with her. But William had already decided last season that he would never leave Westworld again, and now that Ford has given William his own game to play after realizing that "The Maze" wasn't meant for him, William is going to play Ford's new game until he finds "The Door," and he can't let his daughter stop him from doing that. I think William felt that after his talk with Emily at the campfire, all was said between them that needed to be said, and he can go now without feeling the guilt of Emily blaming him for her mother's death. He only told her that he'd leave with her to make sure that things were settled between them, and when Emily told him "it's a good start," I guess that was enough.

Now Maeve knows what William went through when he came back to Sweetwater and found Dolores there, but with no memory of him, dropping that damn can for the next guest who came along. Maeve's daughter was reset just like Dolores was, thinking this other host is her mom. But can her daughter remember her like Dolores was eventually able to remember William? And that Ghost Nation Indian who spoke to Maeve is the same Ghost Nation Indian that Emily and Ashley escaped from, the one who whispered to Ashely that, "you only live as long as the last person who remembers you." That's Akecheta, the same host Logan met 30 years ago, along with Angela, when they first pitched the idea of funding Westworld to Logan, remember? I'm guessing that Akecheta, being a host as old as Angela, Maeve, and Dolores, has also gone off his script and is thinking for himself.

Oh, and fun fact: Luke Hemsworth, brother of Liam and Chris Hemsworth, plays Ashley on Westworld, and the guy who plays Karl Strand on Westworld is Gustaf Skarsgård, brother of Alexander and Bill Skarsgård.

It's seems as if The Cradle is like a game simulator. It keeps all the data of all of the hosts storylines and narratives stored in one place and keeps running them over and over so that the hosts always have a central memory to draw from. You think these narratives are stored in the hosts' own memories? Nope, they need a central database to store and run all these storylines and narratives after they've been written as a sort of practice before transferring them to the hosts in the park. That's where Ford's consciousness has been hiding all this time.

It's clear that Bernard has had his mind transferred from one host to another over the years from the looks of all those other host bodies. My guess is that Dolores/Wyatt's plan is to try and transfer host consciousness to host-human hybrids like James Delos. That's the only reason she'd be looking for that place William created. Just being regular hosts isn't good enough. In order to leave the Delos park and go out into the real world, she wants them to upgrade to host-human bodies made from actual human DNA.

And I think I know what Ford's game is for William. Notice how young Ford told William that his new game was meant for him and that he had to find "the door," and that the game begins where he ends and ends where he began. When Ford spoke through the new El Lazo, Lawrence's replacement in Pariah, he told William that this game was meant for him, but he "must play it alone," prompting El Lazo and his men to all kill themselves. Then Ford, speaking through Lawrence's daughter, told William that if he's "looking forward" then he's "looking in the wrong direction."

Okay, since William set off on his quest to find "The Door," he's reunited with Lawrence, made amends to both Lawrence and his wife for what he did last season by saving them all from Major Craddock and his Confederados, and has even made amends with his daughter, Emily, to a certain extent. She told him she didn't blame him for her mother's death and wants him to return to the real world with her. And from what I've seen in the promo for next week's episode, it seems like William's next stop on his journey backward is Maeve and her daughter. Is it a coincidence that William and Lawrence are attacked by Ghost Nation Indians right at the same time that Maeve, her daughter, and her daughter's replacement mother are attacked by Akecheta and his Ghost Nation Indians? It must mean that William is close by, and William ended up having to go on the run from the Ghost Nation after they attacked, meaning he's once again on his own and alone with no help, just as Ford wanted.

I'm guessing that William will have to make amends with Maeve and her daughter soon and settle accounts with them, which means that after that, there's really only one more stop on his journey backwards, and that's Dolores. Of course, Dolores isn't really Dolores right now, she's either mostly or all Wyatt, and Teddy isn't Teddy anymore either, so William can't really make amends with him either. That should be an interesting reunion, though. Then the game can finally end with William going through "The Door," and... welcome back, Jimmi Simpson! Well... "possibly."
Old 05-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, it's cancelled. I think rightfully so. I mean the first season was great. I'm halfway through the second season and it's so-so. But really how many government conspiracies can you come up with? Also the flash-back format worked well one season but then it got a bit too much. Still Simon/Raina were really cute but so not meant to be – him being an observant Jew who served in the Israeli Defence Forces and Raina being a conservative Muslim but they were so cute together.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-28-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yes, it's cancelled. I think rightfully so. I mean the first season was great. I'm halfway through the second season and it's so-so. But really how many government conspiracies can you come up with? Also the flash-back format worked well one season but then it got a bit too much. Still Simon/Raina were really cute but so not meant to be – him being an observant Jew who served in the Israeli Defence Forces and Raina being a conservative Muslim but they were so cute together.
That sounds a lot like 24. I guess TV fans felt they'd had enough of that back in the 2000's, huh? Perhaps it was too soon for a show like Quantico. Fox's new 24 show didn't even make it past one season. No Jack Bauer or Chole O'Brian, no 24, I guess.

OMG, they were? I'm surprised that relationship even made it past hello. That's a tough situation.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Ach, I never understood what the obsession with Chloe was. I never liked her. I really shipped Jack/Nina hard though for three seasons.

Yes, they were really really cute – like he made her tea and got her orange blossom flavoured water... they held hands a bit... it was really endearing, you know, I was really rooting for them.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chloe became a real fan favorite, Nina. Jack told her she was the only one he could ever count on. I guess you shipped Jack and Nina because her name was Nina? But she was pretty evil, Nina. She killed Jack's wife and he ended up killing her, so that was never gonna happen.

That does sound sweet. But given the circumstances I probably wouldn't have tried shipping them. That does seem like a ship that was destined to fail.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Well, they were a couple, Alex, remember? And Nina knew how to press Jack's button's. Plus I love the actress who played her. Yes, she was super-evil which is what I really enjoyed. The juxtaposition between that and Jack's whole goodness routine. Plus there was some amazing fanfic around at the time. In a way it was maybe a bit like Sydney/Sark just better.

Oh, I don't know. Simon was kicked out of the FBI training but Raina stayed for her sister although she was really tempted to take a job at Simon's start-up company. They kept meeting for tea and in the end Simon sacrificed himself by driving the car with the bomb into the Potomac, and he spent his last moments on the phone with Raina. I'm usually not one for the star-crossed thing but it made me cry. I think they could have found a way around it all.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Jack and Nina were together, if you call infidelity "together," but I don't know if you can call that being a "couple" sin was cheating on his wife. I do get your Sydney/Sark analogy.

Oh, that sounds really sad, Nina. That would've depressed me a lot if I had watched it.