Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alex really looooooooooooves his Westworld ship.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I warmed up to him temporarily when he wrote that essay for her and let her sleep when she was so exhausted after all the **** his brother pulled. I always thought William was a very exhausting character because Noora needed to talk so much sense into him every bloody time until he finally got it. It wasn't until the very last episode where he realised by himself what Noora needed and told his father that they wouldn't return to London at this point. Really that was the first time that he knew what to do on his own.

Ah well, have to wait for this week's episode then. I'm stuck on the one from before last week. So I expect I'll catch up on that tonight, hopefully.
Let me know what you think of 1x07, I really liked it. I think I've liked most of the episodes in SKAM Italy, to be fair tho I don't remember much of 1x01 and 1x02 so maybe I'll re-watch when the season is over.

Yeah I remember seeing the clip of William texting his dad in the last episode. I thought they were more solid at the end of the show, it was too wanna be angsty in season 2 for me. Also I thought the ending with Jonas and Eva was absolute bull****, didn't mind them getting back together but it came out of nowhere when they both showed up with different people? IDK I hope they change that too if she does end up with Gio. (I'm still crossing my fingers for Martino leave me alone I know I'm wrong )
Old 05-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, this conversation has been going on a while. I'm so lost, you guys.

Anyway, Westworld confirmed a theory I've had for a while, that Delos Corporation was attempting to transfer human minds into human/host hybrid bodies made from human DNA to give people immortality. That has rather interesting implications for one of my ships if Robert Ford's "door" game for William is what I think it is.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

May - yeah, totally adored Sana hitting Alice with that dictionary (I'm sure it was a Latin dictionary given the intro in the first episode about the uselessness of learning Latin and Ancient Greek at the liceo. Very sweet how Eleonora hugged Eva too. I think she Eleonora bungled her exit with Edorardo a bit though by telling him he had stupid hair, that diminished the impact. I didn't find the full episode 7 of Skam Germany (Druck) anywhere only three separate clips so far, is that correct? I caught up till episode 6 though. One of my favourite things was that conversation that Kiki and Amira had at school where Kiki called Amira out on being impolite and her tone and Amira's response. I thought that was funny because both of it was so very very German in a way just coming from different angles. I think that's what I enjoy most about the different versions that I can pick out these cultural differences since I've been to all these places, even lived there for some time... (not in Norway, only been there but know a lot of Norwegians). Yeah, you know... I didn't read it as Eva and Jonas getting back together at the end of the original SKAM more as a hook up between friends. I didn't think that was out of character for them. I agree though that I think it would be out of character for what we've seen so far of Eva/Gio or Hanna/Jonas. But we'll see how that develops.

So... 'The Royals' season finale... idek... I want it to get picked up after this cliffhanger though I still have my doubts that it will after the Mark Schwahn scandal. I think that got lost, Alex, I wondered if beside Alexandra Park he also approached Merritt Patterson (Ophelia) and that's why she left the show after the first season. Because it always seemed to me like they had something more longterm planned for her character and the exit was hastened. As for that finale now... idek... people are speculating that Robert threatened Willow's mum or something and that's why she agreed to marry him after all or that she went over to the dark side but really I think it's so much simpler than that -- Len said it earlier, Willow is a good person and she wants to believe that there is good in Robert and I think Liam actually torpedoed their coup d'état by telling Robert how much he used to look up to him and then Robert's whole cray cray vision of Simon telling him that Willow would be his salvation. I think Robert went to Willow telling her that he will share power with her and that he wants an equal partnership and she believed him and thinks she can do some good that way. That's why she said yes. In other news, does anyone really believe that Kathryn's baby is Liam's? Didn't she take that pregnancy test at the end of the previous season and at the point she had only been with Robert? This is so confusing. I still hate Jasper I mean that was such so much retro-wanking that went into making his character acceptable after he basically sexually assaulted and blackmailed Len and I cannot with the love story, it's so twisted and probably what someone like Mark Schwahn would think of as acceptable but I always gag. After four seasons I keep on saying #QueenLen!!!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Alex,

I just watched Westworld yesterday and I thought I was going to get bored but I was very entertained, mostly with the William flashbacks and the Bernard storyline. Also William did something good, yay? don't know how long it'll last tho.

Nina,

I don't think episode 7 of Germany is out, I'm subscribed to a british dude that reacts to all of the SKAMs and he hasn't reacted to the Germany one yet when usually he reacts to both Germany and Italy on the same day. Not sure what happened and yeah Sana and the dictionary was so funny I love that in SKAM Italy it looks like they really care for each other, like they're nicer to each other than on the original SKAM IMO. Sana is crude but she still cares and Silvia is dumb sometimes but she still cares.

Also the guy who reacts to SKAM went crazy on episode 6 because this Eva actually stopped to ask Silvia if she wanted to leave with her when I believe no other Eva has ever even questioned Vilde/ETC before leaving the house.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

DP

Last edited by DGSAFDMD; 05-15-2018 at 11:26 AM
Old 05-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

I think Sana very much cared in the original too. You could see that particularly in her season, I thought... even during Isak's season. Or when she gave Noora advice on how to deal with William. I think you could see that there was some disconnect though -- she thought people would be appalled by Sara's crude gossip and didn't understand when Isak told her that all the girls were talking like this about each other which is why Sara was so quickly forgiven after some b.s. excuse.

I think it's interesting insofar as Norwegian!Sana had a Moroccan migration background. Yes, she was celebrating constitution day with the others and even donned some tradition Norwegian clothing but her parents went to a Moroccan wedding and her brother seemed to mostly associate with other Muslim friends (no matter the state of Yousef's faith)... also that one episode in the second season where we saw the fiancée of her brother and her group of Muslim girl friends: I was a bit disappointed that they never made a re-entry during her season. Meanwhile Italian!Sana said her father is from Tunis and her mother from Pescara -- which makes me wonder what her season will look like because if her mother is actually Italian and married a Tunisian it may be that she wasn't/isn't Muslim... and we remember from original Skam that Sana debate with her mother why Muslim men can marry non-Muslim women but not the other way around. Meanwhile I thought it was very fitting that Imane was very clear with Daphné that she was French -- given all the colonies France had, it's very possible that Imane's ancestors came to France a long time ago so why would she refer to herself as anything else. It's not been made clear yet where Amira stands. Given Germany's demographics I want to say that the most plausible thing would be for her to be second or third generation Turkish immigrant but born in Germany, probably with both a German and a Turkish passport. But we'll see. I really liked that part in the third episode or so about helping out with the tutoring and these nimwits only wanted to give Hanna a leaflet and Amira asked whether she could have one too.

I'm not sure about the caring to be honest -- I just think it's a question of culture. There definitely is a lot of hugging in Italian culture, no way you get around bisous in France, meanwhile if you do the hugs and kisses thing in Germany, people will think you're an airhead and a bit of a cow unless you're actually French or Italian. It's not that they love you less, they just don't necessarily show it physically.

ETA: Yes, I think Eva is the only one who asked whether Silvia wanted to leave with her but I'll have to revisit this just to be sure. It's also the first time that Silvia actually claimed that she had made out with somebody else as well while Edoardo made out with Sara. Did we even see Kiki's reaction yet?

I saw those reaction posts around but haven't really watched them. I kind of prefer to make up my own mind and talk to you aka someone I respect about it.

Tried to watch Austin again last night but only got halfway through the first episode so... do you think that, what's her name Shay (?), Marlon's friend, is going to get the gay storyline? On the one hand I'm glad they incorporated all the U.S. American school stuff with the Talent Show, Varsity Sport etc. but yeah... I feel like it's not really needed. And I'm confused... is Poona (sp?) supposed to be part of Meghan's circle of friends or not. And you're right Meghan is super boring.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 05-15-2018 at 10:49 AM
Old 05-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

OMG Meghan is barely tolerable... I swear I wish this wasn't her season but I loved Joe and I like (whatever Vilde's name is in here) so far.

I don't know if he's going to be gay, maybe they change things up and Jonas is the gay one on this adaptation I wish they would change it up a bit or maybe William's version... idk, maybe they even go with Grace, I wouldn't be surprised. I do believe is hinted that Joe is bi tho, you'll see if you get to episode 3, she's funny about it but she low key suggests a threesome between her, this version's Sana and a dude

Honestly I didn't watch Sana's season so I'm not really sure what you're talking about, I've only seen clips of Isaak's season, but I don't think I've watched full episodes. Mostly just seasons 1 and 2 and this is because I liked Eva/Noora in the original SKAM as well when will I learn?

Yeah I'm sure that they care for each other in other versions it just isn't as "sweet" looking as in the Italian version and they are softing some things, like Edoardo and Silvia was a little bit less terrible than William or his french version. And yeah Italians hug all the damn time so that helps
Old 05-15-2018, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Meh double post...

Old 05-15-2018, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

I thought from what I watched that the person Meghan talked to via video chat about Marlon's whereabouts was a girl in the Austin version whereas in all the other versions it was Isak or its counterpart.

Oh, Sana's season was my favourite. It was really good. Lots of Noora too. They are my two favourite characters. I didn't mind Isak's season but only because it was a bit lighter than Noora's and I needed a break from all the angst.

I just ... I mean 20min into Austin and I really hated it. I felt no connection with the characters and didn't care for the set-up. Sorry.

Last edited by Nikki K; 05-15-2018 at 12:08 PM
Old 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I just say that I loved every Wucy moment in the Timeless season finale?
Old 05-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

My co-workers and I agreed today: Flynn&Lucy4eva He was about to tell her about all his feelings...

May - for whatever it's worth in the last clip of what will make up episode 7 of Skam Germany, Mia (Noora) kind of admits to being bi or at least not thinking about gender when she looks for somebody to date.

Last edited by Nikki K; 05-15-2018 at 02:17 PM
Old 05-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, May! Hi, Nina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Alex,

I just watched Westworld yesterday and I thought I was going to get bored but I was very entertained, mostly with the William flashbacks and the Bernard storyline. Also William did something good, yay? don't know how long it'll last tho.
That was one of the best Westworld episodes yet, May. The scene between William and Major Carddock was awesome. "You think you know death, but you don't. You didn't recognize him when he was sitting across from you this whole time." Wow! William is a beast.

Yes, William did something good, but he's not where he needs to be yet. That won't happen until he passes through Ford's "door." What that will be is yet to be revealed, but I think what happened with James Delos might be a clue. Next week is all Maeve in Shogun World!
Old 05-15-2018, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if I can stand the week by week thing with "Westworld", I may wait till the season is over...

Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Honestly Nina,

Westworld is way better this time around but I'm not sure how I would cope with binge watching it, some episodes are like an hour 10 minutes long and ... I don't know, I don't do well with long shows however if you feel like you'll do better you can wait and watch once is done

Alex,

Yeah I guess we have to wait to see what's happening with William but HOLY CRAP his daughter is there! I didn't expect that AT ALL.

Nina,

OMG I had no idea about Germany? my baby is bi then? praise the lord! except I don't ship her with Hannah so she can get another gf if she gets one is it bad I always suspected Noora was bi too? there was just never a mention about it

Clip where Eleonora sings to Eva to cheer her up is now online and OMG my baby is so beautiful really trying to make Eva smile until the end, there's a bit where she holds her shoulder and then her hand goes towards Eva's face but she's wearing a hoodie so she just touches the side of the hoodie instead. IS SO ADORABLE
Closed Thread   Post New Thread