Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

So Westworld happened... and I'm sorry Alex but I don't know how you can actually defend William's actions now?

Also, he's a robot isn't he? or partial or whatever? he opened his arm at the end for a reason, I'm sure of it.

He actually went completely insane. I don't even know what to say anymore, this was not a story to redeem him at all they just made me loose interest in him actually. I am so pissed after he murdered his daughter, he's an idiot.

So Klebekah came back to me on Wednesday (had not had the time to talk about this I was very busy with work) but unfortunately they only shared like two scenes IDK what this show is expecting I need more scenes because we literally have like 5 episodes left

Also I was watching Flowers throughout the week (Mon to Fri) and that show just hurt me so badly. I loved S1 so much a few years ago when I watched and I wasn't so sure about S2 but it just exploded in the second half and literally DESTROYED ME. I cried a lot, I was depressed for like a whole day because of it, I still cry if I re-watch certain scenes like this had not happened to me since a long time ago... probably since The Borgias? but in The Borgias I was like that BECAUSE of a ship, this show was because of the show in general because of the theme and the characters. I am still recovering.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've heard that there was really emotional and sad scene between Dolores and Teddy.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Well for those who care about that ship or Teddy alone I'm sure it was. I don't really care for Teddy or that ship so I was more like
Old 06-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
So Westworld happened... and I'm sorry Alex but I don't know how you can actually defend William's actions now?

Also, he's a robot isn't he? or partial or whatever? he opened his arm at the end for a reason, I'm sure of it.

He actually went completely insane. I don't even know what to say anymore, this was not a story to redeem him at all they just made me loose interest in him actually. I am so pissed after he murdered his daughter, he's an idiot.

I'm not defending him, but I still blame Ford for all of this. William is so far gone he can't tell what's real and what isn't. He couldn't believe that Emily was his real daughter because of that damn profile chip that Ford gave him. But he didn't know that Juliet found his profile and put it in Emily's music box for her to find. When he saw the chip in her hand he knew what he had done and he was ready to kill himself after realizing he'd just killed his daughter. And now William is wondering if he's even human or if he's a host-human hybrid. And Dolores has basically had the same thing happen to her. She's barely herself anymore and can't tell if she's Dolores or Wyatt. Teddy killing himself also parallels Juliet killing herself after realizing the truth about William. Teddy couldn't live with what Dolores had done to him, turning him into a monster, and called her out on her hypocrisy before blowing his own brains out.

So now Dolores and William have both lost everyone they ever cared about. Dolores lost her father(after ripping out his control unit) and Teddy, and William lost his wife and daughter. In a way, this kind of bonds them together even tighter than before when they first met and fell in love. Like it or not, they're all each other has now. They're stuck with each other. And I have a feeling next week this is gonna end with the two of them. And is William a host-hybrid already or will he become one later, a younger, Jimmi Simpson version of William? I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure it's one or the other. But I really hate how this season has just destroyed both William and Dolores and broken them down to nothing. It's really depressing.

I'm sorry for what's happened on your other shows, May.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-18-2018 at 03:48 PM
Old 06-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

That's OK Alex, but I'm not Mary...

Yeah Dolores is alone now and I think Bernard is going to try to change her perception of certain things maybe? who knows what's going to happen there tbh.

Also I feel cheated? Evan said there was going to be a thing between Dolores and a woman and nothing happened wtf? we only saw her having sex with Teddy once

I didn't feel bad for Teddy but... I never felt much for him to begin with so
Old 06-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's OK Alex, but I'm not Mary...

Yeah Dolores is alone now and I think Bernard is going to try to change her perception of certain things maybe? who knows what's going to happen there tbh.

Also I feel cheated? Evan said there was going to be a thing between Dolores and a woman and nothing happened wtf? we only saw her having sex with Teddy once

I didn't feel bad for Teddy but... I never felt much for him to begin with so
Sorry, May. I got you mixed up with my co-mod, Mary, on the HIMYM board. It's only a difference of one letter!

Well, I'm guessing that all of our players are gonna converge on The Forge at the same time. William, Dolores, Maeve, and Bernard. I have no idea if anyone can change Dolores' perception of things at this point... except maybe young William? I keep thinking that Ford printed a young version of his body using his DNA and it's just lying around waiting for him to download his mind into in the Valley Beyond.

Was there? I didn't hear anything about that. And besides, how could a scene like that be worked into the story without being intrusive? It would seem tacked on, since Dolores' storyline this season was mostly centered on either her and Teddy during her quest for The Door, or the flashbacks with her and young William. A scene like that with no buildup would seem like it was coming right out of nowhere. If anything I thought that the whole thing with Elsie and Clementine from last season was left up in the air and unresolved, and that would've been interesting to explore. But again, I don't know where you could put that in this season without it feeling like it was out of place or bringing the pace of the story to a halt. Maybe Dolores was supposed to kiss Charlotte before trying to cut her brain open? I don't know.

Well, the whole Teddy/Dolores thing was really never given much of a chance to develop anyway, May, due to the show focusing so much on William and Dolores falling in love in season one, and Teddy always playing second fiddle to that. The irony is that Teddy wasn't given a real moment of true depth until he decided to take his own life. That was the most dramatic and potent scene Teddy's had over the last two seasons, the one time where he decided not to be an obedient attack dog for either Ford or Dolores, but to choose his own fate for once.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

May - Yes, I saw that Mia and Hanna kissed on Skam Germany. I have totally fallen behind on everything though at this point. Are they going to start up with the second series right after for both Skam Italia and Germany? I mean they did so for Skam France.

Arinna - Well, I did watch 'Reverie'. The pilot seemed a bit blah but then it got really good. Apparently a test audience at tvline who watched the first five or six episode agreed hat the show is getting better and better. So I'd definitely give it a go.

Hi Alex!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Alex,

I don't mean to **** all over your ship but I believe this Dolores is aware of who William is so ... she wouldn't take a younger version of him like nothing happened? she doesn't want William anymore, she did when she was a full on brain washed robot and William was sane but neither of those things are still in function so she might have some feelings in regards to the memory of good William inside her and they might come out in the finale during their confrontation but it looks like she's only meant to love Teddy

All I'm praying for is for Hector to not die, for Clementine to come back to the good side and for Maeve to be OK as well also Felix I don't want him to die.

Nina,

No, they haven't filmed S2 for either show so I know Italia was confirmed for S2 and S3 they said S3 is Martino's however they didn't say who S2 is for... if they changed it to be for Edoardo I'm going to SLAP SOME BITCHES that season belongs to Eleonora...

As far as I know Druck or Austin have not been renewed...
Old 06-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've tried the first two episodes, but we'll see, May.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! I'm glad to see you! Riverdale begins filming next month, so I'm hoping for Falice scenes!

Quote:
Alex,

I don't mean to **** all over your ship but I believe this Dolores is aware of who William is so ... she wouldn't take a younger version of him like nothing happened? she doesn't want William anymore, she did when she was a full on brain washed robot and William was sane but neither of those things are still in function so she might have some feelings in regards to the memory of good William inside her and they might come out in the finale during their confrontation but it looks like she's only meant to love Teddy

All I'm praying for is for Hector to not die, for Clementine to come back to the good side and for Maeve to be OK as well also Felix I don't want him to die.
Well, May, from the promo, Hector, Armistice, Hanaryo, Lee, Felix, and Sylvester finally managed to catch up with Maeve, who unleashes a bunch of host bison at the Delos soldiers. Where the hell were they all this time? And have you noticed that Maeve is the only one who's managed to keep her group alive all this time? She's suffered no losses, while William and Dolores have basically lost everyone. But it does seem like Maeve and her group end up on the wrong side of Clementine, whom Charlotte is gonna use to wipe out all the hosts by having them go all "Walking Dead" on them. So I hope Maeve's group all makes it out alive.

Well, I think that the real Dolores still loves young William, but I have no idea how Wyatt feels. Dolores wasn't "brainwashed" when she fell in love with young William all those years ago. In fact, falling in love with William was something she did of her own free will and not part of her narrative. It was what made her break from her narrative and start her path through "The Maze" towards self consciousness. And Dolores isn't exactly in a position of higher moral ground after all the things she's done, all the lives she's taken, and after what she did to Teddy. For someone who loves him, she really screwed him over, which basically makes her William's equal doesn't it? Both suffering from their own delusions. This whole story basically began with the two of them, and it'll end with the two of them like it was meant to. Yes, they'll both end up meeting in the finale, but I remember what happened during their last meeting. When it came right down to it, Dolores couldn't kill William. Even when "Wyatt" had him beaten and had a gun to his head, she couldn't pull the trigger. And after so much of William's life has been defined by Dolores, I'm kinda sure that William won't be able to kill her either. Those two are tied to each other.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

May - I don't care about the US thing but I really hope Skam Germany gets renewed. And yes, it better be Eleonora's series!!!

Alex - yeah, I mean, really... Riverdale needs more Falice. And that's a fact.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-20-2018, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Nina,

I hope the same, I really liked Germany's adaptation and I think it deserves a renewal for sure (even more than France IMO)
I am still meh about US the only thing they've changed that I'm OK with is that Isaak is non existing here and instead is a girl (Shay) so we'll see I guess..

Alex,

I don't believe Dolores and William are the same... Dolores didn't torture anyone and has not lost her mind, yes she has killed hosts and humans but she did it all with the mentality of becoming free (mostly the humans) and I was OK with that because they kinda had it coming? yes it is wrong that she changed Teddy but deep down I feel that even tho it was selfish to change Teddy so he would survive while following Dolores around, she did it for the same reason that is that she cares for him, she maybe is now leading to a different path than Teddy and it hurts her because she does love him but .... they're not equals anymore I guess

William is insane, is his fault that his wife killed herself and just killed his daughter plus he tortured and murdered a bunch of hosts for the "heck of it" although I already know you will defend him and say he did it with the purpose of waking them up or whatever, I don't care. He HURT THEM. For selfish purposes or whatever you want.

I think Dolores isn't as bad as present William and she is DOLORES not Wyatt... Wyatt would kill no matter what no matter whom (Wyatt was also manipulated by Ford btw) the Dolores that fell for William is a Dolores that was still sleeping and thinking her world was real a Dolores that didn't understand she was meant to be a victim and be raped and killed for the guests/William pleasure and the Dolores now is awake and wants vengeance because of this. So maybe manipulated or brainwashed wasn't the right terminology but she was most definitely NOT AWAKE. William fell in love with Dolores the character, the good innocent girl from the small town in the game... he's not in love with the REAL Dolores because he didn't get to know her and the Dolores character was in love with young William before he opened up and went crazy but wouldn't be interested in the present William and I doubt present Dolores would be interested either since she remembers all he did
Old 06-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm currently into "Ruby red".
Old 06-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

What is that Arinna?
Old 06-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Alex - yeah, I mean, really... Riverdale needs more Falice. And that's a fact.
I think/hope we'll be getting some, Nina!

Hi, May! Ruby Red is a movie that Arinna is into right now. I think it has something to do with time travel.

Well, I'm not gonna defend anyone or make a case for anyone, but I will say that if the writers felt the same way they probably would've just killed William at the end of season 1. But they obviously had a plan for him all along, so I'm gonna wait to see what it is. And again, William didn't rape anyone, he just cut hosts up, none of whom actually died.

I think the writers wanted to see the impact it would have on William, realizing that he'd just killed his daughter, mistaking her for a host, and how far gone he is to where he can't tell what's real and what isn't anymore, even cutting into his own arm to see if he's a host-human hybrid.

Did you notice that scene when William and Juliet were at the party at the start of the last episode, when Juliet asks him if something's wrong, and he tells her, "No, of course not," and she replies, "Good. Look around, everybody's here for you. What could possibly compare?" Then she walks away and he sees Dolores walking towards him with a tray of champagne glasses, which then turns out to be just an unknown blonde woman serving champagne. After 30 years he still can't get her out of his mind, which is why he told Juliet that he never really belonged to her or to this world, that he belonged to another world and always has.

Also, Teddy's act of free will and rebellion was to throw Dolores' hypocrisy right back in her face and remind her that she was becoming no different or better than what she was fighting against.

Here's the trailer. And am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? Is that William pointing his gun at Dolores' head and then Dolores is holding William's gun and setting the hammer back at 0:41, and William and Dolores riding side by side towards the valley at 0:37?