Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think so, Hermione and Hiram and happier and eviler together than ever. There is zero chance that Fred would ever want to get back with Hermione again either. That being said, I wonder though –*what is Ringwald so busy with? Or is it merely that she doesn't want to do more than the occasional guest appearance?

Well, actually I think that's not totally impossible now, is it? Clifford hanged himself after all –*remember how Veronica fake-hanged herself in the 'Heathers' movie? He could have easily done it that way.

I actually loved 'Terra Nova', I had a mad crush on Shelley Conn. Even watched a super trashy show called 'The Palace' for her which btw is freely available on youtube... probably a first attempt at 'The Royals'. Anyway... 'Terra Nova' was really good if you gave it a chance... I think there was a regular pilot and an extended version and because I watched it on DVD I watched the extended one which was much better. I understand why it was cancelled, I mean, this show must have cost so much money to produce, the VFX was really good actually but I liked that the story didn't really depend on it. I liked the whole living on the frontier thing while re-inventing science.

Yes, Parker Posey plays Dr. Smith... and does so well. It's really not her fault or the cast's fault and it seems people like it... I just find it's so stressful and anxiety driven. I mean wouldn't a glimmer of hope have killed anybody?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 04-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)

I've been watching the new 'Lost In Space' ... there are some interesting ideas though honestly at times it reminds me of that show that was on FOX six years ago 'Terra Nova'. And I hate to say this but the latter had more charm though I initially wasn't terribly enthusiastic about it because I'm a bit whatever about dinosaurs but it turned out they were merely a prop and the story was really good. My problem with 'Lost In Space'... it's so dire... everything that can go wrong goes wrong... there's a constant level of heightened anxiety... I mean the actors are all very good but nobody ever gets a break. I don't remember the orginal show very well but even in the 1998 movie... there was some humour to it... this is just scary. The scariest thing is Dr. Smith who is basically a sociopath and unlike the original character's version, this version's plans don't get foiled. Parker Posey plays her well and you can debate whether she is evil because she doesn't think of herself as such but I'd say yes because in the end she knowingly does evil things. It's all a bit exhausting. I 'm just really surprised I see people on my f-list praising it to the sky.
Honestly Nina when I saw the trailer I just didn't feel like watching Lost in Space and I haven't really tried it...

Quote:
I actually can see how some guys might think it's hot. But it's all about the context. It's only hot depending on how disturbing the rest of the circumstances are. If the surrounding circumstances are too depressing that can get in the way of any arousal, you know?
Exactly Alex. I think the difference between this and some other shows with incest plots is that on this one in particular the surroundings of the characters and just the plot in geneal is so bleak and you don't know when the sisterly bond/love ends and anytthing else begins, because part of me thinks Cora did all of this out of love just because she wanted her sister to have something of what she has. Their first scene they're not really spooning, they're just laying together in bed, they kiss and then the masturbating thing happens, is uncomfortable.

The second scene happens more naturally, more like "hey they are having a good time" because well they're both high and their boys are there and they're going to get laid, etc so when they kiss it looks like they're actually enjoying it this time?

Is hard to explain and unfortunately the scenes are not available on YT nothing is available except for trailers?

Here is the main trailer:

In other news. KLEBEKAH IS BACK! and for the last time because The Originals ends after this season and I already want to cry about it?
Old 04-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

By the way, I think you're gonna like the lastest episode of Timeless, Nina.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! Hi, May!

Oh, so you don't think that anything bad is gonna happen to Hiram, Nina? I keep thinking that Archie is still working against Hiram behind the scenes and he's putting on an act to get on his good side. And Hermione might be using Archie against Hiram after Andre called her "the boss," remember? But let's wait and see. I guess you might be right about Fred not wanting to get together with Hermione again. I have no idea why Ringwald isn't staying, but I guess we'll have to wait and see the finale. It's possible that she didn't want to do a regular series. Yep, Clifford could've totally faked his death, but wouldn't that seem derivative? It's been done many times before. And yeah, I remember Veronica's fake hanging in Heathers.

I didn't have much time for Terra Nova. I think I was still watching The Walking Dead at the time and my plate was pretty full. Now I have more time to watch shows because I've given up so many of them, or others have ended. But I'm probably not gonna watch Lost In Space if it's so depressing. I'm already gonna be depressed enough with Westworld.

Thanks for the video, May! Yeah, I agree. I think that a show like this is too dark and depressing to be either aroused or infatuated by the incest plotline. It's not like Flowers In The Attic or The Borgias in that sense. And I think I've seen other trailers like that one, and yes, it is pretty disturbing.

I'm afraid Timeless might not get a third season from what I've been reading.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:43 AM
Elite Fan

May - honestly, I wasn't planning on it either but so many people were praising it to the high heavens and I do like Parker Posey and Molly Parker back from when she was on Deadwood... the cast didn't disappoint but the rest was rather bleak in my personal opinion.

Alex - No, I don't see it, sorry. Hermione and Hiram are too 'one voice' and lovey dovey over the breakfast table throughout the whole second part of seasons now. If anything I see that Hermione strives to be the official/legal/legit face of the operation as mayor. I honestly can't see Fred winning this. Which honestly is a catastrophe for the town. I mean I don't need a show like OITNB to tell me that privately run prisons and the state shirking its responsibilities that way are appalling and a disaster waiting to happen. It makes me highly uncomfortable. In any event... yeah, I guess we are supposed to believe that Archie has something up his sleeve seeing him do shirtless push-ups every bloody episode but the whole story arc takes way too long. I also must say that I don't think that it'll go over well with Veronica... as much as she likes to rebel against her parents and as much as she was angry with her father until the beginning of the season I think we are now at a point again where she'd feel utterly betrayed and hurt if Archie did anything that made Hiram go to back to prison. Also it'd be redundant... and then where would Hermione be? It's also not consistent what you're saying in a way -- like if Andre is indeed an FBI agent as you were speculating but he's recognising Hermione as the boss/mastermind then why go after Hiram?

And yeah sure that's derivative if Clifford faked his death but hey, it's The CW, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Well, if you have time and look for a sci-fi that is not depressing (and Shelley Conn is really really hot btw, I think I mentioned that), then re-visit 'Terra Nova'. I know I will!!!

Source: https://tsheena.tumblr.com/

Arinna - Oh, I haven't caught up with Timeless this season. What happened? Did they finally let Lucy bring Amy back?

If I'm honest there are very few shows out there where I'd be super sad if they got cancelled atm. I don't know.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 04-22-2018, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nah, they have Flinn joined their team.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina!

Well, I'm just guessing at this point, but I do think that Archie does have something going on behind the scenes that he's not telling anyone. It just seems like he's a little too loyal to Hiram, and I suspect everything he's done was just to get his dad out of the Lodge family's debt. Yeah, I see what you're saying about Hermione. But the actress who plays her did mention that the finale would see Hermione's loyalties being questioned, so who knows? Maybe she's just in this for herself? I guess we'll have to wait and see. I still haven't watched the musical episode yet, so I have to get caught up on Riverdale. I've been so lazy lately.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Arinna - Oh, so Flynn and Lucy are working together (again) at last? That is indeed intriguing. If the show really gets cancelled I do hope Lucy gets her sister back though.

Quote:
Hermione's loyalties being questioned
Perhaps Andre is indeed an FBI agent and if she wins the election he tries to make a deal with her, give him Hiram and she can keep the mayor job with a legit income or while he doesn't have enough to prosecute Hiram, he did call Hermione 'boss' which means he may have enough to make her go to jail. So perhaps that's where it ends up.

Well, as far as plot goes it wasn't terribly interesting. I really felt for Alice though, she is hurting so much and I understand Betty wants to help and Hal almost seemed sincere I couldn't even hate on him that much in the episode except that I think continuing where they left off won't make Alice happy and sadly this bloody show only gives us these little snippets so we just see that last part where FP after FINALLY having made up his mind about himself and Alice walks away because he decides ... I don't know what, that he's not worthy, that she's happy with Hal though we all know that can't last... so bloody painful cliché. Other than that, I felt so sorry for poor Midge. And surely Cheryl had the best scene when she scared Penelope at night in her full 'Carrie' stage outfit. The rest was a bit unexeceptional tbh.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad you're happy, Nina. But I'm not.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry, Arinna. I know you didn't like that.

Hi, Nina! Westworld is back! There wasn't any William and Dolores, but apparently Robert Ford's new narrative is for William this time, while the last one was for Dolores. The Maze was for Dolores and The Door is for William, so I'm curious as to where this is all going. Jimmi Simpson returns as young William, so I'm wondering where all this is gonna go. Oh, and Teddy died again.

Yeah, Lucy and Flynn worked together, and the writers are torturing the Wyatt/Lucy fans.

Yeah, that's what I think, Nina. Andre may be the FBI agent and he's undercover as Hermione's butler/chauffer and he may be working with Archie. I keep wondering what Veronica walked in on when she saw the two of them. We never did find out what that conversation was about, and we also never did see Andre actually shoot that guy, we just heard a gunshot.

Wow, all that happened? I'm gonna have to watch this soon. I still haven't seen the episode yet. I'm still sure that FP and Alice will eventually end up together, but it's not gonna be right away, Nina. They have to lead up to it a little.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Alex did you watch Westworld? Not really a "guilty pleasure" ship but I love Maeve and Hector so much they were perfect in the premier.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Was it good?
Old 04-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Alex did you watch Westworld? Not really a "guilty pleasure" ship but I love Maeve and Hector so much they were perfect in the premier.
Yes, I did watch Westworld, May! So Arnold's maze was meant for Dolores, but Robert's "door" is meant for William! And we're gonna get more young William with Jimmi Simpson when he returns to Delos to take Dolores to the outside world with him! Man, he can't let go of her. Dude fell in love with a Cylon.

And Maeve was awesome in the premiere! I loved how she just humiliated that Delos programmer.
We didn't get much of Hector, but it was enough. And what do you know? Teddy ended up dead again.

Yes it was, Arinna!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

It wasn't bad at all!

Alex, honestly Teddy bores me to death he can die for reals if you ask me

So one of my platonic illegal ships came back yesterday (well the show did) they're not reuniting for another 3-4 episodes I think and I'm really looking forward to it! Talking about Octavia and Bellamy from The 100
Old 04-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I'm gonna skip Westworld.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread