Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, I have looked in some tutorials on how to colour and brighten screencaps. Let me see if I can link you to it.

That one I found particularly helpful:: Helping icon makers one tutorial at a time. - Screencap Colouring Tutorial

Also there are several filters... a bit old school but I still find them helpful sometimes (I'm sorry if I link you to things you already know about):
Flaming Pear Software (there's demo version, I personally like a lot the options "glare" or "atherize" set to screen, also the contrast tool but hey, experiement with it!)

Two more helpful plugins with a trial version:
Xenofex
Eye Candy
Alien Skin Software: Image Doctor 2 (haven't tried that myself yet but the description seemed useful)

I thought about it for a bit and hey, I'm not the crazy bitch who clings to what she did, so if you want to give the CL thread a complete do over, by all means. I mean I tried in my with my limited capacities and thought some were good some were not so much. But perhaps we can keep the text and things? I mean you can always alter it.

Glad to hear you are working on Rodrigo/Giulia! I'm really looking forward to it - as I said, we should probably look into making OPs for the threads that don't have that much. I recently did Holliday, François and Juan - perhaps those we can leave but on second thought, if you want to change the CL thread completely, please do so. If you only want to change parts, perhaps just have a look that things still fit together.

Btw, I know I asked before and I have a brain like a sieve and I apologize but what was your name again, something easier to call you by?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

You can call me May, I don't think you asked before, if you did I didn't notice
I actually have Photoshop but I am not that good with it, I use Sony Vegas for coloring mostly since I know how to work with it for videos, I edit pics there too and they look fine..

Thanks for the tutorials and tips, I'm checking them out
In the mean time here is my tumblr link
Blah Blah
some of that stuff is like really bad.. but maybe you'll like some style on something? if you guys like you can use the graphic I posted on the C/L thread that is Francois/Holliday on their thread, if you like I can edit it so it will have some text.

I can also add some of the edits to the C/L site if you like them enough or I can just make couple new caps/banners and see if you like them enough to replace your stuff
Old 06-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not familiar with Sony Vegas. I was intimidated by Photoshop at first but there are heaps of colouring tutorials out there and I think I learnt a lot. So I'd just go and give it a try if I were you. One thing I still ike Corel Photopaint better for is for making manips. Somehow the mask tools and scaling work better. Anyway. Just have some courage, I'm sure you'll have it worked out in no time, May. I'm Nina btw - d'uh - signiture.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Ok, I have one Giulia/Rodrigo graphic done, and I'm going to make a banner as well.. how do I send them over? PM?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

I think that sounds good.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

You guys are awesome.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Oki, I made the banner (I actually am quite proud of it but the text is horrible, I can send it to you with and without text so you can select the one you prefer and also I'll send you 2 sizes) I made the graphic that is one single pic and I made one of those multi screencaps basic graphic that is not that much but if you want to use it you can.. at the moment I'm at work but I will send the PM to Nina as soon as I get home.

You need me to give you a hand with Giulia's thread also? Lucrezia/Paolo I might be able to do one graphic and screencaps graphic because we really don't have that much HQ material of them (plus he's dead, I don't think many people will visit the thread anyways lol)

I can try to help with Micheletto's thread too, I noticed you guys don't have much in that thread, I can add something if you want.

In re: to Lucrezia/Cesare I was editing one single pics with their quotes, if you're interested I can make some smaller for the thread, depends on what you guys would like to add, the 3 pics I posted can also be added with different text if you prefer.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe you can PM the CL as well?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

The C/L quote pics are really big.. but I can send them in their original size so you can check the coloring and text style and see if you like it, if you do I can then modify the size of the pics and text.

The 3 vertical shape pics I posted in the C/L thread have a single quote, the Impossible loves quote, you want me to send those too?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can you do that too, please?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Sure thing, I'll send them over as well
Old 06-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you so much.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

I'm still at work, that's why I haven't send anything yet. I'll be doing so as soon as I get home
Old 06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Don't panic, we are still 4000 posts or so away. When you look at the picture thread, I posted quite some Paolo/Lucrezia pics there and other stuff. If you want me to, I can also look for HQ stuff.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

It would be great if I can get more HQ stuff from them, so far I only have like 3 HQ pics and MQ screencaps
Closed Thread   Post New Thread