Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2020, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 1

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-09-2020, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Two And A Half Men
Old 01-10-2020, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Youtube
Old 01-10-2020, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

The Hunger Games – Catching Fire

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-10-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually came up with an idea for The Hunger Games. There's supposed to be a scene in the books where Katniss looks up old footage of the 50th annual Hunger Games, the second Quarter Quell, to see what Hamitch did when he became the first tribute from District 12 to win the games. According to the books, it was quite an extravagant spectacle. Many of the tributes were so in awe of how beautiful the game arena was that they left their platforms late once the timer hit zero. It was also one of the most brutal. I came up with the idea of a digitally generated young Hamitch, or perhaps just a young actor playing him, dressed up in a silver and gold outfit similar to the one that Arnold Schwarzenegger wore in The Running Man, and this idea that Panem during the second Quarter Quell was going through a period of extravagant excess similar to the 1980s. Since The Running Man and Rollerball were both predecessors of The Hunger Games, I thought that might be cool.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 01-10-2020 at 05:31 PM
Old 01-10-2020, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

I'm mostly foocused on the Haymitch/Effie romance. They are so cute. But yeah sure, you should totally write it. Maybe I'll finally find my inspiration for the sequel to my Hunger Games fic.

Old 01-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

NBC NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round - Minnesota Vikings vs. San Francisco 49ers

CBS NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round - Tennessee Titans vs. Baltimore Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I'm mostly foocused on the Haymitch/Effie romance. They are so cute. But yeah sure, you should totally write it. Maybe I'll finally find my inspiration for the sequel to my Hunger Games fic.
Oh, Effie? She's a character. Nah, I was merely suggesting a wardrobe choice, Nina. I'd still stick to the established storyline from the books. I'd just add the 80s inspired Running Man stuff for fun.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

But Haymitch's games were never really described in the books only in a few senteces, so you could totally elaborate on that.

And yeah I mean that's in the books but actually more so in the movies, they kiss in the last one. Effie, played by Elizabeth Banks.

Grey's Anatomy

Old 01-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
But Haymitch's games were never really described in the books only in a few senteces, so you could totally elaborate on that.

And yeah I mean that's in the books but actually more so in the movies, they kiss in the last one. Effie, played by Elizabeth Banks.
Yes, I know Elizabeth Banks. She played that role perfectly.

I do remember reading that Katniss did watch some of Haymitch's games and it showed that he went into the games with another tribute from District 12 who died in his arms much like Rue did with Katniss. They decided to split up because neither wanted to be put into a position where they might have to kill the other, but Haymitch ended up finding his partner wounded and dying, and he had to watch her die and then leave her body behind, all of which really affected Katniss because she had to do the same thing with Rue.

And then there's the actual reason why Katniss knew about the outer shields at the borders of the game arena. She saw how Haymitch defeated the final tribute in the 50 annual games, by tricking her into throwing her axe at him, and he ducked and used the shield to make her axe ricochet back at her, killing her. I think what happened is that Haymitch managed to win the Hunger Games without actually killing anyone, because he used his evasiveness and kept hidden while everyone else killed each other off, and then when he used the game area's own shield to get the remaining tribute to kill herself, Haymitch won the game without playing by the rules. I guess he pulled a Jonathan E from Rollerball, and that's why President Snow had it in for him, because Haymitch undermined the purpose of the games long before Katniss did.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yes that's true and that tribute was Katniss's best friend's aunt, Maysilee. In the book she had another best friend aside from Gale. Her name was Madge, and Madge and Gale got together at some point. So when Gale was whipped Madge walked through the snow storm to Katniss's house despite the curfew to get him the morphine for his pain. Also it was Madge who gave Katniss the Mockingjay pin that belonged to her aunt who died in the Hunger Games. That's why Haymitch in the books decided to help Katniss because he recognised the pin. I get why they left a lot of things out but the pin thing made me kind of mad... like she got it at the market?? That robbed it of all significance in the movies.

Old 01-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, I see. So Katniss and Haymitch actually had a connection that went back even further. Thanks for the info, Nina.

Yeah, I think that should've been in the movies as well. It makes no sense to cut it.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

I always imagined Dianna Agron to play Madge... even did some fanart for it...

Back to Grey's Anatomy...

Old 01-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice! She would look great in that. I guess that character got cut out of the film, huh?
Old 01-11-2020, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, unfortunately. Like I said it would have made more sense if they had kept her and it would have given the pin more meaning.

Old 01-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I think that the filmmakers were being a bit Katniss-centric, but I agree that the pin shouldn't have been arbitrary. I do wish they'd have kept it in.