Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

“THE CONFESSION” {2x10} Episode Discussion-June 17

THE CONFESSION

Quote:
While Alexander worries that Juan has not come home, Savonarola is tortured on the rack but will not confess. Cesare, determined to destroy his legacy as well as his body, fakes a confession and savonarola is burned as a heretic. Meanwhile, a new suitor for lucrezia’s hand – alfonso of aragon – arrives in rome. Playful lucrezia sets out to play the minx with him as with the others, then surprises herself by falling for him. She announces she will marry him. The pope’s joy, however, is short-lived when he receives dire news, furthered by a shocking confession from cesare. Later, during celebrations for lucrezia’s betrothal, alexander and cesare reunite over a cup of wine, but antonello is there and cesare realizes the danger too late as the pope raises the poisoned cup to his lips…
Source

Airs June 17, 2012 at 10pm on Showtime
Old 06-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

And we all know he didn't die just yet so that "cliffhanger" really is nothing like Bobby suddenly coming out of the shower. I'm just saying.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm excited for the finale

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

Hey hey! Welcome to the board!

And glad you are excited. My enthusiasm is not quite there yet. Perhaps everything will change if NJ finally delivers on CL (or if there is an entire episode only about Vanozza). We shall see.

I kind of have a hard time believing that Rodrigo's and Cesare's relationship will be mended within one episode. Like "Oh, you killed your brother, my favourite son, because of the little baby you say? Not because you were jealous and wanted the papal armies? Oh so glad to hear that! Nevermind then, here have a cookie!".

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 06-16-2012 at 11:53 AM
Old 06-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope it won't happen like that. Well, we'll see.

And hello there. I'm Stelena and Bamon fan as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

(I suppose the one thing is Stefan/Elena but what's the second one?) /unrelatedly

Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the warm welcome guys
Yay! A fellow Stelena & Bamon fan
Bamon = Bonnie and Damon.

Alexander is not going to take Juan's death well. I'm actually sympathetic to Juan, he was spiraling but he had so much going on his leg, his problem.... downstairs

I love Cesare but didn't he know his brother was expecting a child? I mean I swear that's what Juan said to his father when he returned, that his wife was pregnant?

On the bridge would have been the time for Cesare to finally embrace Juan not stab him I'm still confused about Cesare's reasoning it seemed sparked off by many things jealously, Lucrezia, but I'm still unsure? He didn't say much...

I'm hoping for a full explanation in the finale. Hopefully he tells Lucrezia. And they will share several scenes instead of just one.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 06-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope everything to be explained in that episode.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

I see. I'm really not up to date with all these names these days.

You're right with everything you said about Juan and yes, is wife is expecting a child. I think at least in his stabbing Cesare could have embraced Juan more. He was his brother after all. Frankly, I thought the whole stabbing was a pretty half-assed affair which is why I took Micheletto's comment as sarcasm. I think Cesare tells himself that he did it so his sister wouldn't and also because that was the only "help" when it came to Juan he could think of since his father instructed him to help his brother. Perhaps part of him actually thinks he did him a kindness, would he have wound up crazy and blind anyway. But in the end, let's be honest it was merely out of jealously because he wanted out of his robes, onto the battlefield and have all his father's love and admiration. Silly thing though that in this version of the story, I though that Rodrigo finally almost saw reason that Juan was not good at his job and that he should at probably replace him albeit not all that obviously as not to hurt him all too much. So I'm not really impressed by the show's solution - I don't think it made Cesare "the dark prince" quite the opposite really and I was really bored. There was nothing clever about this plot at all and Cesare looked pretty lacklustre throughout it and poor crazy Juan who just wanted his brother's love didn't put up any defence. If that isn't cowardice, killing your sick brother who doesn't even put up a fight just because you want his station and justifying it with all sort of other stuff, then I don't know what is.

Last edited by Nikki K; 06-16-2012 at 11:52 AM
Old 06-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

I rather appreciated Micheletto's comment I didn't think it was sarcastic. And Cesare's confused response, 'but you killed your father' and then again Micheletto's says it again.

I would have preferred a more dramatic scene and more emotion on Cesare's part. But I would have never expected Juan to fight him off. He was so helpless and hopeless at that point in time, shock, defeat and sadness was the response I expected and it was partly delivered.

Wish they would have had more meaningful words, they did grow up together.

Cesare is the dark prince to me.
But as he was repetitively stabbing him I didn't see much emotion, like thought behind what he was doing.

Like I said, I'm really hoping we understand in the finale. Have some aftermath response from Cesare about his actions. I think he'll be indifferent.

I'm excited to see how it plays out.... and as long as they deliver with some amazing Cesare and Lucreiza scenes I'll be happy. In the promo Alexander asks them both to get out of his sight, so this might finally give them a moment alone without people always ruining their moments.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 06-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

At this point I think this show is so badly written, I doubt we get much in a way of explanation but perhaps we get a good CL moment out of it. Hopefully.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm sorry you're not enjoying the show.

I'm liking it just fine. I just want a little more direction. But then again I started watching about a week ago and have had episodes on demand.

Let's hope that this episode is satisfying.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 06-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

I just hope the season finale is good. They need a strong episode to end the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
I'm hoping for a full explanation in the finale. Hopefully he tells Lucrezia. And they will share several scenes instead of just one.
I agree but I'm afraid Lucrezia will have lots of scenes with Alfonso.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still waiting for any kind of media to make Alfonso a three dimensional character so that I understand why Lucrezia loved him so much. But... I'm not all that hopeful. We'll see.

I would think we see a lot of him this episode (and then next season), especially since they are getting married so quickly.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

I have a feeling they don't develop Alfonso a lot in this episode. I hope they do it next season but I want to understand too why she loved him so much.