Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope Lila didn't disappear again.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I hope Lila didn't disappear again.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila! Thanks for those pics!

Yes, it's from Anton Chekhov who said, "if you show the audience a gun hanging on a wall in the first act, it must be fired by the final act or it shouldn't be there."

Siblings was awesome. But I agree that it did seem a bit inconsistent, like NJ didn't know exactly how to bring everything to a climax, pardon the pun.

I think that Vanozza should've been more involved in that storyline. I don't know why NJ delegated her to the sidelines in season 3.

Thanks so much for agreeing with me about Vanozza. I've made the same arguments that she must've known all along. Yes, she knew how Ces and Lu felt about each other. Good for you noticing that scene when Ces went to the house to make sure everyone was okay and prevent the assassination. Vanozza obviously had to see how Lu and Ces were with each other that night. She didn't flinch when she saw them either, remember? She never acted like it was inappropriate.

Well, the way they reacted to Juan's murder probably didn't surprise Vanozza given how she'd previously seen Juan act. But yeah, anyone could've seen the bond between Ces and Lu by then, I'm just surprised that Rodrigo didn't.
Yeah, NJ didn't know how to bring things to a climax until the simultaneous climaxes Lu/Ces had in 'Siblings'

Agree, Alex, Vanozza should've been larger in season 3. She was very close with Ces and supported him no matter what. Even when he killed Sfoza and Rodrigo was stressing over it, she said she would've killed him too if she'd been able.

Yes, she never flinched at Ces or Lu, even when she saw them dancing at the betrothal party, wondering how they could be so happy together that soon after Juan's death. When she asked Ces and he replied that his love for Lu was greater than his sorrow for Juan, she knew what he meant.

Rodrigo was so blinded by his affection for Juan that the sibs could've done the deed in front of him and he wouldn't have noticed

~ CESAR BORGIA 1475-1507 He will always be my prince
Old 09-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting post.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Me too!

Yeah, NJ didn't know how to bring things to a climax until the simultaneous climaxes Lu/Ces had in 'Siblings'

Agree, Alex, Vanozza should've been larger in season 3. She was very close with Ces and supported him no matter what. Even when he killed Sfoza and Rodrigo was stressing over it, she said she would've killed him too if she'd been able.

Yes, she never flinched at Ces or Lu, even when she saw them dancing at the betrothal party, wondering how they could be so happy together that soon after Juan's death. When she asked Ces and he replied that his love for Lu was greater than his sorrow for Juan, she knew what he meant.

Rodrigo was so blinded by his affection for Juan that the sibs could've done the deed in front of him and he wouldn't have noticed

Hi, Lila!

Well I'm glad we found Lila.

Nice. But I think NJ was just being lazy, to be honest. Given how much history there was left in the story of The Borgias I don't wanna hear him say he didn't have enough material. Cesare still had to wage war on Milan and the rest of the Romagna.

Of course Vanozza should've had a bigger presence in season 3, and they should've shown her confronting Cesare and Lucrezia about their relationship, although I think she'd approach each of them separately.

Well, Rodrigo was being a father, and even here admitted to Cesare that he blinded himself to Juan's flaws.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that made CL to form a unit.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Juan's death? Yes it did.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you agree with me.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah and Juan’s death removed a threat empowering them to more fully express their love. That’s why they were dancing together and eye each other at the betrothal party. Vanozza noticed, Alfonso noticed, guests watching them noticed, and Ces even admitted his feelings to his mother.

~ CESAR BORGIA 1475-1507 He will always be my prince

Last edited by Mignonette; 09-09-2020 at 03:23 PM
Old 09-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, they were dancing on Juan's grave, weren't they?

Yes, but I still wanted them to expand on Vannozza's suspicions about Cesare and Lucrezia. I would've preferred she confronted each of them individually and tell them to use extreme discretion.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would not trust NJ...
Old 09-10-2020, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Neither would I.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

So good that s4 did not happen.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fans would've revolted against Jordan.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe that is why s4 never hapened.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Showtime nixed season 4 after they saw what Jordan had planned.