Old 06-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Loyal Fan

1x10 Episode Discussion

Mistake
Hate: Animal Cruelty
Old 06-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Passionate Fan

THANK YOU FOR OPENING THIS THREAD!

ZOMGZ ASDFGHJKL this episode just blew my mind! So many thrilling moments and memorable quotes...
  • all the Guinevere/Leontes moments
  • Gawain, always and over and over again
  • Merlin/Igraine - I ship them so much. And eeeeek, they don't even have a thread yet! Need to open one.
  • Vivian. I have the feeling she's starting to question Morgan's ways, which could bring up exciting developments for a next season.
  • Gawain
  • Sinead Cusack is playing Sybil SO well! I dislike her more and more, thanks to Sinead's enthrancing credibility as such an evil character.
  • Morgan is going on my nerves. Seriously. I love Eva Green to pieces, I love Morgan's cunningness, but I wish Merlin was able to stop her. I want her as the constant enemy, not taking too much power, but staying in the background and plotting from there. At the moment it seems she's more powerful than the King, which is ... I don't know. Not to my liking.
  • Gawain
  • THE ATTACK AT BARDON PASS. THE MUSIC. THE PEOPLE. THE KNIGHTS.
  • Guinevere coming to Bardon Pass in order to bring Leontes his bible (?) - and him rescuing her from the arrows. MY POOR, POOR SHIPPER'S HEART.
  • Did I mention Gawain?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penrose (View Post)
THANK YOU FOR OPENING THIS THREAD!

ZOMGZ ASDFGHJKL this episode just blew my mind! So many thrilling moments and memorable quotes...
  • all the Guinevere/Leontes moments
  • Gawain, always and over and over again
  • Merlin/Igraine - I ship them so much. And eeeeek, they don't even have a thread yet! Need to open one.
  • Vivian. I have the feeling she's starting to question Morgan's ways, which could bring up exciting developments for a next season.
  • Gawain
  • Sinead Cusack is playing Sybil SO well! I dislike her more and more, thanks to Sinead's enthrancing credibility as such an evil character.
  • Morgan is going on my nerves. Seriously. I love Eva Green to pieces, I love Morgan's cunningness, but I wish Merlin was able to stop her. I want her as the constant enemy, not taking too much power, but staying in the background and plotting from there. At the moment it seems she's more powerful than the King, which is ... I don't know. Not to my liking.
  • Gawain
  • THE ATTACK AT BARDON PASS. THE MUSIC. THE PEOPLE. THE KNIGHTS.
  • Guinevere coming to Bardon Pass in order to bring Leontes his bible (?) - and him rescuing her from the arrows. MY POOR, POOR SHIPPER'S HEART.
  • Did I mention Gawain?
I have to ay YES YES YES and YES.

Sinead Cusck is doind a tremendous job, I loath her character.

My shipper heart broke twice: Guinevere/Leontes and Merlin/Morgan.

How many times did Guinevere cry in this episode?? Kudos to Tamsin, she did an amazing job.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Great episode!

My fave parts:
* Morgan and her attitude as Merlin and Igraine accuse her
* Sybil
* Gawain's fake smile
* Leontes' grief
* Guinevere's despair; Tamsin did that very well
* Arthur finally stepping up and acting like a leader
Hate: Animal Cruelty
Old 06-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode, but I had one problem with it and it's kinda a roll over from last episode... Merlin's anger about Redvold or Redwold or whatever his name was... I really didn't like the way they did that plot.

For one, I don't think Morgan is actually to blame for the kids death, I think who ever decided to open up that part of the castle to people with huge sections of wall missing is to blame. I mean call me crazy but having that area open was a disaster waiting to happen.

Second Merlin has been shown as such a big picture guy, I mean that scene with Arthur in this very episode where he yells at him about the big picture, that he is so old and has seen so much death, and that he seems to have a hard time forming attachments to anyone any more all make it hard for me to buy his overwhelming affections for this kid, particularly since we never saw them meet, or grow attached, or anything he was just suddenly there to be killed with all the affection already in place.

Third Merlin seems a bit too wise just to jump to the conclusion that Morgan killed him. I mean what evidence does he really have? Without understanding the affection I guess the knee jerk "You murderer!" reaction feels disingenuous...

And topping it all off, why even have that plot? Isn't what she did with Igraine and as Igraine enough to frustrate Merlin? She threw a wrench in his carefully constructed house of cards kingdom... why add the little boy into the mix at all other than to somehow make Morgan look bad which I look back to point one and actually end up feeling bad for her with Merlin accusing her of something that was an accident.

Okay... I feel better now, just had to get that off my chest...
Old 10-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

The kid's death WAS an accident. But Merlin had plenty reason to be pissed off with Morgan anyway. She really pissed me off framing Merlin and Igraine and deceiving the people. Particularly after deceiving everyone in Camelot the previous ep. Eva Green is very good at playing somebody being false, which she does well in Morgan's interactions with the people.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thing with the kid was a bit forced and very sentimental.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Morgan pissed me off so much pretending to be Igraine.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Morgan was devious and (probably) had a plan. Unfortunately the show was canceled before we could learn what it was.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Morgan probably had lots of plans. Many of them undoubtedly involving going around glaring psychopathically.

Last edited by sum1; 04-20-2012 at 01:34 PM
Old 04-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Having sex with the rest of her family maybe?
Old 04-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

lol!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

There isn't much left of it though.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe that's just as well.