Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The premiere was pretty good. The parts that I saw.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie (View Post)
No

The episode can and should be discussed without spoiler tags - both in this thread on the board. Thanks
thank you for that
Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethamgal (View Post)
oh no you didnt like it?
It's not that I didn't like it, it's that it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. But I have to rewatch the episode, I was half asleep when I watched it. I got up an hour earlier than usual to watch it.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

i just put it in spoilers cuz i posted rt after it showed and not everyone saw so i didn't want to spoil it for ppl but i can remove them if you think everyones seen the episode?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

If people don't want to get spoiled they don't come in here any way.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Soooo, I finally watched the episode myself! I gotta say, it was overall a great episode, but I´m not sure if I like what this might be leading up to. This whole Peter not fully trusting Neill, I don´t know. But we´ll see and I´m happy that WC is back
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've watched the premiere 3 times now. The first time I was upset by it somewhat so I didn't want to comment until I'd had a chance to re-watch and put things into perspective as it were.

I did enjoy it. I think it's great to have the show back and Tim and Matt did a great job. As did everyone else.

I think we are to expect a bumpy ride. Neal and Peter's relationship seems so fractured right now and that unsettles me. But the episode did set the tone for what I expected to come. Neal has some big choices to make, that's what Jeff, Matt and a lot of people and cast have been hinting at.

I enjoyed Matt's fencing, the 'Neals' with umbrellas, the re-introduction of June's grand daughter, El using her connections and going to the gallery to have the painting analysed and the short, but sweet Neal/Sara interaction.

I kind of felt like the episode mirrored what we saw back last season, with Peter and Diana and Mozzie and Neal working together respectively.

I'm excited and maybe a little nervous for the rest of the season. But it's a testament to the great writing and execution of this show, that I and so many others are so invested in this show and its characters. Neal and Peter may be on the outs, still playing cat and mouse against each other, but I'm still equally invested in them both.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Ok, I had some troubles with internet connection and needed to stay away from this board but... I finally watched it.

So.... I have mixed feelings about the premiere.

I kind of like this new storyline with Mozzie/Neal being at con again and doing the scheming. But it has its dark sides.

Mozzie - how I adore you. It is good to see you back, calling FBI suits, El Mrs Suit, having one-liners that are too die for. Mozzie being Mozzie is always good for this show, he brings the humour and all that jazz. It was a nice throwback to call him Haversham again Neal/Mozzie were as always a pleasure to watch together. The episode once again proved how they care about each other, how they know each other so well. The scene about regretting leaving all of this behind was one of the best for me, because through the episode I had this not a nice feeling that Mozzie is somehow pushing Neal and Neal deep down did not want this con, but the feeling wen away after this scene and I could enjoy their honesty with each other.

the honesty theme brings me to the minuses:

Neal/Peter - their dynamic is new and I don't like this. I know that Peter knows Neal better than anyone else and he is aware of what he is capable of so it is natural that he doesn't trust him. On the other hand it is very weird and uncomfortable for me to watch their relationship in this shape and I don't know if it makes the show better. We will see how it plays in the longrun. At this moment both, Peter and Neal, are iritating me. And It made me sad a little that Neal with such an ease lies to Peter, El and everyone.

Peter/El were a highlight being normal and cute as always.

Neal/El - I always enjoyed their banteder and it was sad to see Neal using El to get information. I guess these are the cost of this new storyline and all but one cannot enjoy everything Neal/Diana moments were gold! a little interaction but exacatly in their style. It was also good to see Jones. The crew was complete.

and last:

Neal/Sara - I still greatly enjoy the chemistry between these two but I think they jumped into this kind of relationship too fast. I adored Sara at the beginning, the kick-ass lady. But something changed after the Argentina trip. I don't know why, probably they rushed things with Neal/Sara just to have this sort of a triangle with the finale kiss between Neal and Alex but IMO that was a bad move. I hope Sara will have a purpose in this show other than to be Neal's love interest. A love interest that I don't even know how to treat and view. Neal, for me is not yet ready to be in a romantic relationship or anywhere near it, after Kate's death. And after the premiere, I can't get into them since Neal wanted to leave her behind. I get that it was his biggest con, his biggest achievement but he didn't even think about her. He was more urgent to say goodbye to June. But Sara, who?

I wonder if reintroducing June's granddaugher means we will see her more often.

I missed June in this epi.

But I am definitely looking forward to the next episodes.
on a shallow note: Hilarie you are amazing and beautiful. Matt loked weird.
And feel the sky on your hands
Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

The premiere did great in ratings - 4 million viewers

Quote:
White Collar and Covert Affairs returned last night and their season premieres were the most-watched on cable Tuesday.

At 9 p.m., the third season opener of White Collar drew 4 million total viewers, improving upon the Season 2 winter premiere in January. In the adult demographics, the Matt Bomer-Tim DeKay series performed well; in 18-49, 1.6 million tuned in and in 25-54, 1.7 million were lured.
Source
Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's wonderful! Glad to hear this!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by docent12 (View Post)
The premiere did great in ratings - 4 million viewers

Source
Thanks for posting this Agnes It's great to hear WC had a great reception .

Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Master Fan

Good to hear this. Definitely WC is the show that deserves this. For now ;P
And feel the sky on your hands
Old 06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

My thoughts on the ep:

While there were some parts I really enjoyed, I felt that the episode as a whole was a little underwhelming.

Neal/Peter: I, for one, am glad to see some tension in their relationship. The bromance is great and all, but at times in the past, I sort of forgot that Peter is FBI and Neal is a convicted felon. I'm glad that they are finally acknowledging that instead of glossing over it with humor. It definitely makes their dynamic more interesting to me. But i do enjoy their humorous side as well (loved their little smiles at each other and the whole severed tie thing).

Neal/Mozzie: I can't say that I enjoyed Mozzie in this episode. Normally, I love him, but there was just something a little off about the way he basically orchestrated the entire score, without really considering that Neal might not want to live that life anymore. Obviously, Neal seemed to be willing to leave everything behind, but there also seemed to be a part of him that wasn't a 100% on board with Mozzie's plan. I don't know, Mozzie was just a little pushy in the premiere.

I guess I found myself loving specific scenes in the premiere, rather than the premiere as a whole. I loved the Neal/El scene. They have an interesting rapport with each other that I always enjoy watching. I also enjoyed seeing Neal fence and that cute scene between Neal and Diana where she helps pick his tie. I hope to see more Neal/Diana in the future.

As for the lone Neal/Sara scene, I really enjoyed it. The chemistry was on point and I think they have some serious potential. I honestly don't think they're going too fast. After just one scene, we really don't know what direction their relationship is heading, so for me, it's impossible to judge what speed they're going at. I have no problem with them sleeping together - they are assertive, attractive adults and they are going to want to be physical with each other. I also don't mind that they've somewhat stripped some of Sara's "edginess". I think when we were first introduced to her, she had a serious vendetta against Neal, and she had an attitude because of it. But in the same episode, in scenes with Peter and even when she opened up to Neal on the roof, we saw that she did have a vulnerable side and there's nothing wrong with that. It's a wait and see type thing, but there's really no indication that she's going to lose her identity because she's involved with Neal. And I don't think she's changed that drastically over the course of her arc on the show. Now that she's a regular, we are bound to see different sides to her character. I can't wait to see what's next for her and for her relationship with Neal.

Last edited by Helena Manning; 06-10-2011 at 11:07 AM
Old 06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I finally had some time to rewatch the episode today. I thought it set the arc for the season really well with the angst between Peter and Neal and Neal's struggle between tha law and the con.
I pretty much agree with the above post ^
I found myself getting very upset with Mozzie throughout the episode. He didn't seem very considerate of Neal and everything he's been trying to build these past 2 years. And this is the second time he's implicated Neal in seomthing illegal (FAA tape) with Neal basically ending up taking the fall and backing him up.
Loved the change in dynamic with Neal and Peter. Last season they were basically saying I love you to each other before opening the sub and now they're struggling to stay one step ahead of each other.
Neal/Sara, Neal/Diana, Neal/El where all great as usual.

Thankfully the episode wasn't all dramatic. I loved the comic one-liners. The Kardashian joke was awesome.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe/hil/LP fan (View Post)
My thoughts on the ep:

While there were some parts I really enjoyed, I felt that the episode as a whole was a little underwhelming.

Neal/Peter: I, for one, am glad to see some tension in their relationship. The bromance is great and all, but at times in the past, I sort of forgot that Peter is FBI and Neal is a convicted felon. I'm glad that they are finally acknowledging that instead of glossing over it with humor. It definitely makes their dynamic more interesting to me. But i do enjoy their humorous side as well (loved their little smiles at each other and the whole severed tie thing).

Neal/Mozzie: I can't say that I enjoyed Mozzie in this episode. Normally, I love him, but there was just something a little off about the way he basically orchestrated the entire score, without really considering that Neal might not want to live that life anymore. Obviously, Neal seemed to be willing to leave everything behind, but there also seemed to be a part of him that wasn't a 100% on board with Mozzie's plan. I don't know, Mozzie was just a little pushy in the premiere.

I guess I found myself loving specific scenes in the premiere, rather than the premiere as a whole. I loved the Neal/El scene. They have an interesting rapport with each other that I always enjoy watching. I also enjoyed seeing Neal fence and that cute scene between Neal and Diana where she helps pick his tie. I hope to see more Neal/Diana in the future.

As for the lone Neal/Sara scene, I really enjoyed it. The chemistry was on point and I think they have some serious potential. I honestly don't think they're going too fast. After just one scene, we really don't know what direction their relationship is heading, so for me, it's impossible to judge what speed they're going at. I have no problem with them sleeping together - they are assertive, attractive adults and they are going to want to be physical with each other. I also don't mind that they've somewhat stripped some of Sara's "edginess". I think when we were first introduced to her, she had a serious vendetta against Neal, and she had an attitude because of it. But in the same episode, in scenes with Peter and even when she opened up to Neal on the roof, we saw that she did have a vulnerable side and there's nothing wrong with that. It's a wait and see type thing, but there's really no indication that she's going to lose her identity because she's involved with Neal. And I don't think she's changed that drastically over the course of her arc on the show. Now that she's a regular, we are bound to see different sides to her character. I can't wait to see what's next for her and for her relationship with Neal.
this post!

stalia
trice | tumblr