Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

He's been planning this all along, the sneaky bastard.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:51 AM
Moderator Manager

He is smart!!

Ohh next season we're getting both reunions and I'll be so happy
Old 09-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

This season has been the season of reunions, but this truly will be one of the more important ones we have yet to see and I'm so excited for it.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Moderator Manager

That is true... lots of great reunions this season
But Jon/Arya is the one I've been waiting since season 1, so it holds a special place in my heart I can't wait for them to meet again, and I really hope it will be a great one
Old 09-12-2017, 04:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

The fact that Needle is still her most important possession just says so much about how much they care and all I want is another jump hug.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:32 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Right?! There's got to be a jump hug
I was disappointed with Jon's lack of emotion when he found out that Arya was alive and well in WF, so I want a scene to make up for that next season
Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
^ Right?! There's got to be a jump hug
I was disappointed with Jon's lack of emotion when he found out that Arya was alive and well in WF, so I want a scene to make up for that next season
The best explanation for the lack of reaction I found around was that at the time of the letter he was still a bit wary of D, and overall the southern politics around the iron throne, so he tried to hide something that might have been used against him (his deep love for his family).

Orrr it was only lazy writing a recurring theme in the season to be honest

Icon
Old 09-19-2017, 06:50 AM
Moderator Manager

^ yeah... IDK, I'll wait for their actually reunion to decide about the writing
Old 09-21-2017, 11:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I feel like I mentioned this before somewhere, it might even have been this thread. But I totally understood why Jon was like that, it's something you often see with people who have been through trauma and hard things, like Jon. Things just get harder to process, especially just a piece of paper telling you your siblings are still alive. Can you really afford to feel happiness for that, especially when you think back to what happened with Rickon? Plus he's on "enemy" ground at that point.

I don't think you can just take parts of a story you don't understand or like, and go blame it on the writing. Especially with this show, I think they've done their best in making the characters as realistic as possible. Just because you don't agree with the character's choices or how they should feel in that moment, doesn't mean it's about the writing. We have never been in the situation Jon is in at the moment, so I don't think you can go "Oh, he should've reacted like that." But maybe that's just me.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I understand those reasons But still it was disappointing

To me I feel like the writing has been not so good since season 6 doesn't mean I think it's the worst, but it's not as good as it had been before, and it's not only because of one scene or one character development that I feel that.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I feel like I mentioned this before somewhere, it might even have been this thread. But I totally understood why Jon was like that, it's something you often see with people who have been through trauma and hard things, like Jon. Things just get harder to process, especially just a piece of paper telling you your siblings are still alive. Can you really afford to feel happiness for that, especially when you think back to what happened with Rickon? Plus he's on "enemy" ground at that point.
I don't think you can just take parts of a story you don't understand or like, and go blame it on the writing. Especially with this show, I think they've done their best in making the characters as realistic as possible. Just because you don't agree with the character's choices or how they should feel in that moment, doesn't mean it's about the writing. We have never been in the situation Jon is in at the moment, so I don't think you can go "Oh, he should've reacted like that." But maybe that's just me.
I didn't discuss it further to keep things in topic...but anyway..
I think the writing is generally getting worst and worst since they've stopped having the books as a reference.
Sometimes the characters have still some great lines and conversations that are exactly what keeps me watching (also I want to know how this ends).
Overall character's arc got worst.
This season they left the viewers presuming a lot of stuff because they didn't have time/didn't care to show us properly.

The scene we were talking about felt really flat.
Daenerys, bless her, was happier than he was...and it took them 3 seconds to show us she was happy for him. I can't believe he didn't have the time for a cute small smile, to be honest.

Even the explaination you provided, falls under the category of hinting but not showing properly I was talking about before to be honest.

We are left presuming Jon's Snow emotions/thoughts in that moment because it was fast and unclear.
Since people were expecting this moment since season 1, I can see why they are pissed.

Icon
Old 09-26-2017, 06:36 AM
Moderator Manager

I just want them to meet

x
Old 09-29-2017, 11:11 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Ugh, that looks so stunning.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Moderator Manager

I can only imagine all the pretty graphics we'll get once they actually reunite again
Old 10-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

All the parallels, all the hug graphics... All the Stark quotes