Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2019, 12:20 PM
Supreme Fan

A moment for the OP .

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-19-2019, 12:27 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I'll add it Can you just give me a link of the credit?
Also, if there is a gifset of the scene I can add it too
Old 05-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Link: https://66.media.tumblr.com/18a78286...do5_r1_540.gif

Poster: jaimelannistecr (tumblr)

Here's the gifset:

Love how they both just went at each other .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Not out of the realm of possibility. They were together at least a month ... and it's clear they were definitely NOT celibate .

That would be one way to salvage what's left of this show. Especially of at least one of my OTPs.
I hope they will...and I would love for Tyrion to be there for Jaime's child/children they showed us he really gets along well with Brienne. Crazier things have happened.

Icon
Old 05-19-2019, 03:36 PM
Graphics Team

So you guys are thinking she might end up being pregnant now with his child?
I wouldn't mind actually if that happened.

Quote:
ETA: After reviewing the "goodbye" scene, it's clear that Jaime was lying to her. In every scene, he's able to look her in the eye when he means what he says. In the last scene where he's trying to convince her (and himself) that he's hateful, he can't even look her in the eye. Clearly he didn't believe it.
I think this too ^
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-19-2019, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

That was a nice touch. What she did at the end.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

She didn't let the ink dry before closing the book. I hope it doesn't smudge
Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 PM
Supreme Fan

I like that she was able to give him the hero's ending because she saw his good deeds when nobody else did, saw the good that he did. You can see the contentment on her face -- she knew he loved her and what they shared was real.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-25-2019, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I like that she was able to give him the hero's ending because she saw his good deeds when nobody else did, saw the good that he did. You can see the contentment on her face -- she knew he loved her and what they shared was real.

This exactly, I was disappointed mostly because we didn't get to see them happy more than one episode since it was so rushed, but oh well it's still the best written love story of the show. Also Tyrion, he went through all the shipping phase in the span of 2 episodes : JB , JC anf finally the Lannisters! I would have loved just one scene with Brienne and Tyrion reminiscing Jamie. JUST ONE.

Brienne of Tarth, Knight of Westeros, Queen of Memes

Quote:

The actress Gwendoline Christie, who played Brienne on “Game of Thrones,” talked about the heartbreak of the final season and the joys of having creative fans.

By Jennifer Vineyard

When Ser Brienne of Tarth was made the first lady knight in the history of Westeros, it was among the few undisputed cheer-worthy moments for “Game of Thrones” fans, and the internet meme factory responded accordingly.

But it was a much quieter moment in the series finale that signaled she had truly broken the glass ceiling: writing Jaime Lannister’s entry in the Book of Brothers, which meant she had been made Lord Commander of King Bran’s Kingsguard. It also meant more memes.

“I thought it was truly fantastic that we see a woman be made Commander of the Kingsguard,” said Gwendoline Christie, who played Brienne. “I was delighted at the alternative to gender norms, about what that said.”

During a brief phone call from London, where she was rehearsing a stage production of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Christie spoke on Thursday about the heartbreak her character endured and about the fan response. These are edited excerpts from that conversation.

Brienne had one of the most satisfying character arcs this season. While there was heartbreak, there were also moments of pure joy, such as the knighting ceremony. Brienne’s smile was priceless.

I was very aware that Brienne hadn’t smiled throughout the series. And in the books, she doesn’t smile. I took that as a note, but I also wondered, When does she smile? Because whenever it does happen, it would be incredibly significant. So I monitored that each season. By the time we got to the final season, I wondered if this would be the season that this moment would occur? And it did.

It exists on different levels for me, because Brienne’s receiving something she wanted but that she was prepared to never get. She was prepared to live a life without that, so she existed as a knight on her own terms. It was an impossible dream. So I was delighted for this character, this unconventional woman achieving her dreams, and you know, also overcoming the patriarchy. And [the director David Nutter] got the crew to applaud during that scene, as well. I felt really surrounded and supported by friends, and it felt like a personal achievement for me as an actor as well. It felt like acceptance for me, too.

Regarding the dismantling of the patriarchy, it’s interesting that the finale episode — which features so much language about choice — aired in a week when women’s reproductive rights were curtailed in places like Alabama and Georgia.

What “Game of Thrones” has done so effectively is hold a mirror up to life, showing us the structures that are very familiar within our power systems. I think it’s essential that we see those kinds of things in our entertainment because in my opinion, we live in a developing world. And as humans, hopefully we live in an evolving state, whereby we will have freedom of choice, we will have autonomy, and hopefully there will be a balance between the sexes, there will be equality. These things still don’t exist in our world, and I can’t see any reason for them not to.

Fans debated Brienne’s story line this season because some people thought it diminished her to pine over a guy. But if she’s going to be a fully fleshed out character, shouldn’t she have both a career path and a love life?

I agree wholeheartedly with that. What I loved about Brienne’s story line this season, she not only gains some acknowledgment of her achievements, but she also manages to have a life as a human being. She manages to explore her own emotions and enter a new world. She never had a sexual experience before, and she chooses that. It’s clear in the scene that it’s her choice because there is a pause and then she chooses to initiate. Her consent is very clear.

I was pleased that we’ve seen her this way, and it was interesting to get to play that arc. She has physical strength, she has moral strength, and those two things are fantastic, but what we really want to see is a representation of a human, of a woman. And people want to love. They want to feel love. And that can often end not the way you want it to.

David Nutter mentioned that when you were shooting the rejection scene, he instructed Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime, to say something that wasn’t scripted, “I don’t love you anymore,” in order to surprise you.

I prepared for that scene from the second I received the scripts. I went for a long walk after I read the script because I was so incredibly upset by the scene where Jaime leaves, because of the hurt I knew Brienne would feel. As cliché or as soppy as it sounds, you want the best for your character. You don’t like to see them in pain. And I knew how important it would be to inhabit that emotion, and more important, to inhabit that relationship in that moment.

So I prepared lots of different possible outcomes and worked with David Nutter on that, too. He got Nikolaj to say a lot of different things to me, and he got me to say a lot of different things to Nikolaj, so I’m not sure exactly which unscripted comment triggered that reaction. But I think the way I processed it was, the stakes are that Brienne has chosen this sexual experience, and from that, she feels a very deep love. She’s exposed herself, she’s made herself as vulnerable as she possibly could do, and that’s all dissolved. She feels destroyed.

She has probably never experienced that specific kind of rejection before.

It’s extreme, as it is for any of us, the first time we experience rejection from someone we love. And it’s not just that. It’s the dissolving of a relationship that has gone on for years. They’ve seen parts of each other that no one else ever has. So all of that is like a building crushing her down in that moment. It was never just about the sex or the love. It was about the entirety of the relationship being ripped away in that moment.

That was also my last day filming in Belfast on the Winterfell set, and that was deeply emotional as I looked around at the crew. People that I wouldn’t get to see every day anymore. It was painful for me, too. I’ve been incredibly lucky to play this part, and it’s been deeply emotional to come to the end of this journey with a character who has transformed my life. I have thoroughly enjoyed having seven years to explore who a character is, and it’s just quite overwhelming to realize that these are the final throes of your character, and also to see a different side of your character. It’s delightful. It’s surprising. And you’re aware that you need to play the arc incredibly well.

Have you had a much of a chance to see the reaction to Brienne’s final scene? There’s this meme regarding Brienne writing Jaime’s entry in the Kingsguard’s Book of Brothers, and fans have been coming up with alternative versions for what she writes.

I was extremely surprised! My friend [and stylist] Mel Ottenberg has been sending me a few, and another friend has been sending them as well, so I’ve been getting a steady stream of them. I have to admit, I found it a real hoot! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed them, particularly people who feel quite a strong reaction in those memes about Jaime Lannister! Especially because I didn’t expect anyone to pay any attention to that scene whatsoever.

And I’m delighted that it’s inspired people to be quite so creative, and to be angry on Brienne’s behalf. I sent one of the memes to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and he said, “You made that up yourself.” [Laughs]

Which one?

One of the slightly rude ones. Something like, “We talked about his ex all night. Weird guy.” I just thought that was so truly hilarious! Even if Brienne was able to reach a different stage to write what she did, people are still angry on her behalf. It just shows how much people have taken that character to heart, how invested they became in her. As an actor, you really can’t ask for more.
I loved this interview, especially when she mentionned the meme

Last edited by b4dark; 05-25-2019 at 01:54 AM
Old 05-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Interesting that they had HER say stuff to Nik in order for him to react as well. They both played that scene so well ... I was heartbroken. Found something on tumblr that I wished had played out on the show .......

How 8x05 could have gone, and then 8x06 could have shown Tyrion and Brienne talking about Jaime, what Jaime told him to tell her.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-25-2019, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This version is way better: that is all people wanted, some closure. The fact that Brienne wasn't mentionned in this convo when Tyrion knew everything that happened in WF was just weird.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Wondering if we will get something significant in the bonus features ... perhaps, deleted scenes, etc.

Tyrion would at least have asked his brother about Brienne, since Jaime made it quite clear he was happy with her. The change in Jaime's character development (complete regression), makes no sense unless he was trying to protect Brienne from Cersei. In which case, Brienne's final line under his name makes sense: he died protecting his queen, at least the queen of his heart: Brienne.

My headcanon.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-14-2019, 11:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

It was just brought to my attention that Brienne last scene ❤ originally had wedding 🎶music. A hint of what they future would have been.
https://www.insider.com/game-of-thro...d-jaime-2019-6

Same artcle, different link:
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/ga...ng-1202149660/
Old 06-15-2019, 12:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Wondering if we will get something significant in the bonus features ... perhaps, deleted scenes, etc.

Tyrion would at least have asked his brother about Brienne, since Jaime made it quite clear he was happy with her. The change in Jaime's character development (complete regression), makes no sense unless he was trying to protect Brienne from Cersei. In which case, Brienne's final line under his name makes sense: he died protecting his queen, at least the queen of his heart: Brienne.

My headcanon.

I think that's possible. A guy on Twitter stated that originally Cersei didn't send Bron to Winter fell to kill Tyrion,and Jamie. Originally (he claimed it was in the original script) she sent Bron to Winter fell to kill Brienne . Cersei hate s Brienne. Cersei hated any girl who gets close to Jamie.