Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

@*Chicky* wow those gifs are beautiful and your friend's post made me sad because who knows when Brienne will be able to look at Jaime like that again. Damn D&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
^ At least they got most of the J/B scenes right. Which baffles me as to why they don't seem to be able to handle the rest of the Jaime's scenes (and some of Brienne's solo scenes, even though I still enjoy her show incarnation so far) just as well... maybe they just really like the relationship but aren't interested in Jaime as a character.
But yeah, if you watch the scenes in separation from anything else you can at least enjoy the pretty (while tightly holding onto your copies of the books)
Yeah I'm so so thankful that as a pair they do Jaime and Brienne's scenes justice. But like you I am so confused as to why they can't do the same for their individual arcs, I mean it's not hard. Who knows what goes on in D&D's peabrains. They have already ruined Jaime and now I'm worried about what they have planned for Brienne. I just want to continue to see a softer side to Brienne instead of Brienne the hard badass who is annoyed by Pod 24/7, is that too much to ask?

Alex Graves isn't going to be involved in GoT for S5 so I don't think he really knows what's going to happen next season.

Oh btw some sites are predicting that TWOW won't be released until 2017
If that's true, the tv series will be done by then. Uh oh. Part of me wants to quit the show and just wait for the books but another part of me is just so curious about how the show will end. So conflicted.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Loyal Fan

^ 2017? I hope it's not true, I'm afraid I might end up feeling disconnected from the series by then. I already kinda was in 2010 when there was still no sign of the new book, but then both the show and ADWD rekindled my interest. But such a long wait is honestly really stressful.
I'm unsure what to do about the show as well, but I feel I'm going to get spoiled anyway. On Tumblr I can always blacklist but on facebook and everywhere else it's basically unavoidable.
Alex Graves not being involved in S5 is good news, as far as I'm concerned. (now can D&D go as well and Cogman take charge of everything? )

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Old 07-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

^ 2017 ?? BUT, NO ! NO WAY !
If it is true, I'll quit the show. I'm one of those mountain shepherds who are not on Facebook, so that's fine. But it can't be 2017, I'll be almost 26 by then, and most likely very busy with my studies . Where's the source ?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

^ This is the site I read it from: Winds of Winter release date: George RR Martin's next book set for 2017 release?

It's just a prediction but it seems pretty convincing to me. I liked the spring 2015 prediction better of course. lol. But we'll see.

Quote:
^ 2017? I hope it's not true, I'm afraid I might end up feeling disconnected from the series by then. I already kinda was in 2010 when there was still no sign of the new book, but then both the show and ADWD rekindled my interest. But such a long wait is honestly really stressful.
I'm unsure what to do about the show as well, but I feel I'm going to get spoiled anyway. On Tumblr I can always blacklist but on facebook and everywhere else it's basically unavoidable.
TBH, I hope I lose interest by the time the show or books end. That way it will be less painful and stressful. Like casually finding out what happened/spoilers and be like "oh that's nice" or "oh that's too bad" and just go on with my day without giving it another thought. Of course that's just wishful thinking because right now I am no where near that point of not caring.

Quote:
Alex Graves not being involved in S5 is good news, as far as I'm concerned. (now can D&D go as well and Cogman take charge of everything? )
Yeah Alex Graves needed to step away. The article I read said he was going to take a break from Game of Thrones in S5 but I hope that doesn't mean he'll be back for the last two seasons. UGH I wish D&D would step down but yeah right lol like they would. This is their cash cow. Bryan Cogman taking over would be a dream come true but of course that's not going to happen and for now we have to deal with and suffer through D&D's fanfiction.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

^Thanks for the link ! But I still don't want to believe we'll have to wait two more years to find out what happens to Jaime and Brienne .

It better be worth the patience .
Old 07-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't mind spoilers at all. Even now, if GRRM or D&D ask me if I want to know the ending, I would said yes without hesitation. So, If the show spoils the ending, I wouldn't mind. Althought, I think that the show will miss a lot of details that will be present on the books.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I went to Westeros, first I'm surprise at how many crackpots I found there, and secondly most seem to think Brienne will die early in TWOW, it's even more popular than Jaime's death.
I'm so scared right now, I don't want any of them to die so soon, nor like that, they have to make it until the last book dammit .

Alright, if GRRM turned up at my door right now I would beg him to tell me everything about their encounter with LS, all of this is simply unbearable, I'm tired of pacing like a lion in a cage .

Last edited by WootWoot; 07-05-2014 at 10:40 AM
Old 07-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootWoot (View Post)
I went to Westeros, first I'm surprise at how many crackpots I found there, and secondly most seem to think Brienne will die early in TWOW, it's even more popular than Jaime's death.
I'm so scared right now, I don't want any of them to die do soon, nor like that, they have to make it until the last book dammit .

Alright, if GRRM turned up at my door right now I would beg him to tell me everything about their encounter with LS, all of this is simply unbearable, I'm tired of pacing like a lion in a cage .
Westeros has many crackpots theories, but also has great ones. Some posters are brillant, but none of the posters that I respect says that Brienne dies early in TWOW.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

^I hope you're right, those posters as well .

Us longing for TWOW :

Old 07-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootWoot (View Post)
^ 2017 ?? BUT, NO ! NO WAY !
If it is true, I'll quit the show. I'm one of those mountain shepherds who are not on Facebook, so that's fine. But it can't be 2017, I'll be almost 26 by then, and most likely very busy with my studies . Where's the source ?
If this is true, then there won't be any reason to quit the show. Because no way will GRRM live long enough to finish the series.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerOfCarnage (View Post)
^ This is the site I read it from: Winds of Winter release date: George RR Martin's next book set for 2017 release?

It's just a prediction but it seems pretty convincing to me. I liked the spring 2015 prediction better of course. lol. But we'll see.
I wonder how some readers were able to wait for 5 to 6 years for GRRM to publish a book. I don't think I can do it. But 2017 seems plausible, I read GRRM's blog entry about ADWD and there was a year (in 2008) when he only submitted about 100 pages to his publisher..

Quote:
Alex Graves not being involved in S5 is good news, as far as I'm concerned.
I read that they hired another Breaking Bad director to direct the first two Season 5 episodes. I hope he will ask tips from Michelle McLaren

Speaking of Michelle, guys do you want to add Michelle Fairley as honorary shipper? She was all giddy in the Season 2 commentary about Jaime and Brienne. (x) And Pedro Pascal too he posted that he loved Jaime and Brienne's deep bond for each other in his reddit AMA (x)

Last edited by blatfink; 07-05-2014 at 07:20 PM
Old 07-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

^ I can add her if everyone agrees, I think she fits right in.
Now I'm getting really nervous about this 2017 release thing... seems possible, indeed.

Tumblr

Old 07-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
^ I can add her if everyone agrees, I think she fits right in.
Now I'm getting really nervous about this 2017 release thing... seems possible, indeed.
It is fine with me.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yup. I think Michelle should be added. Loved her and Nik's commentary on J/B and when she said that there's a thin line between love and hate when describing them lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)
Althought, I think that the show will miss a lot of details that will be present on the books.
And that is exactly why I want to quit the show and just wait for the books. Easier said than done though because I do love show Brienne and am a Gwen Christie fan. Like GRRM said, D&D are killing off characters that are still alive in the books and will play bigger roles later on so sometimes I wonder if they will actually do George's ending or make up their own.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Added.
Yeah, FlowerOfCarnage, I think some major aspects of the ending might change. I don't even know what to hope for at this point, on one hand I don't want to get spoiled so I hope they go for their own fanfiction ending, on the other hand I agree with IceKat that if the release date for TWOW is truly 2017 there's a big chance we won't get an ending for the book series at all, so it'd be good for the show ending to be as close as possible to the book one.
I wish Martin would just say something. I don't need a release date, but just something like "I'm nearly done with the book", or "I'm half done" so we'd know what to expect. I know you can't write at command, I'm ok with him taking his time to a point, but I think it'd be respectful towards his readers not to keep everything always so indefinite.

Tumblr