Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Loyal Fan

So many titles to choose from. The book quote about Jaime's unbidden thoughts sounds good to me as well.
Yeah, I didn't vote for Grave's one exactly for the same reason... I haven't quite forgiven him just yet. It's a shame because several good quotes came from him, but still. :-/

Here's the full Nik's interview:

I love how he teases Gwen. Interesting reply about Cersei as well. My general feeling is we'll get some back and forth with them next season as well, but is it me or he is particularly keen on avoiding answers, this year? I'm not sure if I should be excited or afraid (probably afraid. )

ETA: sorry blatfink, I had missed the link to the full interview in your post!

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Old 08-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'll go with the 'unbidden' quote too because yay for book content!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
Yeah, I didn't vote for Grave's one exactly for the same reason... I haven't quite forgiven him just yet. It's a shame because several good quotes came from him, but still. :-/
I agree and the worst part is that some people use the fact that he said those quotes...they use it against J/B and as proof that J/B isn't happening because since he misinterpreted some other things means he also has misinterpreted J/B's relationship and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Quote:
I love how he teases Gwen. Interesting reply about Cersei as well. My general feeling is we'll get some back and forth with them next season as well,
He said that Jaime is trying to please her which means he's obviously going to feel guilty over Tywin's death and see that Cersei was right all along about Tyrion. So he's going to try to make it up to her by trying to please her.
Spoiler:
I hate that because they are continuing to go backwards with Jaime's character development. He's back to being Cersei's lackey. Hopefully this only lasts early on in the season which I think it will and the break up will come later.

Quote:
but is it me or he is particularly keen on avoiding answers, this year? I'm not sure if I should be excited or afraid (probably afraid. )
No he is. But the fact that he's acting like J/B will never meet again speaks volumes to me. I'm more afraid than excited tbh. I'm preparing myself for disappointment. It's D&D's fault.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerOfCarnage (View Post)
Hopefully this only lasts early on in the season which I think it will and the break up will come later.

No he is. But the fact that he's acting like J/B will never meet again speaks volumes to me. I'm more afraid than excited tbh. I'm preparing myself for disappointment. It's D&D's fault.
At least we are entering the season with low expectations, which will be good for our mental health, come april... season 3 was too good for JB and it ruined us.

Yeah, I hope Jaime's attempts to please Cersei will only be a matter of a couple of episodes, above all considering

Spoiler:

Still, it would have been much better to stick to the books and not have him so wishy washy. I get that he obesses over Cersei in Feast as well, as is understandable, but his actions are always straightforward there. Maybe the whole point of this back and forth is that they needed to get him to Dorne for plot reasons, but yeah, doesn't really make sense from a characterization perspective.
(but then again, given the whole Tyrion and Shae mess, I'd say the writers don't really care about being consistent in characterization as long as they get to the same destination as the books. Oh well. )

Tumblr

Old 08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
At least we are entering the season with low expectations, which will be good for our mental health, come april... season 3 was too good for JB and it ruined us.

Yeah, I hope Jaime's attempts to please Cersei will only be a matter of a couple of episodes, above all considering
Spoiler:

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)
Spoiler:
I think

Spoiler:

Tumblr

Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerOfCarnage (View Post)
I'll go with the 'unbidden' quote too because yay for book content!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Great, so we have a title, now let's kill this.

(valar morghulis)
I'm in love with Jaime's expression when he says "I trust you". One of the best scenes (and boy, we have many to choose from)

Tumblr

Old 08-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Kill it with fire?
Old 08-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Great, so we have a title, now let's kill this.

(valar morghulis)
I'm in love with Jaime's expression when he says "I trust you". One of the best scenes (and boy, we have many to choose from)
We ever use I trust you as a thread title?, because we should someday.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Saw this and loved it:

Jaime S C R A M B L E D TO HIS FEET. "M Y LADY. I had not
thought to see you again so soon.” Gods be good, she looks ten
years older than when I saw her last. And what’s happened to
her face? “That bandage … you’ve been wounded …” -Jaime I,
A Dance with Dragons

source: wilderinside
Old 08-29-2014, 11:56 AM
New Fan

That would be a lovely title too... next time. Jaime scrambling to his feet.

I wish we would see that scene in Season 5. I don't think I can live with J/B away from each other for one more season.

Check out this Finn Jones interview guys. I guess this might ease our fears for season 5. He said he just read episode 10 and it was soo good he threw the script across the room. He said we're going to freak out and it is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ceaXeKZuYI
Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so so curious now. I didn't want to get my hopes up and instead I always fall in that trap, uuuugh. What is going to happen? (I so feel like an unsullied. )
Lovely graphic, Chicky. That scene.

Tumblr

Old 08-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Chicky* (View Post)
Saw this and loved it:

Jaime S C R A M B L E D TO HIS FEET. "M Y LADY. I had not
thought to see you again so soon.” Gods be good, she looks ten
years older than when I saw her last. And what’s happened to
her face? “That bandage … you’ve been wounded …” -Jaime I,
A Dance with Dragons

source: wilderinside
Im reading the spanish's translation of ADWD and it doesn't mention that Jaime scrambled to his feet when he saw Brienne. Is just criminal.
I think that finn must be refering to

Spoiler:

Old 08-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)
Im reading the spanish's translation of ADWD and it doesn't mention that Jaime scrambled to his feet when he saw Brienne. Is just criminal.
Nooooooo! That's awful!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:45 PM
New Fan

That's classic JB and should have been included and translated in all languages!

I'm curious, how about 'I dreamed of you?' Was that included in the Spanish translation?