Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Wench & Kingslayer {Brienne♥Jaime} #31: "A guy doesn't just give a girl his sword because he wants to be her BFF."

Welcome to the 31st
Wench & Kingslayer

Jaime Brienne

appreciation thread

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

“You want her? Go get her.”

So he did.

He put his good hand on the marble rail and vaulted over, rolling as he hit the sand. The bear turned at the thump, sniffing, watching this new intruder warily. Jaime scrambled to one knee. Well, what in seven hells do I do now? He filled his fist with sand. “Kingslayer?” he heard Brienne say, astonished.

“Jaime.” He uncoiled, flinging the sand at the bear’s face. The bear mauled the air and roared like blazes.

“What are you doing here?”

“Something stupid. Get behind me.”

Shippers
  1. lunas_borednow
  2. lisagslack14
  3. fresley4ever
  4. Vanora
  5. ~*Echo*~
  6. flagpolesitta43
  7. IslandBeachBum
  8. iram
  9. BoxingKangaroo
  10. hlgreenie
  11. jenny05
  12. afeverpitch
  13. AndLoveYelledNO
  14. Sansa
  15. Albion1919
  16. madbunny911
  17. IceKat055
  18. FumblingTowardsEcstasy
  19. karmabelle
  20. .: DoDs:.
  21. Liia
  22. MademoisellePaulina
  23. StellaSlight
  24. Plucky Sidekick
  25. Amorith
  26. ElenaDamonForev
  27. LittleLoLo
  28. ABoleyn1230
  29. Black_Betty
  30. The Kender
  31. Ally88
  32. Currawong
  33. ♥EclipseOfTime♥
  34. JRBudgrl8
  35. ina_am
  36. Niniel
  37. Josie2288
  38. MagnoliaFairy
  39. alors
  40. DreamOn777
  41. poehler-bear
  42. zimona
  43. nicholai
  44. *Chicky*
  45. Angstfan
  46. AlwaysCB
  47. | Sofia |
  48. vortex
  49. lauratillnoon
  50. Annie1
  51. x0x0gossipgirl
  52. NOLA504
  53. Regulus-Fan
  54. bbroccs
  55. DanceWithLife
  56. Lutesse
  57. theultimateawesome
  58. ღfaithfully
  59. Carribean blue
  60. ~Cydonia~
  61. Rosslyn
  62. Fall Out Girl <3
  63. Wes&FredFan
  64. baelfire24
  65. WonderlandGabby
  66. forever yours
  67. calls me home
  68. AlineWild
  69. starshine7
  70. huddy88
  71. Katherine.Gold
  72. *~Sophia~*
  73. bitobsessive
  74. FlowerOfCarnage
  75. WootWoot
  76. violasghost
  77. albion_princess
  78. keroppi
  79. sourburst
  80. Collins
  81. Regulus-Fan
  82. drunkalice
  83. Aphrodites
  84. rpmaluki
  85. holding my heart
  86. science girlfriend
  87. Theranna
  88. PartOfTheSound
  89. **confessa
  90. blatfink
Honorary Shippers
  1. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
  2. Gwendoline Christie
  3. Alfie Allen
  4. Bart the Bear II
  5. Hannah Murray
  6. Michelle MacLaren
  7. Bryan Cogman
  8. Michelle Fairley

George RR Martin ”said what he wanted to do was to take the traditional format of Beauty and the Beast and change the roles — and also the genders. That really excited me.” - Gwendoline Christie

Favourite Bookquotes

You want her? Go get her."
So he did.

"Her name is Brienne," Jamie said. "Brienne, the maid of Tarth. You are still maiden, I hope?" Her broad homely face turned red. "Yes." "Oh good," Jamie said. "I only rescue maidens."

"Ser Jaime?..."I am grateful, but...you were well away. Why come back?"
A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jamie only shrugged.
"I dreamed of you", he said.

The unforgettable Harrenhal Bathhouse scene;
"Has my tale turned you speechles? Come, kiss me or curse me or call me a liar" ...
Her arm was all gooseflesh, clammy and chilled, but she was strong, and gentler than he would have thought. Gentler than Cersei, he thought as she helped him from the tub, his legs wobbly as a limp ****.
"Guards!" he heard the wench shout. "The Kingslayer!" Jamie, he thought, my name is Jamie.

And when Brienne learns of the Red Wedding, Jaime thinks "she looks so miserable he found himself almost wanting to comfort her."

In this light, she could almost be a beauty.

"Blue is a good color on you, my lady,” Jaime observed. “It goes well with your eyes." She does have astonishing eyes.

“Jaime, what are you doing?”
“Dying.”
“No, no, you must live.”
“Stop telling me what do, wench. I’ll die if it pleases me.”
“Are you so craven?”
“What else can I do, but die?”
“Live. Live, and fight, and take revenge.”

"SAPPHIRES!"

"The swords kissed and sprang apart and kissed again.
Jaime’s blood was singing. This was what he was meant for; he never felt so alive as when he was fighting, with death balanced on every stroke."

FULL LIST of all Jaime/Brienne moments/quotes/thoughts here

Future Thread Titles
Because during their first conversation he asked her to take off her pants.
Because their sword fight was the hottest sex scene.
Because they have the best bath scenes.
Because he wants her to make an honest man out of him.
Because he told her all his secrets.
“You are speaking of a highborn lady, ser. Call her by her name. Call her Brienne.”
Because they are cliff divers
Because they need to know what love really is before getting mercilessly squished by GRRM
Because even the screen can't resist their chemistry
Because they’ve already been naked together
Because they dream of each other
Because he thinks "She bleats like a bloody sheep."
Because really anyone who is THAT interested in your sex life has to want to be part of it.
Because she can make him shut up.
Because in the end, it will be Brienne still standing by Jaime
Because Bear Pit.
Because some men like a challenge.
Because he found himself that violent woman.
Because he wants to get inside big Brienne.
Some of them tried; Jaime will succeed.
"He’s never encountered anyone like this; she keeps surprising him at every turn" B.Cogman
Because some boys like challenges.
Because Brienne is his only light in the dark.
"So he drives her crazy." - Nik
"GC is just amazing and we had a lot fun together" - Nik
"And it was very important that we got along and we really did." - Nik
"When he meets Brienne the first time, he's never seen anyone like that." - Nik
"It's kinda the beginning of a remarkable relationship." - Nik
"She’s starts to find out more about... — attachment to someone else." - Gwen
"You kept hitting me on the ass with your sword, and I thought it was inappropriate." - Gwen
"There's something about her that he uniquely identifies with." - Nik
"They also have some of the series' best chemistry." - zap2it.com
"[Jaime] takes a shine to his guard Brienne." - Nik
Their journey is "about the inner beauty of someone & how that can translate across physical odds" - Gwen
Once again, Jaime and Brienne’s slowly warming relationship stole the show on Game of Thrones.
"She gives him some 'tough love', that he needs." - DB Weiss
"It is a love story of sorts, not a conventional one by any means..." Bryan Cogman
"There’s definitely a… I don’t know how to put it—a tension, a sensuality that isn’t necessarily on the page.” - Bryan Cogman
"Brienne is able to recognize the humanity in Jaime, when no one else in the world would." - Bryan Cogman
"If I had to pick one thing that's most significant of change I would say that it would have to be Brienne of Tarth" - Nik
"Jaime's intercession in the bear pit was simply payment in kind, saving Brienne's life as surely as she saved his soul."
“Turns out she is his equal, she’s amazing.” - Nik
I want to see more of Jaime and Brienne, they're brilliant." - Alfie Allen
"Brienne really stripped Jaime down this season. He got to reveal who he was in front of her." - ah
"I think Brienne is — it means more to him than he even begins to understand." - NCW
I think meeting Brienne might be more significant than losing his hand in terms of his growth- NCW
it’s a kindred spirit I guess. I’m very curious to see what happens with these two later on-NCW
he promises he will take care of the vow [to Catelyn Stark].And yet, he can’t just leave her-NCW
"so many things have happened between these two people that neither one of them are really aware of what that is"-NCW
"I’m not sure he’d be able to put it into words, but he puts it into action."- NCW
Jaime "risks everything for this woman." - NCW
"She's trying to remind him of the man that she knows he truly is and has in her mind become, as opposed to the man he was before." -GC
"...and he found in Brienne a soul mate that he’ll never recover from." - Alex Graves
"I'll find her. For Catelyn. And for you." - Brienne
"...then Brienne is everything that is good about him." - zap2it
"...in "Oathkeeper" Jaime proves his love for Brienne in the best ways he knows how." - zap2it

Almost a knight, Almost a beauty;
A J/B Fanmix Vol. 2

credit Angstfan

Fanfiction Recommendations

Ten Years After- PG - Spoilers: Book 5
Like Joan of Arc - PG-13 - Spoilers: Book 3
The Lioness Ascendant - PG-13 - Spoilers: Book 4
At the Close of a Winter Day - PG-13 - Spoilers: Book 4
Remember Spring Swaps Snow for Leaves - PG-13 - Spoilers Book 5
No Pink Dresses - R - Spoilers: Book 3
For Honor's Sake - R - Spoilers: Book 4
Waiting For The Still That Will Follow - R - Spoilers: Book 3
Blessed Be Jubilation - R - Spoilers: Book 4
Lions for Lambs - R - Spoilers: Book 3
Come into My Castle - R - Spoilers: Book 4
*R's might occasionally cross into NC-17 sorry if that traumatizes anyone.

Icons

credit ~Cydonia~

Recent Moments

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima

Last edited by Plucky Sidekick; 07-07-2014 at 02:29 AM
Old 06-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Haha...good thing I checked the board before I posted #31.

TYFTNT
Old 06-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Chicky* (View Post)
Haha...good thing I checked the board before I posted #31.

TYFTNT
Ooops, we went at it at the same time. You're welcome.

Tumblr

Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
Except that James Hibberd says he also heard it elsewhere. And it's difficult to imagine them so boldly discussing the topic (or using it in the title of the article) if there was any chance she was still in.
That is true, but I had seen this kind of negation and later the character shows up in other shows. So I just will wait for WIC's or Westeros's confirmation.
I said it before: Im in Krusty will come's camp.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT !

About LS, don't you think that maybe
Spoiler:

Because no LS... Are they mad ? Didn't they see the uproar her absence caused at the end of s04 ?? Or maybe she's been recast, like Daario .
Old 06-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootWoot (View Post)
TFTNT !

About LS, don't you think that maybe
Spoiler:

Because no LS... Are they mad ? Didn't they see the uproar her absence caused at the end of s04 ?? Or maybe she's been recast, like Daario .
I don't think they really care about book reader reaction.

As for dragging out the plot to wait for the books... It's fairly clear that next season will wrap all (or very nearly all) the storylines of Feast and Dance. Alex Graves basically said so in an interview.

Too many characters are nearly out of storyline to assume anything else.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
I don't think they really care about book reader reaction.
I think it's pretty much carved in stone at this point that D&D don't give a about anything but the praise/ass kissing they've received, and the reward of having the highest HBO ratings in the history of the universe. They have no interest in portraying GRRM's canon characters on screen anymore, and if it happens by accident (see: Arya), then shiny.

And that scares the crap out of me for J/B. Nik's silly "Jaime & Cersei sitting on a porch (porch? I don't remember now.)" joke he made a couple of years ago could very easily come to pass.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, not to mention, I have a feeling the impact of LS on show viewers wouldn't be that strong two whole seasons after the RW. I think it will be next season, or not at all (and postponing it till next season is already straining it a bit, imho, when it would have been the perfect season 4 ending).
I don't mean to be a downer here. I'm just bracing myself. As I said I'm already kinda disillusioned in regards to the show, so that may be why I can't be optimistic here.

Tumblr

Old 06-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

But... But shut up .
Old 06-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I think we all need TWOW more than ever right now.

Tumblr

Old 06-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootWoot (View Post)
But... But shut up .
I hear ya...

Help us, TWoW, you're our only hope...
Old 06-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

You know, it may be a blessing in disguise. ASSUMING GRRM lives long enough to finish the book series, that is!

Think about it. Season 5 finishes up all the stories through ADwD, still somewhat resembling canon (if we squint and watch it sideways.) Book 6 is still nowhere in sight, so B&W start work on season 6 without GRRM's canon for reference. They put their own "spin" on stuff (*cough*J/B*cough*), and we either love it or hate it (or are wildly indifferent to it by that point. *g*)

THEN book 6 comes out, and the J/B goodness is more than we could ever have imagined. They make a plan together, fight off Stoneheart, save Pod & Hyle, Jaime & Hyle snarky jealousy as they fight for Brienne's affections, and some side Brienne/Pod adventures. It's a joyous volume in the series, and our memories of how badly B&W botched it up are swept away.

So then B&W have already begun working on season 7, again without GRRM's canon from book 7. Their take: we love/hate/are indifferent.

THEN book 7 comes out, J/B head to the wall & help win the final battle, then live happily ever after on Tarth with a whole passel of blonde-haired-blue-eyed warrior kids, while Cersei hears reports of their blissful happy life from afar and drinks herself to death, crying and miserable and alone and cursing Jaime as her Valonqar with her dying breath.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh yes please TWOW .

When I was little, around HP t03, I used to ship Harry and Hermione really hard. One night in my bed I asked my arms (yes, my arms ) to give me an answer : I wanted them to make me rise my left arm against my will if Harry/Hermione was ever going to happen, or my right arm if she was going to end up with Ron. My right arm grew slightly more numb, and I was devastated, because this wasn't the answer I wanted .

But last night, I couldn't sleep, I was bored, and I wondered "Why not try again ? My arms are incredible, last time I asked them a question they told me the truth, even though I was expecting my subconscious to lie to me !". I am very happy to tell you that by the pricking of my left arm, our ship will at least kiss, **** or something similar .

Last edited by WootWoot; 06-25-2014 at 01:39 PM
Old 06-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I so hope your arms are right.

Tumblr

Old 06-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT Plucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
And that scares the crap out of me for J/B. Nik's silly "Jaime & Cersei sitting on a porch (porch? I don't remember now.)" joke he made a couple of years ago could very easily come to pass.
Hmmm, I don't know about that. Especially after Lena Headey said that Cersei was manipulating Jaime in the finale. The High Septon is also on the cast list for next season so I think we are going to see
Spoiler:

As for J/B, I still think it's too soon to be really worried about them. D&D are huge ****-ups but one of the few things they got right was Jaime and Brienne's relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
Yeah, not to mention, I have a feeling the impact of LS on show viewers wouldn't be that strong two whole seasons after the RW. I think it will be next season, or not at all (and postponing it till next season is already straining it a bit, imho, when it would have been the perfect season 4 ending).
I don't mean to be a downer here. I'm just bracing myself. As I said I'm already kinda disillusioned in regards to the show, so that may be why I can't be optimistic here.
I agree. Maybe I'm crazy but that Michelle Fairley interview didn't freak me out really. Maybe it's because I've grown used to this show's constant disappointments. But yeah I agree. If there is no Stoneheart in S5 it means no SH at all. Now all we have to do is wait. But at this point, I am waiting more for the books rather than the show.