Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodites (View Post)
I liked Robb and Catelyn but I screamed victory too I'm on team Lannister! I loved they won the war.
Yeah, I hope that what remains of them will stand up against Dany, and that in the end Westeros officially becomes a freefolk continent (anarchy !). With Brienne and Jaime as King and Queen (feodal anarchy !).
Old 04-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ausiello: Let’s head to Westeros for a little update on that verrrry interesting Cersei/Brienne conversation in Sunday’s episode (y’know, the one that happened before all hell broke loose). What does Gwendoline Christie have to say about the possibility of a Season 4 romance between Brienne of Tarth and the Kingslayer?

“Jaime Lannister is a fine figure of a man, a traditional concept of everything a man could want to be,” she cagily tells TVLine. “The idea of that relationship, with all of its tension and complexity, lacking a sexual aspect is very interesting to me” — (boo!) – “because we see a man finding a woman truly attractive for her character. It transcends, or just not yet includes, a sexual motivation.” Yay?

‘Reign’ Season 2 Spoilers: Mary and Francis — Ask Ausiello - TVLine
Gwen knows her stuff.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootWoot (View Post)
My motto : ship and let ship, hate and let hate .
Words to live by!

Quote:
I've being hating Cersei ever since she had Lady killed. I hate Cersei for being such a cruel manipulative and superficial cow, but I love her chapters, I can't wait to discover what new evil tricks she will come up with in TWOW. The Lannisters are my favorite team !
YES. That moment in the book had me SEETHING. I hated Jaime already for pushing Bran, and certainly wasn't a fan of Cersei (the whole incest thing = ) but her having Lady killed really pushed me into the "I LOATHE her" category.

The thing is...I liked both of them much better after they became POV characters. Getting inside the minds of GRRM's characters makes all the difference. Instead of hating Cersei outright, she became a character I loved to hate, and still found fascinating.

And Jaime, through his relationship with Brienne, just became a big ol' woobie.

Quote:
But the character I have hated the most was by far Catelyn Stark. I must be one of the only person who actually ENJOYED the Red Wedding laughted my a** off and screamed victory. I'm a horrible person.
I was completely apathetic to Robb (both book and show) and Catelyn lost me when she told Jon "it should have been you", in the books, when Jon came to say goodbye to the still-comatose Bran. I liked her scenes with Brienne, but mostly that one line did her in, as far as I was concerned. I felt absolutely nothing when she died, other than shock at how it all went down. Any woman who could be so cold and harsh to a child who had done nothing wrong (and probably isn't even Ned's, FFS!)...just, no.

Back OT...this tumblr post made me giggle:

Quote:
I liked Robb and Catelyn but I screamed victory too I'm on team Lannister! I loved they won the war.
Well, like Jaime says...

“I've lost a hand, ..., a son, a sister, and a lover, and soon enough I will lose a brother. And yet they keep telling me House Lannister won this war.”

(BTW, have you read the books?)

Winter is The Others are still coming, as is Dany & her dragons!

I hope Jaime and Brienne end up at the Wall, right in the middle of all Hell breaking loose...

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You don't know what's going to happen then? Oh, it's gonna be beautiful, I promise
I have a vague idea (spoilers truly are unavoidable), but yeah-vague. So excited!

Love that answer of Gwen's! She clearly loves her character and that sl deeply.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I hope that what remains of them will stand up against Dany, and that in the end Westeros officially becomes a freefolk continent (anarchy !). With Brienne and Jaime as King and Queen (feodal anarchy !).

I like more the idea of Westeros's folks choosing their new ruler, some kind of democracy....and Jaime and Brienne living happily ever after in Tarth.

Never fan art had spoken a greater truth before

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I hope Jaime and Brienne end up at the Wall, right in the middle of all Hell breaking loose...
My crackpot/pet theory is that most of the POV are going to end up in the north like the book started,but this timetogether fighting against the white walkers.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)

My crackpot/pet theory is that most of the POV are going to end up in the north like the book started,but this timetogether fighting against the white walkers.

But...will they be fighting the Others...? Or Dany and her dragons?

Old 04-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I like more the idea of Westeros's folks choosing their new ruler, some kind of democracy....and Jaime and Brienne living happily ever after in Tarth.
Yeah,democracy would be ideal.
I don't know about book!Catelyn but show!Catelyn was amazing and i can't understand how someone would want her to die.Robb wasn't my fav but you just can't avoid crying seeing this horrible thing that is the red wedding.I also have to say that i hated Jaime until he saved Brienne from rape.Anyway,i'm team!Stark obviously and really sensitive on the subject so i will just say that i disagree and leave it at that.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Well, like Jaime says...

“I've lost a hand, ..., a son, a sister, and a lover, and soon enough I will lose a brother. And yet they keep telling me House Lannister won this war.”

(BTW, have you read the books?)
Yeah, but the whole rise and fall thing is beautiful to see... In the fictional narrative, of course.

I read them years ago, when the show hadn't even started yet

I think the invasion of the White walkers it's inevitable so... What if all Westeros join forces at the end to destroy them?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

GRRM made a pretty cryptic remark somewhere, at some point, asking (loosely) 'what makes you so sure that the Others are the bad guys?'

Which brought about the speculation that perhaps they would be the ones to stop Dany and her dragons, who will be the actual Big Bad/threat to Westeros.

I think it'd be a cool twist. And want to see Jaime & Brienne swingin' swords, right in the middle of it all!

Old 04-15-2014, 05:14 PM
New Fan

I don't trust GRRM He likes to play with the readers with ambiguous comments. I'm sure he's laughing in his room while all of us were here making our heads a mess haha. He's such a...

BTW, that art of Brienne is so pretty! Gwen is a beauty
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

But...will they be fighting the Others...? Or Dany and her dragons?
As long they are in the same side fighting together and doing other stuffI don't care who they are fighting against( exceot the Stark)

Old 04-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

A
Quote:
GRRM made a pretty cryptic remark somewhere, at some point, asking (loosely) 'what makes you so sure that the Others are the bad guys?'

Which brought about the speculation that perhaps they would be the ones to stop Dany and her dragons, who will be the actual Big Bad/threat to Westeros.

I think it'd be a cool twist. And want to see Jaime & Brienne swingin' swords, right in the middle of it all!
Oh yes yes please !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy88 (View Post)
Yeah,democracy would be ideal.
I don't know about book!Catelyn but show!Catelyn was amazing and i can't understand how someone would want her to die.Robb wasn't my fav but you just can't avoid crying seeing this horrible thing that is the red wedding.I also have to say that i hated Jaime until he saved Brienne from rape.Anyway,i'm team!Stark obviously and really sensitive on the subject so i will just say that i disagree and leave it at that.
Book Cat is veeeeery different from Show Cat. Her chapters bored me to death so I was really glad we were done with it. Furthermore, I thought that her inner thoughts were really lame, self-pitying and she could be so mean sometimes. She never really was a Stark honestly, she spent her time thinking about the good old days at Riverrun, Littlefinger, and about the seven gods. Pouah.

Show!Cat was kind of awesome though.

Last edited by WootWoot; 04-15-2014 at 06:22 PM
Old 04-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Jaime's face of what that F... they are talking about? is priceless

Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah, Jaime was sweating that moment!