Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We win when we play the Game of Thrones - Celebrating 50k!

It was an average day in April when it all began, when this show first premiered and we all fell in love. With a premiere episode like Winter is Coming this show was bound to be unforgettable and one of the best to ever cross our screens. It took us a while longer to get this board but on June 1, 2011 we had our first post and as they say the rest is history. We finally had a place to post and go crazy about what we like to think is one of the best shows, ever. We are so happy with the dedication and love that has poured out from the supporters on this show and one that always hopes for the best although we expect the worst because well it is a Game of Thrones, and that's just how GRRM wrote it.

Thank you everyone for everything you do here. We love you and are so proud that we have reached this achievement already! 50,000 posts is quite a mark and one we won't soon forget. April and further milestones, here we come!

Your mods,
Chrissy and Maurice

The Moment

Bri (lunas_borednow)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Arya, Jaime, Littlefinger and Brienne (Yet to appear)
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? You Win or You Die
What is your favorite scene on the show? Wow that is hard... I guess I'll pick Syrio fighting off the Lannister guards to defend Arya...
What is your favorite ship on the show? Brienne/Jaime (Not there yet) and Arya/Gendry

Maurice (NOLA504)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Daenerys Targaryen
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? Episode 10
What is your favorite scene on the show? The end of episode 10, when the dragon eggs hatch.
What is your favorite ship on the show? Jon/Dany
and anything else you might want to say... Glad we made it to 50k!!!

Brittny (LittleLoLo)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Tyrion Lannister, but I have to say that this question is evil. I have so many faves! I adore Arya and honestly want to be her. I am so much like Bran, I really relate to him. Ned is my LOVE for always! <3 Jon... poor sadface Jon! He was the first character I fell in love with when I started reading the books. If I have to choose one though, it is TYRION!
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? Oooh this is difficult. Hmm... I think the Pilot is my favorite. I've only watched the episodes twice each and... it's difficult to separate them and say one is better than the other. Game of Thrones Season 1 is like a 10 hour movie to me. LOL!
What is your favorite scene on the show? Oh no this one is even more difficult... I like finding the direwolf pups. I like all of Jon and Tyrion's scenes. I like the Lannister breakfast scene. I like the Jon/Arya goodbye scene. I love the Cat/Rock/Jaime threesome scene. LOL! I love the Dany scenes after Drogo goes vegetable. Her conversation with Muri Mas Duhr... that was awesome. Then Burning her was awesome. Then the DRAGONS! Uh... I love the Ned/Arya scenes. Tyrion's confession was great. Tyrion and Bronn are fun together. Tyrion slapping Joffrey... oh there are so many. Ned and Jaime's fight is great. Ned and Cersei's scene in the garden was really good. Littlefinger/Varys scenes are great... King in the North! I love that scene. Robert and Cersei laughing together oh that was gloriously fun. I'm going with the Jon/Arya goodbye scene. <3 That's my favorite.
What is your favorite ship on the show?
I'm not really shipping anyone yet ON THE SHOW... I've read the books so... Me/Jon? No never mind don't count that. Me and Tyrion? <3 Hmm... Cersei/Hotpie? LOL! No... Um... Ser Jorah and Dany. I did ship Dany/Drogo a bit but that ship is over. So going into season 2 I think Ser Jorah and Dany are the two that I ship... most. I shipped Ned/Cat too I guess but... Yeah I'm going with Ser Jorah and Dany. <3

and anything else you might want to say... No just that... I'm so addicted to this story now. I don't know whether to be really happy or really anxious that this show (and book series) is going to hold me hostage for years to come.

(The Kender)
Who is your favorite character in Game of Thrones? Jon Snow
What is your favorite episode? Baelor & The Pointy End
What is your favorite scene? Jon saying goodbye to Arya
What is your favorite ship on the show?don't have one
And anything else?Best show ever.

(P&B4ever)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Jon Snow, Ned
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? #9
What is your favorite scene on the show? Dany & the dragon
What is your favorite ship on the show? Jon/Dany
and anything else you might want to say...
I love Got & GoT board but sadly don’t post much. It def the best series I watch & its wonderful to discuss the characters, the cast, the books of this wonderful show with such smart lovely & all around friendly ppl on this forum.
Together I’m sure we'll all be around to witness this wonderful day when Jon Snow & Dany will meet (even if it takes 10 years to wait)

Hannah (Sansa)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Jon Snow, Jaime Lannister, Sansa Stark
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? Baelor
What is your favorite scene on the show? Jon saying farewell to his siblings
What is your favorite ship on the show? Jon/Daenerys
and anything else you might want to say... I miss this forum and posting on it as everyone is very fun and the discussions were enjoyable as well. Once I get the chance to, I will start posting again, but it has given me a lot of good memories in the past. Congratulations on 50K!

(IceKat055)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? If I have a gun to my head and can only choose one...? Tyrion.
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode?
'Baelor' - despite the little problem of Ned's head falling off.
What is your favorite scene on the show? Tyrion slapping Joffrey.

It never, ever gets old.

(Honorable mention to "stick 'em with the pointy end" between Jon and Arya, and Syrio opening a can on the Lannister guards.)
What is your favorite ship on the show? From S1, n/a...I love Ned, but have a hard time getting behind Ned/Cat because I think Cat's a raging bitch-monster from hell. However, coming soon - - Jaime/Brienne!
and anything else you might want to say... Is it April yet?

Rae (autumn_hope)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, and Arya Stark.
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? I can't pick! I see all the episodes together as one amazing story. Every single episode was full of quality storytelling.
What is your favorite scene on the show? It's honestly hard to choose, but the first scene that popped into my head when I thought about it was the final scene of the season with Daenerys and the dragons.
What is your favorite ship on the show? Jon & Daenerys
and anything else you might want to say... I am very proud of the board! It has reached quite a milestone! A project like Game of Thrones deserves this kind of success. Congratulations to the board! and here's to another 50k!

Emma (yuzzz66)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Jon Snow
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? Baelor
What is your favorite scene on the show? Jon/Robb farewell scene. Bromance ftw!
What is your favorite ship on the show? Jaime/Cersei and Jon/Daenerys
and anything else you might want to say... Game of Thrones board is one of the most amazing boards on . Every poster is friendly and sweet. Can't wait to celebrate 75K, 100K and more and more milestones with all of you Season two is coming! Bring on the party

(Risk)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Cersei
What is your favorite scene?The last scene of the S1 with Daenerys and the dragons
What is your favorite ship on the show? Jon & Daenerys

(Amorith)
Who is your favorite game of thrones character? Hmm that's a tough one, but I guess Jon Snow!
What is your favorite episode? They were all good actually, but I would say Episode 9!
What is your favorite scene? Huh, there is not just one. But I think one of my favourite scenes is between Old Bear and Jon Snow talking about Ned's death and their marching with the Night's Watch behind the wall. Epic!
What is your favorite ship on the show? Always and forever Jamie/Brienne, but in the first season of the TV Series Dany & Drogo.
Anything else?Just love the books and the TV Series. They're so intense and sort of realistic, concerning the interaction between the characters and their relationships! Can't wait for Season 2 and the new characters to come, especially Davos. He's sort of a Ned Stark, he's loyal to Stannis - a Baratheon - and he's a caring/loving father

Chrissy (red velvet)
Who is your favorite characterHmm... well I loved Drogo but he's gone, and Cersei is crazy but somehow awesome in her own way. And then there's Sansa who is just going through so much that I can't help feel for her. But I think at this point I love Robb the most.
What is your favorite episode?Oh goodness... um, I'm not sure that I can decide! I guess I'll take the easy answer and go with the finale.
What is your favorite scene?
Big fan of the dragons, obviously but I also really liked when Viserys got his golden crown and I love that scene between Robb and Cat when he says he wants to kill them all and she wants to get his sisters and then they can kill them all.
What is your favorite ship on the show?Thus far Dany/Drogo although that kinda broke my heart
And anything else you want to say...This is such an awesome board and I'm so happy that it existed and helped me find this awesome show and some of the best people ever!

(Vanora)
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character? Daenerys
What was your favorite Game of Thrones episode? Episode 6
What is your favorite scene on the show? Daenerys' babyshower (eating the heart etc)
What is your favorite ship on the show? Renly/Loras

Chrissy |
Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

congrats on the amazing milestone.
The OP is beautiful.

posted the celebration to tumblr too, on the FF account. You can go and reblog it here.

i love you. ♡
Old 01-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm so happy for the board! such an amazing milestone the op looks wonderful let's party!!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Congrats!!!! Happy 50K!!! I'm glad to be part of this board, hope we'll stay for long as the TV Series is on air.

And thanks for the good work, that our mods keep doing here. A Cheer for Chrissy and Maurice!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Congrats on your milestone!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations on the big milestone!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on 50K!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

congratssss on 50K! This is so exciting!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

We hit 50K!

Congratulations to everybody! Long live the show! Long live the board! Long live GRRM so we can actually find out how it all ends!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

50K!!!! This is AWESOME!!!!

Great job on the OP Chrissy!!! thanks everyone for helping get the board here!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Amazing OP and congratulations on 50K everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

congrats
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome

Can't wait for the show to be back and have parties all day long with all of you

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Congrats on 50K!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats on 50K!!