Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndLoveYelledNO (View Post)
I can't really remember if it's confirmed in the books that Varys had Gendry sent to The Wall but it's really the only thing that makes sense. Who else?
Yes there's a fan theory that lays out all the evidence for it being Varys. But watching the new episodes right after the last few of season one, I think Ned Stark could have ordered Gendry sent to the wall as he was sending Arya, Sansa and a lot of his people away from King's Landing. In a later book it is confirmed that Ned is the one who ordered that the 3 men in the cage (Jaqen, Biter and Rorge) be taken out of the black cells and sent to the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmabelle (View Post)
And of course there's (spoiler for AFFC)
Spoiler:

Of course, none of these things are in the show, so if the writers want to go for a big twist, they still could deviate from the books and make Gendry Cersei and Robert's son.
Yeah going by the book even Cersei's tale of woe to Catelyn would have to be taken as a lie because Cersei deliberately refused to have any of Robert's children, even going so far as to abort one as has already been mentioned. But there is a fan theory about Gendry even so. In the book he's younger than on the show, so it would match the actual length of Robert and Cersei's marriage in the book. I dunno. I've never believed in that theory. It is interesting.

You're right that on the show, they can do whatever they want. Gendry may be Cersei's and now that Joff is King she may have wanted to send him away for that reason. Who knows? I'm starting to lean toward it being Ned but I think most of the evidence points to Varys. I just can't remember any of that evidence. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liia (View Post)
I love it that they both trust each other now It's lovely to watch them becoming friends

About shipping Arya and Gendry: For me I ship them romantically in terms of ... I want a romance to blossom between them one day. I enjoy moments that foreshadow what a great pair they would be romantically. Romantic shipping for me doesn't always mean "these characters should be having sex right now." That would be so inappropriate for Arya and Gendry because of age and maturity and circumstances. But I still consider myself a romantic Arya/Gendry shipper as opposed to other characters that I just ship as friends. Romantic shipping =/= sex for me. Sex can be a fun part of romantic shipping but... for me it's not the definition of romance or romantic shipping.

I am Tyrion's Wench

Last edited by LittleLoLo; 04-10-2012 at 03:37 PM
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
You're on the list pixiestyx
Thanks for adding me!

I don't think it's ever specified in the books but I suppose it could have been Varys, but why only protect Gendry?

WolfgangღKala

Last edited by pixiestyx; 04-10-2012 at 07:40 PM
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

hahahhaa

THE ARYA AND GENDRY SCENES WERE PERFECTION
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Just looked it up. It was Varys. This is what he tells Tyrion in ACOK

Spoiler:

I do wonder what role Gendry will ultimately play in the end of the series

Quote:
Yeah going by the book even Cersei's tale of woe to Catelyn would have to be taken as a lie because Cersei deliberately refused to have any of Robert's children, even going so far as to abort one as has already been mentioned.
They've taken quite a few liberties with Cersei on the show so I can see it being true. But the great thing about that scene is that it leaves you guessing whether she's being genuine or not.

Quote:
I think my favorite things were Gendry's comments about her size (how can such a small person be such a large pain in my ass/you shouldn't insult people who are bigger than you). LOL! I also loved how vulnerable she looked when she admitted the truth to him. <3
Yes, so so cute! Now I want to watch that scene again

At first I was a bit disappointed
Spoiler:

Quote:
But I still consider myself a romantic Arya/Gendry shipper as opposed to other characters that I just ship as friends. Romantic shipping =/= sex for me. Sex can be a fun part of romantic shipping but... for me it's not the definition of romance or romantic shipping.
Well said

I do think there are romantic undertones to their storyline which is what made me take note that the text could be hinting at a possible full on romance between them in the future. We all know how damn good GRRM is at foreshadowing and that song in particular really screamed it. Remember, GRRM was planning to do a 5 year time jump after ASOS so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted to bring them together eventually in that way. Whether that will still happen is up in the air but I greatly hope it does.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Just looked it up. It was Varys. This is what he tells Tyrion in ACOK

Spoiler:

I do wonder what role Gendry will ultimately play in the end of the series

I really didn't remember that, thanks for looking it up for us
At this point, I don't know if Gendry still has a role to play, I hope he does though, but I'm a little scared we won't ever hear from Gendry again (please someone tell me my fears are completely unfounded and we'll definitely see Arya and Gendry meet before the end of the series).
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 AM
New Fan

I hope they have more stuff for Gendry and Arya in the future. I actually hope that they would end up together. They suit each other very well.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
At this point, I don't know if Gendry still has a role to play, I hope he does though, but I'm a little scared we won't ever hear from Gendry again (please someone tell me my fears are completely unfounded and we'll definitely see Arya and Gendry meet before the end of the series).
Of course your fears are unfounded! Of course! *repeats while rocking back and forth*

Spoiler:
Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)

About shipping Arya and Gendry: For me I ship them romantically in terms of ... I want a romance to blossom between them one day. I enjoy moments that foreshadow what a great pair they would be romantically. Romantic shipping for me doesn't always mean "these characters should be having sex right now." That would be so inappropriate for Arya and Gendry because of age and maturity and circumstances. But I still consider myself a romantic Arya/Gendry shipper as opposed to other characters that I just ship as friends. Romantic shipping =/= sex for me. Sex can be a fun part of romantic shipping but... for me it's not the definition of romance or romantic shipping.
I completely agree I crave to see them together, like a couple and all that, but only when they're older Now I enjoy seeing them building the relationship, building the trust and loyalty them having sex now would be weird

Aga

Old 04-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Add me please! I shipped it so hard in the books and I adore how they're playing out in the show so far (how perfect was the "As m'lady commands" scene!?).
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

beyond adorable. I love his panic before that!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

The two actors have great chemistry (friendship or otherwise). I adore their scenes.

Its a nice change of pace from the all the horrible people at Kings Landing being, well, horrible people. Give me the wannabe Nightswatchmen anyday!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Can you imagine Gendry and Arya on the wall together? Hahaha! I wonder if Jon's indulgent attitude toward Arya learning to fight would extend to her fighting at the wall.

Thanks for the info about Varys sending Gendry to the wall AndLoveYelledNO!

I am Tyrion's Wench
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Supreme Fan

AndLoveYelledNO, thanks for looking up the info about Varys sending Gendry to the wall. As soon as I saw it, I remembered reading it.

Thought this was cute:

WolfgangღKala
Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Extreme Fan

A really nice MV: Arya&Gendry ll Into the Fire