Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
^ Hi there! I'm Anna Your icon. I'm excited too, it seems like these two will share scene/s together. Or at least they should! I've been waiting for that for a lonnnng time.

About episodes, I've read at previouslytv that:

Still very long, so it's good, more than I've expected.
Oh really I was hoping they would all be 1.5 hours, as I'm not sure how they can finish it, but I guess they know more than us!

I mean if they don't share scenes I don't know what I'll do

Is there a wishlist of scenes we want to see between Arya and Gendry in this final season?
I'm hoping for:
-Gendry in the forge and Arya goes to watch him/just be with him
-Them to both fight together against WW
-Gendry to make Ayra a new weapon to fight against the WW
-Gendry to watch Arya fighting, and others noticing he is watching her

I'm not sure if they will get married, I'm not sure if theres time for that, but I want it implied that they end up together.

The 100. Game of Thrones.
Icon: Saejima
Old 01-24-2019, 12:03 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I wish for longer episodes too, but maybe for D&D it's enough to tell the story they want. We'll see.

I can't see the wishlist so I guess there isn't one. I can add your suggestion to the OP, if you want.

I don't even think about marriage for A/G, it wouldn't fit for me in the GoT theme. There's too much tragedy and unhappiness to let two young characters get marry and be happy. But I would like to see a romance, and what scenes specifically I want to see... well I just want to be surprised!
Old 01-24-2019, 02:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I wish for longer episodes too, but maybe for D&D it's enough to tell the story they want. We'll see.

I can't see the wishlist so I guess there isn't one. I can add your suggestion to the OP, if you want.

I don't even think about marriage for A/G, it wouldn't fit for me in the GoT theme. There's too much tragedy and unhappiness to let two young characters get marry and be happy. But I would like to see a romance, and what scenes specifically I want to see... well I just want to be surprised!
I just can't imagine how it will end and who will die, I just hope Gendry and Arya survive!

You are probably right about that, have we ever seen a happy wedding on GoT? I will be happy if they both stay at Winterfell, Arya teaching people how to fight and Gendry in the forge.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

I have a gut feeling that Arya might survive! IDK about Gendry tbh, but considering that he's the last person on this show from the Baratheon family, then maybe his chances aren't small? Someone has to take Stormlands.

No, never a happy wedding on GoT! Yeah, wouldn't that be ideal for them both to stay at Winterfell? Arya finally back home where she belong, and Gendry could find his home there too, which is something he's looking for... But, you know, I've read somewhere that some fans wish for them to sail west, and discover new lands or something. I wouldn't mind that either, though I know it won't happen.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

So do I, well more hope, but I just don't see her or Gendry dying. I mean if they are going to kill Gendry off, then why bring him back. That is true, on the show he is the last Baratheon, but I don't know, I can't see him being happy in Stormlands, hes a great blacksmith, not so sure on being a lord part Although I would be more than happy for Arya and Gendry to go to rule Stormlands together, but really don't see that happening

I'm re watching, but have only got up to end of Season 1 so far, I feel like I've forgotten so much of what has happened in the show! I would prefer that, with Sansa being Lady of Winterfell. If they sailed West I would want to see another show about them travelling/exploring the West

Old 01-24-2019, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

That's right, he would need help with Stormlands *wink wink*. But you're right, probably won't happen. Tho... maybe GRRM plans to give Stormlands to Edric Storm and we know that Gendry sort of took his role on the show. So who knows really.

Ohh, I want to do a GoT rewatch too, before the final season starts. The lack of time though... :/ I think I'll just end up with watching the final episode of the last season. A proper rewatch will have to wait.

I would soo watch that show too! And it would actually be in character for Arya, to go find adventures on new lands, but I'm not sure Gendry would be happy with unstable life like that. He might be... with the right person on his side.

But I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself. Here talking about endgames, when the proper romance didn't even start yet, and we don't know if it will... ahhh.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That's right, he would need help with Stormlands *wink wink*. But you're right, probably won't happen. Tho... maybe GRRM plans to give Stormlands to Edric Storm and we know that Gendry sort of took his role on the show. So who knows really.

Ohh, I want to do a GoT rewatch too, before the final season starts. The lack of time though... :/ I think I'll just end up with watching the final episode of the last season. A proper rewatch will have to wait.

I would soo watch that show too! And it would actually be in character for Arya, to go find adventures on new lands, but I'm not sure Gendry would be happy with unstable life like that. He might be... with the right person.

But I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself. Here talking abut endgames, when the proper romance didn't even start yet, and we don't know if it will... ahhh.
Exactly! Yeah I think maybe in the books Edric will get Stormlands, so Gendry could possibly get it in the show. Plus with Jon and Gendry sort of friends, he would probably legitimise him to become Gendry Baratheon, so would be able to rule Stormlands, maybe Hotpie can become his cook

Yeah it is very time consuming, I hope I finish it before the new season starts!

It would, I can see her travelling West. Although, she could have done that when she left the Faceless men, but she went back to Westoros and become Arya Stark again, so maybe that's GRRM / D&D that she chooses her family above all?

I know, definitely got ahead of ourselves, I'll just be happy if they are friends and for them to actually have scenes together again.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:47 AM
Moderator Manager

I agree with you both We need them to share scenes, but I also don't see a happy marriage in the show, so I'd rather see them having a romance/relationship without it turning into a wedding (sort of like an open ending for them)

And I also am hoping that Jon will legitimize Gendry, he knows what is like to be a bastard, so he'll probably sympathize with the situation
Old 01-24-2019, 05:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I think its highly unlikely they will marry, and really, there's no need for them to. Just let them be happy at Winterfell

I think Jon will offer it, but I am not sure if Gendry will take it. If he was offered it in the first couple of seasons I would say yes he would take it. But from the few scenes we see of him in Season 7, he seems pretty content with who he is. I'd like to think he would only accept it if Arya goes with him, and if she doesn't, then he'd stay with her.
But I doubt that will happen, Gendry will probably become legitimised and made Lord of Stormlands.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I agree with you both We need them to share scenes, but I also don't see a happy marriage in the show, so I'd rather see them having a romance/relationship without it turning into a wedding (sort of like an open ending for them)

And I also am hoping that Jon will legitimize Gendry, he knows what is like to be a bastard, so he'll probably sympathize with the situation
I can see them having an open end too. Something ambiguous.

I liked their little scene in 2.05, when Arya corrects Gendry's fighting stance.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I like the scene too!

Yesterday Maisie Williams went to Birmingham to talk to a University, and was quoted to have said she was happy to have made it to the first episode of 8x01, I hope that is not a hint that she doesn't make it too the last episode I don't know if that is classed as a spoiler, I can hid it if people want me too.

Here is the link to the quote : https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...liams-15721350

Old 01-25-2019, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

^ Hmmm, yes, it's interesting she would say that but
Spoiler:

IDK about the spoilers policy around here.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Fingers crossed we are safe, Maisie likes to worry us

Old 01-26-2019, 08:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the spoiler tag. We try to keep this board as spoiler-free as possible since this is a show that a lot of people try to be in the dark (myself included) So I appreciate the effort
Old 01-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

^ Oh ok sure! I'll remember the bit about spoilers. Tbh I don't know much either so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Day10♥' (View Post)
Fingers crossed we are safe, Maisie likes to worry us
I mean, sometimes when these actors say anything, it's just... I can't. I remember when Kit Harington was like "Jon is dead dead for good" after his character was stabbed. Look how did that turned out.