Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Nice interview w/Jack: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/13/ja...joffrey-death/

and a great interview w/GRRM:

George R.R. Martin on why [spoiler] died THAT way | Inside TV | EW.com

Quote:
So finally, any thoughts about how Jack played Joffrey now that this is his swan song?
Martin:
I think Jack was sensational. I met Jack during the filming of the pilot many years ago now, and he’s like the nicest guy you’d ever want to meet. He’s really bright and a fiercely intelligent young man going to Trinity College in Dublin. I don’t know if you’ve seen his speech at the Oxford Union, it’s pretty amazing about celebrity culture. He’s very perceptive and he played this loathsome character and somehow made him more loathsome. He created someone that everybody hates, and loves to hate, and that’s a considerable feat of acting. I feel a little guilty that he’s quitting acting now. I hope that playing Joffrey didn’t help make him want to retire from the profession because he does have quite a gift for it and could have a major career as an actor.
Jack was the perfect Joffrey. But not in a bad way!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jack was hilarious and is such a great actor, i adore him
Old 04-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

We all do and now I'm miissing him so much already

Old 04-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

with all my heart,
Old 04-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thank you for the gif, i didnt see his goodbye/thank you video ..

good to read he has wants to move on with his education his future
Old 04-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

That gif set and video are adorable. He's SO not Joffrey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
We all do and now I'm miissing him so much already
Yeah...but at least we'll get to see him one more time in next week's episode...?

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

"Thank you for taking so much love and hating me."

Oh, Jack, I shall miss you forever.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh man, I hated Joffrey so much. Jack did a fantastic job playing him, it's really an acting accomplishment that he was able to make everyone despise his character so much.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lena Headey (Queen Regent Cersei): “I love him. It’s been four years and I’ve kind of seen Jack grow up — he’s very smart and he’s very funny and he’s very charming. And he’s great company! You form friendships and that’s been a really special one to me and I literally look into his eyes and I get very upset because I go, ‘No!’ But he’s going and I get it.”

Headey on Cersei’s wedding-day thoughts: “I think she’s enjoying this moment for as much as she can. Seeing Joffrey as genuinely happy and excited to marry Margaery — it kills her, and also she ****ing loves him. She holds that boy on a very wobbly pedestal, but she holds him up. And yeah, it’s the beginning of everything falling down for her.”

Then she blames Tyrion: “Of course — who else could she blame? … The last thing she sees while holding her son is Tyrion and that’s all she needs.”

Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell): “We’re all going to miss him — we’re all trying not to think about it that it’s his last day so everyone is a little morose at the idea of actually losing Jack. But once you’re part of the Thrones family, you’re always part of the Thrones family, you’re still part of the clan even after.”

Dormer teases Margaery’s reaction: “Well, politically, to lose one husband is bad, but to lose two husbands is careless! It’s really bad PR for Margaery. So regardless of what she thought of Joffrey as a human being, it’s not a good place for her to be in. So she’s like, you know, cursed or tainted goods.”
( Collapse )

Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark): “It’s been the best time working with Jack. He is one of the most talented actors on the show — he’s the nicest person in real life and he’s become a really close friend. He’s the easiest guy to work with and it’s gonna be so sad to see him go. He’s not like one of those method actors that goes into a dark place to get it because if he was one of those guys, he’d be horrible to work with. Everyone who meets him is always totally surprised because he’s like the funniest person and him and Peter [Dinklage] are like a double act — it’s so weird! You can’t meet anyone nicer on the cast — everyone wants to hang out with Jack.”

Turner also gave some insight about Sansa’s reaction to watching Joffrey die: “It says in the script that obviously it’s horror, but she’s seen this kind of stuff before and it’s kind of more a sigh of relief than anything — finally it’s happened. Finally, after all these years. You don’t want to see anyone die, but it’s like this massive weight off her shoulders.”

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) on what Jaime secretly felt (or didn’t) for his son: “I don’t think he has any love for Joffrey. He’s never been close to him. But he has huge love and affection for his mother, and he sees that effect.”

Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) on how Joffrey’s death impacts Tywin’s plans: “Well, it hasn’t come a moment too soon, really. It does help Tywin, because I’ve sorted out who I want to marry who. It’s all about maintaining the status quo really — making sure the Lannisters stay up there. Whether it’s getting help from the Dornish or the Tyrells, the most prominent house in the seven kingdoms is the house of Lannister, so I have to do whatever it takes to make sure that that situation stays. And way over in the east there’s these continuous rumors about this Targaryan girl with her dragons that I’m trying not to think about — let’s cross that bridge when we come to it. But now that we’ve got Joffrey out of the way, the young man that I want to put on the throne I can put on the throne … the death of Joffrey is fortuitous because he was kind of like a little mosquito anyway — annoying, that you’re swatting all the time.”

'Game of Thrones' stars react to losing [spoiler] | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 04-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Better later than never: Please add me
Old 04-15-2014, 05:26 AM
Loyal Fan

I'd like to be added as well. Joffrey is horrible, but he was an amazing antagonist and Jack is a phenomenal actor.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

^ will add you both

JAck was really really awesome

imo even combined Ramsay Tywin & Cersei cant replace him as the main villains
Joff was the most effective & flashy & memorable
Old 04-15-2014, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

welcoome you both
Old 04-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by science girlfriend (View Post)
^ will add you both

JAck was really really awesome

imo even combined Ramsay Tywin & Cersei cant replace him as the main villains
Joff was the most effective & flashy & memorable
Oh I know Jack has a charisma, a depth as an actor that is so rare Especially for someone so young I think of one other talent who was talented as Jack and took the same route - Jaye Davidson. Made two movies got an oscar nomination for one and cult Sci-fi status for the other then promptly retired Such a loss but I guess it's just what makes you happy
Old 04-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

GOT won't be the same without Jack.