Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2019, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

I’m generally okay with how their story ended, and I saw the warning signs with Dany all along, back to S1. But I was hoping that where they were going with the story is that Dany’s worst tendencies would be moderated by Jon. That their love would make them better people.

That’s where things seemed to be going in S7 anyway, with Jon convincing Dany NOT to burn King’s Landing, and Dany actually listening and agreeing that she did not want to be queen of the ashes.

Sadly, that Jon who actually tried to reason with Dany was MIA this season, and just seemed to go along with whatever she wanted without questioning anything. The ending was not inevitable, it could easily have gone a different way.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

he didn't even need to reason with her, all he had to do was sleep with her before the carnage to stop her for spiraling and it would have gone a different way.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I just wanted more talking. We're left to speculate what motivated Dany and Jon especially through this season because we rarely got to hear them express themselves. We don't even know for sure why Jon pulled away from Dany, because they never discussed it. Nor did they ever discuss marriage even before the R+L=J reveal, which I find especially odd for Jon "I'll never father a bastard" Snow.

At least in the books that shouldn't be a problem, because we'll have chapters written from each of their POVs.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

you're totally right. Although I find the reason for Jon pulling away quite obvious, there's no way that before that he would not have proposed.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
you're totally right. Although I find the reason for Jon pulling away quite obvious, there's no way that before that he would not have proposed.
I didn't think it was that obvious. Jon had this big bombshell dropped on him and no time to process it before he told Dany, and then both Jon and Dany seem to immediately focus in on how it threatened Dany claim to the throne, and never spoke about how it affected Jon personally. The first opportunity they had for things to get romantic again in ep 4, when Dany told Jon that she loved him, he immediately kissed her, even knowing what he knew. And when he pulled away, instead of saying anything about how this new knowledge was impacting their relationship, Dany spoke only about how Jon's parentage threatened her claim to the throne.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I didn't think it was that obvious. Jon had this big bombshell dropped on him and no time to process it before he told Dany, and then both Jon and Dany seem to immediately focus in on how it threatened Dany claim to the throne, and never spoke about how it affected Jon personally. The first opportunity they had for things to get romantic again in ep 4, when Dany told Jon that she loved him, he immediately kissed her, even knowing what he knew. And when he pulled away, instead of saying anything about how this new knowledge was impacting their relationship, Dany spoke only about how Jon's parentage threatened her claim to the throne.
It seemed to me that Dany understood that Jon was somewhat repulsed by the aunt thing.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

With the risk of disappoiunting people here, but Kit is such a jerk tbh.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ys/3741069002/
Old 05-27-2019, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jon did terrible things too Kit. Why was Dany crucified for one bad decision?

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Didnt think I would even like these two but they wrote them so amazingly well in season 7 that I fell for it. They were adorable. The fact that he was a Targaryen sucked big time but I thought maybe they could still overcome it. I would even understand if they couldnt be together because it was too hard but I was holding out hope that Jon would stand by her.

He didnt want the throne, he stood up for her, called her his queen and they decided it was a good idea to have him be the one to kill her?! SERIOUSLY? That absolutely broke me. If anyone was going to do it why not Tyrion or why not Arya or something? Why did it have to be Jon. I wanted him to stand by his decision.

And i hate that they wrote Dany to be this evil entity at the end when it was Cersei the whole time! Why did they have to assassinate her character? Never going to be over this.

In my head the show ends after the white walker battle and jon and dany decide to rule together. Probably wont rewatch the final 2 episodes again lol

Last edited by Alexa; 05-27-2019 at 12:37 AM
Old 05-27-2019, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 05-27-2019, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I think the end was handled very bad especially for these two.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it's not the end, not for me.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Old 05-28-2019, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
With the risk of disappoiunting people here, but Kit is such a jerk tbh.
To be fair to Kit ... he had to try to make sense of the story, to justify why his character killed her.

I also think he's not entirely wrong, it's just that the way the show was written didn't properly build to that conclusion.

I also think he clearly didn't like it himself, given the way he reacted to reading that script.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Let's just remember that bashing actors/crew is not allowed in the board