Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2019, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

I've been afraid since season 7 that his fate was going to be remembered by the people like the accusations that Randyll Tarly made him.

You, on the other hand, murdered your own father, choose to support a foreigner invader, one with no ties to this land...and an army of savages at her back.

A part of me still fears that this might be his true legacy in the books, Book Tyrion seems very dark compared to the wonderful Tyrion of the show.

Icon
Old 05-22-2019, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

I could never get into the books, honestly. I tried reading the first one and just lost interest in it.

I prefer show Tyrion, though. He had a personality one could relate to.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:27 AM
Moderator Manager

I've never passed the first book, so I can't comment on that.. but now that the show is over, I am thinking about getting back to the books.

I think Tyrion would always be looked with despise by most people because he is a Lannister after all and the Imp. But yeah, after what Daenerys has done, I imagine that he'll always be remembered as the one that betrayed his family for the foreign queen that massacred the capital. It will be his atonement.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

Me too...Tyrion in the book is particularly nasty after the murder of Joeffrey. And also the relationship with the twins are purer in the show...in the books boy he thinks some damn nasty things about them.

Icon
Old 05-23-2019, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

I'm happy that Tyrion is the only Lannister Lion left!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here

^ What thins did Tyrion say about the twins in the books?
Old 05-25-2019, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Well, Tyrion loves and hates Jaime. He loves him because Jaime is the only one who shows him love in their family...but also kind of hates him because he's obviously the golden son.
He dreams of killing him.
Also when Jaime helps Tyrion to leave King's Landing, possibly thinking he might never see Tyrion again, he tells him the truth about Tysha. The show never addressed this...but actually Tysha was never a whore. It was a lie Tywin forced Jaime to say. You understand now how Tyrion might be mad about it, obviously. He was being told his entire life his wife was a whore paid by his brother to make a man of him...but that was a lie. Most brutal if you think what happened after to Tysha. She was raped by other Lannister guards and raped also by Tyrion under Tywin's command.
So basically Tyrion obviously goes nuts...especially because after Jaime's confession, he asks Tyrion whether it was him to actually kill Joffrey or not.
And instead of greeting each other properly Tyrion completely snaps. He tells Jaime it's true he murdered Joffrey and that Cersei ****ed Lancel and other men of the royal guard (this is not even true if I remember correctly) behind his back, just to hurt him properly. He regrets it a few moments later, but that's how they say their farewell.
Jaime, on the other hand, is pissed off because Tyrion murdered their father. And although he believes Tyrion is guilty of Joffrey's death(because Tyrion told him so) he doesn't seem to care that much about his son.

With Cersei is even more different. The constant distance and differences she always underlined between them since childhood is something that in the books she will pay for dearly I'm afraid. I'm going to put this quote here to make you understand how much Tyrion was really whitewashed in the show.
And the only reward I ask [for helping Dany] is I might be allowed to rape and kill my sister.
Even Cersei is whitewashed by show anyway, in the books she seems truly evil since childhood. Just think of the prophecy scene...she goes in there with a friend also in the books. In the show, they don't show the aftermath of her meeting with the witch, but in the books, she pushed her friend inside a well and let he die, because she didn't want her future known by anyone.
So yes, since both Cersei and Tyrion are much more reliable and pure in the TV show (and I'm happy) even their relationship, while not being obviously the best one it's far better than the books.

Icon
Old 05-25-2019, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the info
Old 05-25-2019, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

You're too kind. No problem.

I wouldn't mind doing a reading with you guys...It would be cool sort of like a book reading club

Icon
Old 05-25-2019, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Might be a good idea