Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

GOT Episode Discussion: 5x01 ~ The Wars To Come

Episode Discussion:

Yes! The new season has started..and that means lots and lots of posts! This thread is dedicated to the discussion of 5x01. Feel free to post about any part of the episode BUT. Future speculation or spoilers should be under a spoiler tag or avoided.

Enjoy!

Old 04-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Tftnt
Old 04-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for this!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That time of the year when I need a notebook to try and remember all the names .
Looking forward to the new season
Old 04-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'll be writing a Review on my tumblr. I will post down spoilers below line.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Nice start to the season!

Cool seeing a flashback in the episode first time they've done that..

The stuff at The Wall has been my fav SL of late and continues to be, Jon/Stannis scenes were great so were Jon/Mance scenes and that last scene glad Jon did what he did.

I liked the Dany scenes as well. The one with the dragons, they're really pissed. lol.
And the sons of the harpy

Varys/Tyrion always make for good scenes and they're going to see Dany

Brienne/Pod were so close to Sansa
Old 04-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Nice start to the season!

Cool seeing a flashback in the episode first time they've done that..

The stuff at The Wall has been my fav SL of late and continues to be, Jon/Stannis scenes were great so were Jon/Mance scenes and that last scene glad Jon did what he did.

I liked the Dany scenes as well. The one with the dragons, they're really pissed. lol.
And the sons of the harpy

Varys/Tyrion always make for good scenes and they're going to see Dany

Brienne/Pod were so close to Sansa
It makes me think that Brienne/Pod should do the time wrap to get to Sansa. She was close by a hair...no a field away from them.

I'm glad that Jon killed Mance before he started to scream bloody murder from being burned alive.

Baby Cersei and Maggy the Frog scene was on target from the book.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Baby Cersei and Maggy the Frog scene was on target from the book.
People are screaming bloody murder at the fact they cut the valonqar part of the prophecy though. I wasn't surprised, they make a habit of cutting all the prophecies that give "too much" away about the end. Makes sense.

I liked the premiere a lot. It was a good balance and flowed nicely.
I'm sure a lot of people were wondering who Lancel and Kevan were but what can you do?

I wish Arya had made it to the premiere because I can't wait for her arc this season but I waited this long, I can wait another week. I can.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Absolute Fan

After having found and fallen in love with the show through DVD, tonight was my first opportunity to watch LIVE, and what a way to start. There were a few places where I wish the story had been sped up, but Dany and Tyrion more than made up for that just on their own. Peter Dinklage rocks the scruffy beard about as well as anyone I've ever seen, and is playing Tyrion with just the right amount of sarcastic wit and world-weary ennui, and Emilia Clarke has really hit her stride as Dany. I'm not quite sold on her 'fling' with Daario, but I guess it is what it is.

I haven't been able to stand Varys up to this point, but he won me over tonight, mainly because of the way Conleth Hill delivered the line "Who said anything about HIM?". Even though the moment had been spoiled by the trailers, it was still brilliantly played. I cannot wait to see Dany's reaction to him, because she's probably the one person he can't manipulate.

It's probably too much to ask for for less Cersei, Stannis, and Melissandre, but I liked the stuff we got with Jon. His decision to kill Mance does have me worried that he could end up being one of the "alive in the books but dead on TV" character casualties that we know are coming, but there's really no other choice he could've made.

I'm getting sick of the writers perpetuating Sansa's stupidity because I want to like her character, so here's hoping they get her away from the ****** she's stuck with (Littlefinger) or at least start making her behave less passively and naively around him.

I wish we would've seen more Margaery in the episode, but I liked what we got, and am really intrigued by her "Perhaps" retort to her brother.

I'm really glad to be getting the chance to watch the show LIVE, although it's going to be hard waiting a week between episodes... although being able to come hang out here should hopefully mitigate some of the separation anxiety.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

Finally watched it

"You'll be Queen. For a while. Until there comes another, younger, more beautiful to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Never thought that this was Cersei and I was shocked to find out in a positive way. And guys I think this prophecy is meant to refer to Dany. What do you think?
Cersei is an interesting character but I still can't stand her. Lena Headey is doing a great job as usual. But anyone else thought Margaery/Loras/Olyvar was too long?

"The seven kingdoms needs a ruler loved by millions with an army and the right family name." "Good luck finding him." "Who said anything about him?"

YES YES YES! Just yes

Loved all the Dany scenes and Emilia's emotional acting. Wanted to cry during the dragons snapping at her but their reaction is understandable.
And Daario gets more and more sympathetic to me.

"The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted."

I wasn't shocked at all by his death and never thought he would make it that long with Stannis arriving. And Stannis gets more important in this episode than he was in all 3 seasons so far
Jon and Melisandre, just

Pod/Brienne and Sansa/Littlefinger was ok, but not that thrilling. I hope their paths will cross, they were so close.

And can't wait until Tyrion meets Dany!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Absolute Fan

^ I'm pretty sure that prophecy was referring to Margaery.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-13-2015, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

another popular theory is that the prophecy is referring to Sansa.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki92 (View Post)
Finally watched it

"You'll be Queen. For a while. Until there comes another, younger, more beautiful to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Never thought that this was Cersei and I was shocked to find out in a positive way. And guys I think this prophecy is meant to refer to Dany. What do you think?
Cersei is an interesting character but I still can't stand her. Lena Headey is doing a great job as usual. But anyone else thought Margaery/Loras/Olyvar was too long?

"The seven kingdoms needs a ruler loved by millions with an army and the right family name." "Good luck finding him." "Who said anything about him?"

YES YES YES! Just yes

Loved all the Dany scenes and Emilia's emotional acting. Wanted to cry during the dragons snapping at her but their reaction is understandable.
And Daario gets more and more sympathetic to me.

"The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted."

I wasn't shocked at all by his death and never thought he would make it that long with Stannis arriving. And Stannis gets more important in this episode than he was in all 3 seasons so far
Jon and Melisandre, just

Pod/Brienne and Sansa/Littlefinger was ok, but not that thrilling. I hope their paths will cross, they were so close.

And can't wait until Tyrion meets Dany!!!

I very much agree with your Review

Didn't like Mance Rayder but he didn't deserve that. Stannis is acting like the Mad King. And Melisandre totally makes me mad!
Old 04-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
another popular theory is that the prophecy is referring to Sansa.
Quote:
^ I'm pretty sure that prophecy was referring to Margaery.
It could mean Dany too. These are the only ones that could de-throne Cersei. Since Margaery is marrying Tommen. It could mean her.

They left out the little brother part of prophecy.