Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

GoT Episode Discussion {5x09}: The Dance Of Dragons

Episode Discussion:

Yes! The new season has started..and that means lots and lots of posts! This thread is dedicated to the discussion of 5x09. Feel free to post about any part of the episode BUT. Future speculation or spoilers should be under a spoiler tag or avoided.

Enjoy!

Old 06-07-2015, 06:01 PM
New Fan

Jon Snow, are you ready for the episode tonight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu50r2fDXhc

Just. Do. It.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I'll definitely have to rewatch...but initial reactions:

- Stannis. "You're my daughter." I see now that you are willing to sacrifice absolutely anyone to get the throne. No wonder you sent Davos away. The sacrifice probably worked, but I think he's cursed himself.

- I was honestly pretty angry at Dany through most of the pit fight. There was a couple times there, where even if she had called out to stop the fight..it would have been too late for Jorah. It obviously was painful for her to see him in there..but not painful enough to stop it. I know Jorah hurt her, but I feel like she betrayed him tonight. I honestly feel like she doesn't deserve him. Anyway, I relented on her somewhat when she took his hand. If she comes back next episode, I think she has forgiven Jorah.

- Drogon was awesome. I did think there was a bit of cheese at the end when she flew away, but really, what can you expect? Pretty hard to avoid that. But man, having a tame dragon would certainly get rid of your enemies, lol. I love that Drogon wanted to protect her, but he is still obviously not tame.

~Katie~
Old 06-07-2015, 07:02 PM
New Fan

Stannis is a horrible and selfish man. Any man that would murder his own daughter does not deserve to be a king. I hope Brienne rips his heart out.

Love the way Tyrion and Daenrys think so much alike.

The only problem with this show is that the season is to short.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

ok epiosde.

the ending was great but Shireen death overshadowed it.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode. I just wish it had been a bit less obvious when Dany was interacting with CGI in front of a green screen. It almost felt like to much money had been spent on the CGI last week. It's cool and all when the dragons look awesome, but the people around the dragons need to sort of blend in with them too

Her skin suddenly got almost orange when she went to mount Drogon.

How awesome wasn't that moment? I knew it was coming, but still. Wow

Jorah saving Dany. Oh yeah

Tyrion saving Missandei

Tyrion thinks that there is more to greatness than killing and violence. Where on earth have he been all of Dany's life. So many problems could have been avoided if he had been by her side instead of Viserys

I guess my theory that Hizdahr is the leader of the Sons of the Harpy is in tatters now. Although we didn't see his corpse.

It also seems like they sort of forgot about the Greyscale Jorah touched Dany multiple times. I wonder how they are gonna explain their way out of that one

The rest of the episode:

I almost though thought that Alliser Thorne wouldn't let Jon and the wildlings pass. Although the finale would be a little dull if he had let them stay on the wrong side

So cool to see everyone's jaw drop when they saw the giant.

And Jon felt so much sympathy for all the wildling who lost their lives. And he felt like he failed them

Dorne was a bit more bearable this time around. The change in Ellaria's character helped a lot. And it also helped to see the Sand Snakes interact a bit more as sisters instead of as B-Movie villains or sex objects. I still wish that Doran could have gotten more of their screentime, but maybe next season.

Stannis goes off the rails. I knew that they wouldn't back down from throwing Shireen under the bus. Something terrible always happens to a character that they make the audience feel that much sympathy for

I would still like for him to kick the Boltons ass before anything bad happens to him though

Don't hate me for this, but i am giving the edge to episode 8. This was an awesome episode. But it still lacked that little bit of extra that episode 8 had for me. It's way better than all the other episodes of the season though

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 06-07-2015 at 07:36 PM
Old 06-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Passionate Fan

I think Stannis is thinking the ends will justify the means. He probably thinks he is being selfless, because he is losing his daughter to save his army. But I don't believe in the end justifying the means. Your actions matter, and this is going to matter eventually. You can't do something like that and not pay for it eventually.

~Katie~
Old 06-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cannot believe that it's season finale next week. I want mooore!

Stannis had completely lost his mind in this "war." His heart could take watching his own child burned alive? Damn, he sold his soul to Melisandre.

Daenarys and Drogn.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Cool (View Post)

It also seems like they sort of forgot about the Greyscale Jorah touched Dany multiple times. I wonder how they are gonna explain their way out of that one
I thought it just spread if you touched the greyscale itself? Jorah has to pull up his sleeve to see it, so I don't think Dany came close to touching it.

Quote:
Don't hate me for this, but i am giving the edge to episode 8. This was an awesome episode. But it still lacked that little bit of extra that episode 8 had for me. It's way better than all the other episodes of the season though
I agree. It was good, but I don't think it was as cohesive or something, as 5x08.

~Katie~
Old 06-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Shocking, but then not really. A man who would kill his own brother to take the Iron Throne, could of course pull this off.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well that was one hell of a ep . From the burning alive of shireen as her parents watched was just unspeakable . As the soldiers warriors had to turn away as she was burned alive , was so powerful . The attack at the Coliseum on Danny /Tryesse Jorah , to being surrounded seemingly just waiting for their death . She calls her dragon , to watch as she flew away on the Dragon was a site to see . The effects , on my 65 plasma was spectacular .
Once again she defies death . She was the mother who saw her child being stabbed with spears , she went into protective mode , save her and dragon ..
Old 06-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Loved the episode!! Dany & Jorah and Dany & Drogon Jorah kicking a** Shireen though

Icon: Si_Crazy
Old 06-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

After this episode, I just....ugh, I don't even know what to say other than Book Stannis would never have done that. Melisandre would've had to go behind his back...

This episode also kind of well, disproved a semi-common book theory though.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_xTC (View Post)
After this episode, I just....ugh, I don't even know what to say other than Book Stannis would never have done that. Melisandre would've had to go behind his back...

This episode also kind of well, disproved a semi-common book theory though.
SMH... like what was the point of that scene in episode 4 for if this was the end goal

Old 06-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

caught the last 6 min of the ep,video cant be embeded it has to viewed only on YT due tpo copyright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1BELwymkPg