Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

GOT Episode Discussion {5x05}: Kill The Boy

Episode Discussion:

Yes! The new season has started..and that means lots and lots of posts! This thread is dedicated to the discussion of 5x05. Feel free to post about any part of the episode BUT. Future speculation or spoilers should be under a spoiler tag or avoided.

Enjoy!

Old 05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

24 minutes.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Now to find a link..
Old 05-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Had a house full so I only caught the last 30 min

Jorah!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sad for Jorah
Old 05-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

I hope they cure him soon.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

On it.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Ugh, why did they have to (book stuff)

Spoiler:
Old 05-11-2015, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
I hope they cure him soon.
Either he gets cured or they turn him into Quentyn Martell and he gets *ahem* Burned

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 05-11-2015, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Winterfell scenes kind of dragged a bit and also at the Wall there was a lot of talking but nothing really happene. But otherwise another good episode especially the finale scenes with Tyrion and Jorah. The last scene made me so worried

Loved all the Dany scenes and the dragons were AWESOME Liked Dany's character development and how she admitted her mistake. And Dany loves her dragons so much and won't give them up, such a great scene. She was so badass, loved it!
Grey Worm and Missandei, YAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Cool (View Post)
Either he gets cured or they turn him into Quentyn Martell and he gets *ahem* Burned
Both can be possible but right now I fear it's the second one
Old 05-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm curious to ask.. The part when Jon said "winter is coming", is this part from the book are biggest important since I don't read the book? Since it seems that they kept saying that ever since the show start..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I've always thought we were supposed to take the repeated mention of "Winter is Coming" (except when Robb would use it as a battle cry), to be both a reminder of how long and tough Northern Winters are, but to foreshadow that the army of Whitewalkers are coming soon.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Banned

Umm not sure about the Dany scenes tonight...they were dramatic to watch but burning people alive?? To similar to the mad king!! She just doesn't seem sure of herself at the moment, I hope she gets it back soon and then finally gets to Kingslanding!!

No Kingslanding at all tonight?? That's very unusal!

I read somewhere that in this episode Sansa had gone back to how she use to be, I didn't get that at all!! Her disgust shone through all the way through that meal scene. So glad she's got a way of letting Briene know she needs help!

Stannis continues to grow on me...really enjoyed his scene with Sam.

I love Jon every more each episode and really enjoyed Tormund being back in it interesting storyline.

Tyrion and Jorah that was a dramatic ending!
Old 05-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine7 (View Post)
Umm not sure about the Dany scenes tonight...they were dramatic to watch but burning people alive?? To similar to the mad king!! She just doesn't seem sure of herself at the moment, I hope she gets it back soon and then finally gets to Kingslanding!!
It's gonna get a lot worse for her. They have a big moment coming that they need to build up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_xTC (View Post)
I've always thought we were supposed to take the repeated mention of "Winter is Coming" (except when Robb would use it as a battle cry), to be both a reminder of how long and tough Northern Winters are, but to foreshadow that the army of Whitewalkers are coming soon.
That's how i see it too. It's a double-edged quote. It both means that winter the season is coming and that the embodiment of winter and things dying (the white walkers) are coming

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 05-12-2015, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine7 (View Post)

No Kingslanding at all tonight?? That's very unusal!

I read somewhere that in this episode Sansa had gone back to how she use to be, I didn't get that at all!! Her disgust shone through all the way through that meal scene. So glad she's got a way of letting Briene know she needs help!

Stannis continues to grow on me...really enjoyed his scene with Sam.

I love Jon every more each episode and really enjoyed Tormund being back in it interesting storyline.

Tyrion and Jorah that was a dramatic ending!
Dany did make me wince. She's reminding me of the Mad King. She might not enjoy burning people alive but I can't help but remember Barristan Selmy's quote on how the Mad King thought he was right until the end. Even when Jaimie drove a sword into his back.

Barristan Selmy for such an epic character - who had so much impact. I'm sorry, that send off was weak. I'm really peeved that they killed him in the first place but to then make it as though he was only a friend and advisor to Dany? Erm, no. He was the link as far as Dany knows that connected her to her family. He may not just have been a friend or advisor but I do think he became a father figure to her. It's just horrible
Her marriage won't bode well for anyone I mean the harder Dany seems to try the worse things get

Ramsay a dck as always. His treatment of Theon is always difficult to watch - Alfie Allen is a very talented actor. He can make you hate him or love him. I enjoyed his confrontation with Sansa. It was so devastating to watch Sansa see him as the murderer rather than Reek. But that dinner scene *shudders* such amazing acting! The actor who plays Roose is so so good. He doesn't have to speak to make you want to look at him. His disdain at Ramsay making a fool of himself was hilarious. It was obvious to Roose at least that Sansa has become a tough nut now. And the news of the pregnancy had Sansa laughing with glee

I hate how sympathetic they are trying to make Ramsay. Err, no. He's just a crazy btch. When the time comes he won't have a problem stabbing his father in the back of it means he can get to the Iron Throne himself. So all that devastation of him not knowing how he is conceived or even caring is bs.
Stannis - amazing as always! I like how we kinda understand his frustration in the Knight's Watch. He knows Jon Snow is leader material surrounded by emotional dunderheads. You can't win wars without hard decisions so good on ya Jon. And please don't let Aemmon die

Jorah nooooooooooo