Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
Every scene with Tyrion is an highlight for me. Doesn't matter with which character Tyrion is interacting, this guy simply rocks.
couldnt have said it better
thankfully D&D love him & the writers give him lots of great dialogue

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/game-of-thrones/wallpapers

Last edited by science girlfriend; 04-25-2014 at 07:01 AM
Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

yes, he does have the best dialogue, really love the wall paper, that's great art
Old 04-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i enjoy his scenes so much
Old 04-27-2014, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

great write up/spec about bb's initial fate/death in ASoIaF

Quote:
First off, I should specify since a bunch of people pointed out I was unclear. When I said “Lannister line” I meant Tywin Lannister’s line- the original one we were introduced to. I mean when Arya thinks poorly about the Lannisters, she’s not speaking of Martyn Lannister or whoever.

Anyway, we were introduced to the Stark vs. Lannister dynamic that really was Ned Stark’s family vs. Tywin’s family. Most people wouldn’t have included Benjen for instance in the initial dynamic. I honestly think if all of Tywin’s line dies out, it’s the same message as if all of the Lannister line dies out from my earlier post because most people just don’t care about say Janei Lannister. (Although, I kind of think Lancel is a goner and that many of the Lannisters could die anyway because, well, a lot of people are going to die.)

As for your point about Tyrion, well, I disagree. One, I think you might be confused at how some authors view favorites. You don’t spare a character because they’re your favorite, at least not necessarily. Tyrion dying a hero’s death after flying on a dragon could very easily be viewed as the ultimate ending for Tyrion in GRRM’s mind. So I wouldn’t connect favorite with sure thing. I think it may up the chances of characters, but it’s certainly not a given. I mean look at the Starks!

Quote:
Jen Louise says: Have you got a favorite House?

GRRM: Probably the Starks. After all, it all began with the Starks. [source]
His favorite house is the Starks… that sure helped Robb, Catelyn, and Ned a lot. Not to mention the hell the rest of them are going through. Rule of thumb is that the more you love a character, the more hell you put them through actually.

Second, I’m just going to be blunt, Tyrion’s old. Compare him to the rest of the main POVs who are still alive (Bran, Arya, Sansa, Jon, Dany.) The older ones (Ned and Catelyn) died for a reason. In fantasy series’, there’s no character in more danger than the mentor, parent, guardian, adult. Not the position you want to be in definitely. Tyrion’s always been a standout as the only older POV left. He’s avoided the all dreaded mentor role for a while, but actually now he wants to advise Dany- bad sign to be honest. But really more than that, these types of stories belong to the kids. I won’t say that Tyrion’s story was done from the get-go the way that Catelyn and Ned’s were for the most part (meaning they’d already survived a war, fell in love, and all that jazz,) but he’s significantly older than the rest. He’s not growing up and discovering himself the way all the other main POVs left are. Their journeys had just begun in AGoT while Tyrion’s hadn’t. He already understood the ~game, hell, he’d already been married, he’d long been named an adult by his society, ect.

You may be thinking that this is inconsequential, and I won’t fight you on that, but in my experience this is the biggest sign of doom in some ways. I’ll just leave it at that, if you disagree that’s cool, like I said I won’t fight you, but it worries me for more reasons than I’ll give here.

Third, I actually do think that Tyrion’s ending should be something like a blaze of glory. The way he’s set up, as an under appreciated, constantly humiliated, considered worthless by his society and so on man, a hero’s ending would be the ultimate ending. And to be honest, the whole self-sacrifice aspect of hero’s mean they often die. That’s not to say that I view characters who I think will live (like Arya and Bran) any less heroic, but it’s different. Tyrion’s constantly in a battle to prove himself (very similar to Jon, reminiscent of Arya actually) and illustrate his potential.

I feel like any ending for Tyrion that is less than spectacular would not measure up to the arc he’s been given. This need to prove himself- this guy always deemed the “halfman”, never enough, never given the worth he has, never able to fulfill his societal expectations, not even worthy of his birthright in his father’s eyes- requires some ultimate ending. But what? Reigning as king? Not really his style if you ask me (can’t go into details here, it would take too long.) Advisor for life to the ruler? Hand of the King/Queen? Been there, done that actually.

What could be the fulfillment of his arc then?

A favorite, a remarkable character, sometimes is greater than just living. Tyrion’s arc isn’t about survival the way that Arya, Bran, and Sansa’s are. It’s about his worth, the worth the world has never given him. I don’t believe surviving will mean he wins and succeeds. He’s always been great, he needs to reach that greatness. And if death is the ultimate result of that, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

But first GRRM will make sure no reader will ever forget Tyrion Lannister.
Tyrion IMO will live he is GRRM's favorite and it would allow the Lannister line to continue through the character the audience/readers love. Jaime/Cersei and their lot are totally dead and have been since the prophecy was revealed. - I'm a Direwolf

Old 04-27-2014, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

wow long interview, i'll read it now
Old 04-27-2014, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

its just a spec not an interview

jUst about to watch 'the Station agent'
Ive heard so much praise for Peter in that

Old 04-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

The trial will be next week. Tyrion and Jaime was awesome to watch. I missed those two very much and their scene made me wish we had more scenes of the two brothers.
Can't wait for another confrontation between Tyrion and Tywin/Cersei.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

TJ was precious
about time we are reminded they're bffs & lovng brothers

Old 04-30-2014, 05:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I absolutely love Jaime and Tyrion's brotherly love. I feel like they'll always be there for one another (until I guess one of them dies, which I am not acknowledging at the moment lol).

Tyrion's scenes are my favorite too.

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~
Old 04-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed their scene also, not really a fan of Jaime but he comes thru for Tyrion whenever possible and also he experienced being held so he can relate, eeep! I'm nervous for the trial.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

ugh the trial will be the death of me

& Jaime having to be against his own bro is a double No

Last edited by science girlfriend; 05-03-2014 at 12:38 AM
Old 05-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Cersei makes me so mad that she just wants to kill Tyrion.

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~
Old 05-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

She's a b****

idk
kinda spoilery trial gifs
Spoiler:

http://littlesati.tumblr.com/post/84...-truth-of-what

Last edited by science girlfriend; 05-03-2014 at 12:46 AM
Old 05-03-2014, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend