Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2019, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the video is summing up my exact feelings.

couldn't agree more with you guys!

and i guess many people fail to see that Bran is the real villain. he tells Sam to tell Jon about his parentage straight after Sam learns that Daenerys killed his father and brother. this starts to plant a seed of doubt in Sam and Jon's mind about Daenerys' capabilities as a ruler. this, in turn, makes Jon feel obligated to tell his siblings and Bran knowing that Sansa and Arya don't trust Daenerys, doesn't tell him not to. Sansa then tells Tyrion, who tells Varys, and then Varys begins to doubt Dany's sanity and then betrays her.

Bran, with all of his powers, also could have warned Daenerys and her advisors about the Iron Fleet and the damage it would have caused, but he didn't. he literally could have stopped Dany barbecuing King's Landing which killed hundreds of thousands of innocents. he manipulated the whole thing all to sit on the throne. also his two lines were very strong a hint that he knew it would come down to all of this.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Ok what an episode , i understand everyomes heistation

I wish it had more in a way . Dany dying so early in the episode well that was to soon . I felt the pace ofmthese episodes was off .

I did like thatnit came back around to the first episode sort of

Im happy for Sansa and Arya they got what they wanted . John in the end got hos people and not rule .

And well John saw Ghost yes !!

Yeah whyndid thendragon let Jon live?
Old 05-20-2019, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
They even wrote Drogon OOC. mad enough to melt the chair but let Jon live, yeah ok.
yeah, these animals killed people for simply looking in the wrong direction but he wouldn't fry the murderer of his mother sounds plausible...to no one

Old 05-20-2019, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hihihih

better
Old 05-20-2019, 06:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm dissatisfied with and frustrated by the ending of the series, but did want to say that everything stings a little bit less when you put the blame on Bran and the Children of the Forest.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-20-2019, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Aside from having so few scenes with the new Daenerys and the fact that I would have loved to watch what has happened between her death and the dragon pit's council...I have to say I liked it.

It was bittersweet to me.

Tyrion was amazing I was so so afraid he was going to die, and boy I cried when he saw his siblings with him. I had so much respect for him when he removed his pin. Thank you Peter. He fought and lost so many things because of the Iron Throne and never lost his willingness to do the best thing for the people. He would do well. This episode focused heavily on him and I'm really happy, it's been a long long time I have not loved this character so much.

The scene with Drogon was very emotional. I loved he burned down the iron throne by himself, and I feel this is some gold that will happen without a doubt also in the books.
I loved he spared Jon. To me, it felt like he knew Jon was in pain as well. They are smart creatures..or maybe his bond with Daenerys couldn't bring him to kill the man she loved.
I loved he flew away with her. I was really hoping they would have shown us Bran seeing him somewhere far away until the end...but whatever.

Jon, I didn't like many things for him in these last two seasons, and out of the respect I had for his character before I'll say I'm happy he's going North the Wall. And there was Ghost. I wish I could say I felt for him when he killed Daenerys but honestly in their scenes he always looked constipated...and I was sure he didn't even love her. But it turns out he loved her for real in the end...but I was a bit meh when he killed her at the end. I can't believe this is even the same character that shot at Mance out of mercy to spare him a miserable death. I will not say his resurrection was useless because he could get the help the North needed against the threat of the White Walkers and in the end, he eliminated the threat of fire from Westeros I suppose. Anyway, I'm happy he's happy now.

Sansa you achieved everything your brother and your mother were killed for. You've been beaten every time your brother won a battle for the North, you've been married twice for your claim to the North because people only saw in you a walking womb. You had to kiss the ass of the man who sold you to your rapist to take back your home. And you've done it. You're Robb heir. You've always been. Winterfell belongs to my sister Sansa Jon was proud of you too. Her dress was beautiful. I have wanted Brienne to be with her but amen.

I wish at least Arya stayed with her for the coronation, she could have started her journey right after lol, but whatever. I'm proud of Arya and this ending makes me very proud of her.

Bran can see everyone and everything, so yes, it makes sense he was chosen as a king. Good luck plotting anything against him. He's wise too, having the mind clear of weird feelings. I'm also a huge fan of history being used as a tool to build a better future.
I do not think he manipulated anyone...he's never talked to Daenerys at all, and told Jon it was his choice telling Sansa and Arya. I think he has some glimpse of the future most of the time, but my guesses are he can't precisely point out the finger and actually do something certain about it, otherwise, he wouldn't have been scared of the Night King in the Godswood. Every time he watched in the present he actually did warn the people involved (as warning the people of the Night King coming south close to Eastwatch by the Sea, about the dead Viserion, also about Jon, he wouldn't have even checked better if it weren't for Sam telling about the documents). I hardly believe he was manipulating anyone.
He had a vision of his future self on the throne and maybe he had it a few days after Daenerys was killed for what we know of how his powers work. He seemed dead serious in 8x04 when he told Tyrion he lived only in the past.

Brienne my brave girl. Thank you for filling Jaime's page. I cried. I feel sad you're not anymore with Arya or Sansa, but it's ok.

Davos may your love and understanding of the small folk never leave you and bless your honest soul. I love Stannis grammatical correction are still there.

Grey Worm I'm happy you are going to Naath. You went a bit bloody but I hope you'll find your peace again.

Bronn omg lol all right I have been kind of pissed at him most of the time, but indeed many noble houses probably started with this kind of person.

I think I got everything covered hopefully, I may have missed something but I'm very emotional now.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 05-20-2019 at 08:39 AM
Old 05-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
yeah, these animals killed people for simply looking in the wrong direction but he wouldn't fry the murderer of his mother sounds plausible...to no one
I think he udnerstood that dany became too dangerous, I think in the books the plot will gto the same route but will have proper character development and explain such things, it will probably be the whole last book just about the aftermath of winning against the knight king (who I believe wil also be introduced there) and Jon will be the one to kill him, either way I do believe dany going mad and the aftermath will have a whole book for itself.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Supreme Fan

SO,

- jon being revealed as a targaryen? POINTLESS

- the night king being hyped up as the biggest threat for 8 seasons? POINTLESS

- cersei being the original mad queen and being hyped up as the biggest human threat? POINTLESS

- jaime’s character development and 8-year long redemption arc? POINTLESS

- bran becoming the three-eyed raven? POINTLESS

- jon being brought back from the dead for a higher purpose? POINTLESS

- arya leaving braavos and instead choosing her family and home? POINTLESS

- the starks going through hell for years and years waiting to be reunited? POINTLESS because they were reunited for like 5 minutes before being separated again

- daenerys overcoming all the terrible things that happened to her, bringing magic back to the world, going from nothing to becoming one of the most powerful people on earth, pledging to break the wheel, learning the moral difficulties of ruling, trying hard not to be like her father? POINTLESS

BUT HEY AT LEAST BRONN GOT HIS CASTLE SO IT’S ALL GOOD
Old 05-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by just one dream (View Post)
SO,

- jon being revealed as a targaryen? POINTLESS

- the night king being hyped up as the biggest threat for 8 seasons? POINTLESS

- cersei being the original mad queen and being hyped up as the biggest human threat? POINTLESS

- jaime’s character development and 8-year long redemption arc? POINTLESS

- bran becoming the three-eyed raven? POINTLESS

- jon being brought back from the dead for a higher purpose? POINTLESS

- arya leaving braavos and instead choosing her family and home? POINTLESS

- the starks going through hell for years and years waiting to be reunited? POINTLESS because they were reunited for like 5 minutes before being separated again

- daenerys overcoming all the terrible things that happened to her, bringing magic back to the world, going from nothing to becoming one of the most powerful people on earth, pledging to break the wheel, learning the moral difficulties of ruling, trying hard not to be like her father? POINTLESS

BUT HEY AT LEAST BRONN GOT HIS CASTLE SO IT’S ALL GOOD
Best season ever
Old 05-20-2019, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)

To call this fanfiction would be a disservice to fanfiction. I've read so many stories that have been written and plotted better, that cares about characters rather than just hitting targets.
Fanfiction is sacred in my eyes, so yes, I believe no fanfiction writer ever would have written such a thing.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:57 PM
Moderator Manager

I liked it! The show's quality has been bad for a couple of seasons now, and of course I have complaints about pacing, executions and follow through with the storylines, but I think overall the ending was fitting for the show. Not happy, not completely sad, kind of hopeful for a better world starting from scratch.

So starting with Tyrion, Peter gave a stunning performance in the scene that he finds Jaime and Cersei's body I felt his pain, and I think that as much as he knew that it had happened, in that moment he was hit with the harsh reality that they both (his family) were gone. I always like the Lannisters' dynamics and after that emotional goodbye between him and Jaime, it was heartbreaking to see Tyrion crying.
I LOVE that he actually stood up to Daenerys by taking that Hand pin and throwing it away. He did commit treason, but at the same time so did she, she was his hope for a better world and she had said she wouldn't destroy cities and promised a better world. In that moment I was truly worried about him, I thought that was it and he would die.
His conversation with Jon is exactly what was needed to show that Daenerys wasn't bad to her bones, she just wasn't a hero. I think the show works greatly as an Origin of a villain because she had good intentions and she thought she was right, the problem was that with time the more powerful she got, the more she thought that only her wishes/decisions were right. It's a clear demonstration that power can corrupt. So I don't think she just went mad, I think she just felt superior than everybody else, hence me loving Tyrion's speech about everybody praising her the more she killed people she saw as threats/evil (I think that we only felt that way because we only saw things on her side, and never really got to know more about who were the people she was killing) and that giving her the sense of being right.
I did hate the part where he said he loved her... I mean where did that came from?! I never got that vibe out of him, more like admiration for her So in the end we can conclude that everyone on Dany's side loved her?! Jorah, Daario, Jon, Tyrion... they should've kept her not being this women that everybody falls for.

Emilia Clarke did an amazing job! And it was fitting that she didn't felt like she had done anything wrong, in her mind she was justifiable which is better than having her regretting her decision. I don't ship Jon/Dany, but their scene was amazing, for a moment I actually thought they would be able to work things out, and then her surprise look after Jon stabbed her and his reaction I felt sorry for them both.
I was a bit disappointed that there was no battle... the whole season was promising to have major battles and what we got was a battle in the dark where everything was so chaotic (and dark) that it was just a mess, then a battle that was just a massacre, and to defeat Daenery who were supposed to be the biggest thread we got nothing...

Drogon's pain and trying to wake Daenery was also so sad I thought he would kill Jon right there, but I guess he felt Jon was a Targaryen and also I think he could sense that Daenerys had changed since they got there, so him melting the Iron Throne was awesome! I've been wanting that since the beginning.

Now Jon... I am a bit disappointed that his whole heritage didn't serve for anything other than to cause relationship drama between him and Daenerys... for a guy that always struggled with the fact he was a bastard, I wanted to see more of him dealing with finding out that not only he wasn't a bastard, he just happened to be the son of two powerful housenames, even if he didn't want the throne.
I really love his ending, because that's what I was expecting for him, not true happiness with the woman he loved, not being in the throne, because let's face it Jon would be an awful king, he doesn't know politics, he has his heart probably in the right place and inspire trust, but he's easily manipulated so him not getting the throne was a good thing, he actually ended up being a leader of the Free Folk, which is where he probably felt most comfortable with throughout the whole series. And also and most importantly to me, he reunited with Ghost and his buddy Tormund
The reunion with Ghost was my everything!! Favorite part of the episode, and made up for their goodbye scene in 8x04
I have to say that it was very unbelievable that after he killed Daenerys, both the Unsullied and the Dothraki just decide to keep him as prisoner instead of killing him right there They were all so loyal to Daenerys that I just don't see how they would spare Jon's life and agree to have a bunch of strangers decide on his punishment.

Grey Worm going to Naath was a great ending for him... following the plans that he and Missandei had I hope he can find peace there and also help protect her people.
I do wonder how the Dothraki are going to adapt to the new reality of not being allowed to raid and kill people at will in Westeros.

Bran as the new king was a surprise for me! I did not see that coming, and I liked how it was a democracy like Sam suggested (poor guy, had the right idea but apparently to the wrong crowd) but it was as close to it as one would get since he can't have children and it was decided that the next king would be chosen like that from now on instead of just passed on by birthright.

Love that Sansa got to be Queen In The North, she deserved it (and this coming from someone that didn't like her at all), she proved she is a good ruler for a small people (I definitely didn't want her to be queen of the seven kingdoms), and kept true to her word that she wanted to North to be independent. It would suck if she just kept saying that while Daenerys was the Queen and as soon as one of her brothers (whether it was Jon or Bran) took the position she bend the knee. It was a bit sad that she did managed to become officially in charge of Winterfell, but in a way ended up by herself.

Arya's ending was my favorite! I've always wanted her to go on adventures, and that line of hers wanting to sail west of Westeros was always something I could see her doing It fits her, I couldn't imagine her living in Winterfell just doing nothing under Sansa's command, or being in Westeros participating in politics or even with Gendry being a lady... she has always been a free spirit and I'm glad that the character was kept like that till the end. BTW i would totally watch a spin off of Arya's adventures

This was a sort of happy ending for all Starks and I couldn't be happier because of it. After following their trajectory all these years, I like that they've all made it in the end.

I was so happy to see Brienne being in charge of the King's guard and having made Pod a knight I was a bit disappointed that she wasn't neither with Arya nor Sansa as she had promised to guard them, but I like that she's living her dream. And very high of her to fill in Jaime's story, even if it's her duty now to fill those pages, I like how she preserved his memory in a dignifying way. She was too good for him.

Davos being part of the small council also made me happy! He is loyal and smart! He thinks of the greater good without being too naive

And Sam is the grandmaester He also deserved that.

I was surprised to see Bronn being part of the council Maybe it was for comic relief, but yeah I didn't care about him... it was nice that he finally got his castle and title.
And we'll never get to hear the joke about Tyrion's going to a brothel with a jackass and a honeycomb

The show was never really about one character, it was more about the realm and how people deal with power and consequences, so I'm satisfied, not the best ending, but definitely not the worst.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After reading this Thread, you all came up with some very great points.

I have mixed feelings about S8 and I'm not really sure how I feel about how things ended up. I have always been #TeamStark and #TeamWolf which led to #TeamJon and have waited 8 seasons for the Starks to finally reunite only to have them all end up in entirely different directions. I feel sad about that.

I watched Jon go from Bastard being sent to the Wall to seeing his development of gaining the trust and respect from those around him. Although he never wanted to be a leader, he was a natural and those around him consistently rallied behind him. I believe it was a total waste of character development just to have him back where he started and for that I am pissed. He deserved better.

I also felt that Cersi got off too easy. He was a horrible person and deserved so much worse than to die in the arms of her lover/brother. Some folks may say she paid enough with the loss of her children, but IMO she is largely responsible for all of their deaths in her pursuit to power. Each of their deaths were a result of something she did.

Bran becoming King is something that I did not see coming and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I get that his emotions won't control his actions, but on the other hand, what did he ever do to earn the trust of those he's about to lead. Whatever, I don't really have an opinion.

I liked that Breanne finished Jamie's story and I'm glad it said more than just King Slayer as mentioned in a previous season. I really felt bad for Tyrion when he came across Jamie and Cersi's bodies. It makes him the last of his family.

Although I was happy for Sam, I was a little disappointed that he either didn't make claim to his Title and that he and Jon never stayed together. They were awesome friends and I loved how they supported each other.

I had to chuckle over the table discussions at the end. I know some of you felt it was a joke, but what I saw was a group of people that earned the respect of the person beside/around them and in some form or another, were friends and other than Bronn being a sell sword and always looking for his next big score. However, he did say he had more than he needed, so I think his days of wanting more are over and you can't deny that he and Tyrion were friends and remained friends, after all he was sent to kill him and chose not to.

Sir Davos has always had my respect as well as Breanne, so I was glad to see them at the table. When you really think about it, everyone of them at the table had a good heart, so the future Dany wanted for the people may actually happen.

I think Sansa earned her title as Queen of the North and I absolutely loved her dress. I loved the detail of the beading.

I'm not sure how I feel about Arya leaving. She spent most of the series away from home and I was so glad when she got back.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I have to say that it was very unbelievable that after he killed Daenerys, both the Unsullied and the Dothraki just decide to keep him as prisoner instead of killing him right there They were all so loyal to Daenerys that I just don't see how they would spare Jon's life and agree to have a bunch of strangers decide on his punishment.
Escaped death twice in one episode. that Plot Armor is real thick for Jon. lol
Old 05-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Escaped death twice in one episode. that Plot Armor is real thick for Jon. lol
After being constantly killed in the early seasons, their plot armor in later seasons got super thick for all starks.

Last edited by Arrakis; 05-21-2019 at 09:24 AM
Old 05-21-2019, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My favorite

Thanks for nothing Bran.

EC | ADC