Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Bruh lord of the six kingdoms

What happened to this show.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

Lots of complaints about Dany becoming "mad" so suddenly but to me it is just as bad we never got to experience more of this new Dany before she was killed. How changed has she become? Is she really mad? This whole finale plot line should have been plotted differently so we could get to know this new Dany. She went mad suddenly and then died a few scenes later. I hated that.

But seriously, Bran? The emotionless cyborg? And then he was acting like he knew he'd be King. To me it feels like he almost wanted everything to happen as it happened.

Also they managed to make me hate Tyrion.

Drogon was magnificent! Grey Worm too. The rest was underwhelming.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

the biggest joke to me is that Bran is king (he saw it coming, he brought his own chair with him lol) and Bronn has master of coin. are you kidding me?

and i feel like the only one being punished for all this **** is Jon.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So let me get this straight…

The whole reason to bring Jon back from the death, was for him to reject Daenerys, so she would feel abandoned by everyone, so she would choose fear over love? They did her dirty. They did him dirty. He started out as a titleless bastard and then became the King of the North and later on discovers he's actually the heir to the Iron throne, only to end up a titleless bastard again.

And are we going to ignore the fact, that Bran pretty much played everyone, so he would become a king. He gave just enough information, do he could make people make the right moves. He played the game, and other characters were hus pawns.

And Sansa. Her big mouth was the nail to Daenerys' the coffin. And she gets a crown as a reward?

I wonder what was the 'sweet' part in this bittersweet ending. To me, it just seems like a season, that's filled with Stark fan service (minus Jon obviously).

It seems that no other house mattered. Only house that mattered, was the Disney-family of GOT: the Starks.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
Lots of complaints about Dany becoming "mad" so suddenly but to me it is just as bad we never got to experience more of this new Dany before she was killed. How changed has she become? Is she really mad? This whole finale plot line should have been plotted differently so we could get to know this new Dany. She went mad suddenly and then died a few scenes later. I hated that.
Given the way everything played out, I think it might've been better if The Battle of Winterfell had been the big S7 finale, and then we spent S8 with the reveal of Jon's parents and showing the Westerosi become more and more concerned with Dany leading up to the attack on King's Landing.

I mean, S7 wasted a lot of time mining dragonglass and hunting for wights which was mostly pointless in the end.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

after Drogon melted the throne, it started to feel very differently (okay the entire show felt weird before but even more so after) so Westeros goes for a ceremonial King without succession line, who is chosen by the lords? in addition: why would the South choose a Stark, when even the North doesn't, especially when nobody knows Bran, and besides that he doesn't want it, has no other qualification for ruling (which is maybe not the best qualification either)? maybe to avoid themselves battling each other for the succession, but then they could have just as well chosen another Targaryen… or more likely, each kingdom independent. but Tyrion played them well, faking his non-interest to become Hand of the King. it really made me dislike him so much in the end.

and if Bran steered everyone to get this outcome, he is a war criminal too.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
after Drogon melted the throne, it started to feel very differently (okay the entire show felt weird before but even more so after) so Westeros goes for a ceremonial King without succession line, who is chosen by the lords? in addition: why would the South choose a Stark, when even the North doesn't, especially when nobody knows Bran, and besides that he doesn't want it, has no other qualification for ruling (which is maybe not the best qualification either)? maybe to avoid themselves battling each other for the succession, but then they could have just as well chosen another Targaryen… or more likely, each kingdom independent. but Tyrion played them well, faking his non-interest to become Hand of the King. it really made me dislike him so much in the end.

I found this all to be a bit of a mess. Why was it necessary for the north to be independent at this point, once Bran was made king? It seemed like it was just so they could make Sansa queen of the north at the end, which I actually found a bit grating. I never particularly liked Sansa as a character, I've found her inconsistent when they changed the arc of her character around S5.

I wish in the end that Bran had been orchestrating everything from the start. There were leaks before the finale that suggested he was actually a continuation of the Children of the Forest's war on humanity, and I wish something like that had happened to help make this confused season make more sense, and tie it together with other parts of the mythology they abandoned along the way.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Three Eyed Raven sought the help of tribes of men to destroy a weapon the COTF created to push back against destructive, violent tribes of men.
The same tribes of men COTF had welcomed in the men's hour of need.
The creation of NK/Others was an act of desperation.
Can a man be brave and fear.
Bran Stark's question holds more significance than ever before. The answer is yes. The COTF and their greenseers did something brave out of fear. But that had horrid consequences for an entire planet.
Now in the last chapter, the greenseer, 3ER, has found a weapon, as prophecised, to wage war against their enemy, the tribes of men. The Promised Princess and her Lightbringer.
CONCLUSION
If Bran is appointed the king, by weakened tribes of men, it would mean the Children of the Forest and their greenseers have won!
It would mean their last great greenseer, the Three-Eyed Raven, has taken back Westeros, their home, for them.
The Children of the Forest have won the War for Dawn! Dawn Age is the time when Westeros belonged to the Children. Hence, the war is called, "War For Dawn."
If they win the war, it is also a Time for Wolves (GRRM original name for the last book). (Wolves, warging are also strongly associated with greenseers & COTF.
But not a single COTF is alive to see this victory. ( Bittersweet ending)
I don't mind posting this as an answer every two seconds at all. Bran's motives so mysterious.

Quote:
omg...THANK YOU!

They're idiots and even though he flat out said he came down to KL to be king, no one found that just a wee bit suspicious. Nor did anyone care that he asked about Drogon. Well, except for Bronn. He didn't get why it even mattered. Drogon was dangerous, but nope. Bran wanted to warg into his mid so he could find out where Drogon is. He pretended he had no interest in anything, but because he's in a wheelchair, everyone thinks he's harmless and ineffective.

The Stark fanservice is ridiculous and multiple spoilers had painted Bran and the season's actual big bad. Stupid D&D.

Quote:
And are we going to ignore the fact, that Bran pretty much played everyone, so he would become a king. He gave just enough information, do he could make people make the right moves. He played the game, and other characters were hus pawns.
I don't get why anyone could ignore it. We were all so focused on Sansa being Littlefinger that none of us thought to look at Bran at all. He gave Arya that dagger because he knew she'd save him. He died in that cave and Meera was useless to him after he got home. "Bran" is a weapon that the COTF made to give mankind the finger. He was more than happy to manipulate everyone. He needed Dany's dragons and he needed Jon to kill the woman he loves. He sent Jon away because he didn't want any Targaryen ruling the throne. Only the person who could cause the most destruction won.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 05-20-2019 at 12:07 AM
Old 05-20-2019, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Bran knew this would happen. meaning he knew Dany would slaughter thousands.

and he did nothing.

long may he ****ING reign.

the more i think about Bran the angrier i get. i mean if you think about it for longer than a few seconds you realize what a horrific twat he is. he can basically see the future, so he would have known that Jon telling the sisters would be the final step causing Danny to snap and burn a million people to death, all so he himself could end up king.

Last edited by Heda_Khaleesi; 05-20-2019 at 12:10 AM
Old 05-20-2019, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
Bran knew this would happen. meaning he knew Dany would slaughter thousands.

and he did nothing.

long may he ****ING reign.

the more i think about Bran the angrier i get. i mean if you think about it for longer than a few seconds you realize what a horrific twat he is. he can basically see the future, so he would have known that Jon telling the sisters would be the final step causing Danny to snap and burn a million people to death, all so he himself could end up king.
If he didn't set things in motion so Jon would wind up killing Dany ad she and her dragons would kill people, he'd never be in charge. Humans would get to be happy. The COTF wouldn't get their revenge.

He wanted Sam to be the one to do it to manipulate him, not because he was a cripple. I didn't really know if Bran as the villain would work,but him being king is so messed up.

What's kind of funny is that the COTF and Bloodraven aren't here to see what their handiwork resulted in. If the show had continued, he would have found Drogon and taken control like the Night King did with Viscerion.

Quote:
The three-eyed Raven insistence that Jon be told the truth about his parentage is to ensure that the tribes of men don't rally around a new queen & king.
I found this part to be the most disturbing.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Something that boggles my mind is how the finale felt like both the most rushed thing in the world and yet also like a deathly slow trudge through some torturous swamp. There was SO MUCH TALKING and random exposition that didn't make up for the gaps in the plot at all. It was as if they were trying get the characters to convince us of everything rather than showing it properly over a more fleshed-out season. Tyrion tells Jon that Dany is a tyrant? Okay cool, Jon kills Dany IMMEDIATELY rather than waiting to see how things play out during her rule. Tyrion says stories matter and therefore Bran should be king? Okay cool, everyone votes Bran king OUT OF NOWHERE just because Tyrion made a cute speech. Brienne writes Jaime's good deeds in the White Book? Okay cool, never mind that he didn't have a satisfying redemption arc, she becomes the plot device that makes him the hero even though he allegedly didn't care about the innocents.

Don't get me start with useless Bran now.

To call this fanfiction would be a disservice to fanfiction. I've read so many stories that have been written and plotted better, that cares about characters rather than just hitting targets.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
Something that boggles my mind is how the finale felt like both the most rushed thing in the world and yet also like a deathly slow trudge through some torturous swamp. There was SO MUCH TALKING and random exposition that didn't make up for the gaps in the plot at all. It was as if they were trying get the characters to convince us of everything rather than showing it properly over a more fleshed-out season. Tyrion tells Jon that Dany is a tyrant? Okay cool, Jon kills Dany IMMEDIATELY rather than waiting to see how things play out during her rule. Tyrion says stories matter and therefore Bran should be king? Okay cool, everyone votes Bran king OUT OF NOWHERE just because Tyrion made a cute speech. Brienne writes Jaime's good deeds in the White Book? Okay cool, never mind that he didn't have a satisfying redemption arc, she becomes the plot device that makes him the hero even though he allegedly didn't care about the innocents.

Don't get me start with useless Bran now.

To call this fanfiction would be a disservice to fanfiction. I've read so many stories that have been written and plotted better, that cares about characters rather than just hitting targets.
I totally agree ... I was sitting through the ep while they were slow-walking through the ruins of KL, or watching Tyrion straighten chairs, and wonder why they hadn't spent those precious moments better.

I agree with the discussion between Jon and Dany being a bit sudden, I wish at least those two had had a longer conversation which showed Jon struggle more until it became clear that he had to kill Dany to save Westeros.

I liked the scenes between Jon and Tyrion, but the speech Tyrion gave that council was ridiculous as was the council itself - Bran should be king because he knows good stories?! And we're supposed to be happy that the likes of Edmure Tully and Robin Arryn are selecting the new king? And that letting the people participate is just a joke (I'm a bit shocked that that was played for laughs - wasn't part of the problem with the "game of thrones" that the smallfolk were the ones that suffered while the great lords played their games)?
Old 05-20-2019, 01:10 AM
Master Fan

Grace gets so much spot on about this.

This episode was frustrating but I really appreciate her pointing out that the overall message was "The wheel is okay" and it doesn't need to be broken at all. It just keeps existing with new mediocre white and mostly male people in charge.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

All the leaks? True. 100% true.

Jon kills Dany. Drogon just flies off with her body and doesn't kill Jon.

Every arc is dead after this season. I, like many other, think of that petition to redo the season as a joke and nothing will come of it. But with 1,000,000 signatures to it, HBO would do well to consider it.

There is NOTHING redeeming of this season other than the acting and graphics.

Every character arc? Dead.

White Walkers? What a joke. "Winter is coming". They died in their first real battle. Absolute laughing stock.

Jon Snow? His entire arc of finding who his mother is and his parentage is reduced as a plot device to destroy Daenerys. We get no true indication of his feelings. We don't even see his sister's reactions other than Sansa is going to go behind his back after promising.

Jaime? His character development? Gone. He dies the same character he was from season 1, minus the arrogance.

Daenerys? Yup, a forced and rushed plot line. Listen, I have no problems with a "dark" Daenerys. I don't. There definitely was foreshadowing. But foreshadowing is NOT character development. There was ZERO indication that she would murder and massacre innocents. For every time she foreshadowed "burning cities to the ground" she also countered it with clearly stating that she would not target innocents.

Sorry, but this season leaves a bitter taste in a avid fan's mouth. In Breaking Bad, you could see Walter's descent into a villain and he gets his due justice at the end. You can rewatch Breaking Bad and pick on the clear development. Not here in Game of Thrones.

Shame on you Dan and Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)

Grace gets so much spot on about this.

This episode was frustrating but I really appreciate her pointing out that the overall message was "The wheel is okay" and it doesn't need to be broken at all. It just keeps existing with new mediocre white and mostly male people in charge.
Also this is the best video review I saw!
Old 05-20-2019, 02:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie12345 (View Post)
Jon kills Dany. Drogon just flies off with her body and doesn't kill Jon.
They even wrote Drogon OOC. mad enough to melt the chair but let Jon live, yeah ok.