Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I hope she managed to retrieve the body and do a proper burial or whatever they did. Missandei deserved it.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
Through all of this... did Dany even get Missandei's body/head and have any sort of memorial or anything??
I've been wondering this. I thought that's what she would've done.
If she did. They sure didn't show

David Benioff thinks it’s justifiable that Daenerys went mad after 7 seasons of being a just ruler who freed others from enslavement, NEVER put herself in the position to risk the lives of innocents, and valued the voice of the people, because “ultimately she’s a Targaryen”; yet Jon Snow, also a TARGARYEN, is somehow immune to this predisposed genetic disease because… he’s a man?

Old 05-13-2019, 03:25 PM
Moderator Manager

^ that's not why he isn't predisposed to that. Daenerys is a daughter of inbreeding, which highers the chance of recessive alleles which is why it's more common for them to have genetic disorders. It's biology, not misogyny
Old 05-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
^ that's not why he isn't predisposed to that. Daenerys is a daughter of inbreeding, which highers the chance of recessive alleles which is why it's more common for them to have genetic disorders. It's biology, not misogyny
Si, I would buy that if that was the agenda they were pushing but they weren't the moment Jon parentage came out all you heard was he'd be a better king because he's a man nothing about Dany being a product of inbreeding was mention this season.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Moderator Manager

That's fair enough. You asked about the why dany was more predisposed to get mad than jon that's why i answer.

I don't even think Jon should be in the throne
Old 05-13-2019, 04:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I know the answer why. I'm just saying yes it's higher for Dany to turn out crazy because of the inbreeding but Jon is Targaryen too. So that gene should factor in somehow but it's never mentioned for him only Dany.

He doesn't even want it yet they're trying to force it on him.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Just to clarify (I know it's not bio class), but recessive alleles works as a person receive one of each parent, so it's not a Targaryen gene, it's the conjunction of 2 recessives... If there is one Dominant from the parent, then the recessive is useless.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:28 PM
Graphics Team

Honestly, I guess none of them would be on the Iron Throne.
If Jon doesn't want it, and I liked Dany before, but the writers just made her into the villain, so I don't think she should be on the throne either.

I honestly would've wanted Jon OR Dany to take it, but now I'm not even sure.

But anyway, isn't all that destroyed? I thought the throne was in the Red Keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
^ I hope she managed to retrieve the body and do a proper burial or whatever they did. Missandei deserved it.
I hope so too. I wish they would've showed it though. We saw her talk about Missandei, but nothing else.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I don't think it got destroyed because we didn't see it... I imagine the throne is in the center of the Red Keep and it's probably still there

That's the problem with the last two seasons, since everything is so rushed, they don't have time to show the repercussion and/or outcome of some big events
Old 05-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Graphics Team

I don't mean the throne per say, but the room it's in? I think all, or most of the Red Keep is gone?

What to even do now that everyone in KL is dead? and it's a bunch of rubble
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I think it's still there. it probably gonna look like dany vision in the house of the undying

everyone in KL isn't dead a lot yeah but not everyone.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Wtf? I thought it was someone in the Golden company,not Jon's people. The way he killed that guy made me think it was the enemy. That's horrific and they really should know better. Their lords valued honor and I thought their vassal's did, too.
You mean the vassals that helped the red wedding or the vassals that murdered the captured lannister children. I mean to it was sad but not very shocking. These things happen all the time in many battles past and present in our world too. It‘s very sad, but quite typical human behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Si, I would buy that if that was the agenda they were pushing but they weren't the moment Jon parentage came out all you heard was he'd be a better king because he's a man nothing about Dany being a product of inbreeding was mention this season.
Indeed plus from the lannister men both tyrion and jaimie are reasonable even tywin was, but cersei a woman is also pretty mad. In the other leaked ep 5 version where dany doesn‘t go mad cersei goes mad and blows up kings landing and kills everyone to put blame on dany and don‘t allow her to get KL.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Indeed plus from the lannister men both tyrion and jaimie are reasonable even tywin was, but cersei a woman is also pretty mad. In the other leaked ep 5 version where dany doesn‘t go mad cersei goes mad and blows up kings landing and kills everyone to put blame on dany and don‘t allow her to get KL.
Oh wow that would have been so much better if they went with that. it pretty much fits what's been happening all these seasons.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

i have watched GoT for eight years of my life, and all i ever wanted was for the Mother Of Dragons to destroy the evil iron throne with dragonfire, break the wheel, end the game of thrones, and bring peace and hope to the seven kingdoms and beyond. i am sad.

what the hell is wrong with those writers?!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 05-13-2019, 08:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Last night was just ... disappointing. I'm angry with the decimation of Jaime's character arc. I wanted it to be Brienne who visited him in the prison so that they could talk and he could at least explain himself better, confirm that he loved her and what his true intent was. So much for that . The only scenes I enjoyed were the Jaime/Tyrion brotherly scenes and the Sandor/Arya farewell.

I lost every ship I ever had on this show (either romantic ship/BroTPs, etc). While the show is not about shipping (which I get), it does make it enjoyable to enjoy the interactions the characters have with each other and the way the actors connect in different ways with each other in different moments.

Luckily, there's fanfic.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)