Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2019, 07:08 AM
Moderator Manager

Episode Discussion 8x04 "The Last of the Starks" (5th May 2019)

Some reminders
- No spoilers for future episodes or discussions based on spoilers,
we have a Spoiler Board for a reason.
- Please respect each other's opinion and view.
- No bashing on actors or crew members.

SPOILER POLICY

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 05-10-2019 at 10:23 AM
Old 05-05-2019, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 05-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT

Can't wait!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Moderator Manager

No problem

Me neither
Old 05-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Tftnt
Old 05-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

I want to scream, I really do. We had some shipper moments, but this episode is . We lost Rheagal and Missandei, Jaime screws Brienne(literally), Varys and Tyrion plot against Dany and Sam and Billy chose to go North instead of him taking back his house.

Thank god some of the Dothraki lived, but it was so racist. The thing with Brienne was misogynist as hell. Tormund deserved her a lot more, even if he was an idiot. Jon and Dany have all this tension because he chose to be Jon and tell Sansa and Arya the truth. It's like this whole episode was one big giant crap on her.

I've been on Team Jon more than her because of how her initial behavior was, but she managed to gain some cheers from the North. She made Genry legitimate, even if it was for political reasons. She's a much better choice than Cersei and it hasn't even the big episode yet.

Sansa has basically been right about everything so far, except her mistrust of Dany. She's getting advice from people who are torn between her and Jon and only one of them is faithful. I don't care if Cersei is pregnant anymore.

This episode has basically been two strong women being crapped on and racism.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Website Manager

Dany was right though, Sansa did go and tell other people. I feel like Arya probably will keep it to herself.

I wonder if Arya will go back to Gendry if she manages to survive what she is going to do. It'll be nice to see more of Arya and the Hound. Hoping we see Nymeria again.

As far as Cersei being pregnant, wouldn't Euron think it's weird that Tyrion knows about the baby when they haven't had any communication since that happened? I dunno.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Apparently David and Dan don't care if millions upon millions of people hate them and start sending them death threats because they've tripled down on a storyline that is only going to piss people off, and I now feel foolish for believing that they understood their audience and actually cared to avoid the damage to their own personal reputations.

It's clear now, though, that they don't and are hellbent on deliberately antagonizing their audience, and it causes me to lose what respect I had for them as storytellers.

There is absolutely no reason for there to be a simmering and stewing conflict brewing between Danaerys and Jon other than petty melodrama, and yet that's where we are and are clearly going to stay despite all common sense saying that this storyline shouldn't exist.

I was greatly let down by the final episode of Westworld Season 2, and now Game of Thrones is heading in that same direction and it honestly robs the series of its 'enjoyment factor'.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Was thrilled about Jaime/Brienne, but the whole parting at the end ... . Watching the goodbye between Jorah and Dany made me cry . Seriously. I better stock up on kleenex by the final ep. Seems like all the ships are meant to go down on this show .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-05-2019, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Was thrilled about Jaime/Brienne, but the whole parting at the end ... . Watching the goodbye between Jorah and Dany made me cry . Seriously. I better stock up on kleenex by the final ep. Seems like all the ships are meant to go down on this show .
I want to ing kill him. He took her virginity and acted like he cared to just tell her that he is an after all and he's just like Cersei. I kind of want some of the spoilers to come true.

Jorah was the only person in the world who truly loved her unconditionally. Jon places his family first, which is why his paternity isn't a secret anymore. Why wouldn't Sansa say anything if she doesn't want Dany in charge?

Spoiler:

I'll never watch the prequel. It's going to be a piece of crap if this is any indication of how the season is going to end up.

I would like it if Arya went back to Gendry after this is all over. I want her to kill Cersei. Jaime has proven to be an ass like we all thought he was.

I wish I could send them those packages you can buy where a large animal's poop craps on their door, along with a message.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Ugh! This episode

Dany give em what they're looking for. burn them all
Old 05-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Website Manager

As for Arya's list. She has 3 potential names left... Cersei, The Mountain, and Ser Ilyn Payne (Not mentioned since Season 4, seen Season 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I'll never watch the prequel. It's going to be a piece of crap if this is any indication of how the season is going to end up.
Is it going to be the same people in charge of it?

Quote:
Why wouldn't Sansa say anything if she doesn't want Dany in charge?
I def get why she would want others to know if this is where the story is heading. After the Mountain killed Missandei (and losing another dragon earlier), I got vibes of things probably not going well for King's Landing.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Ugh! This episode

Dany give em what they're looking for. burn them all
Seriously-Why do they keep killing off people of color?! WTf?!

Must Westeros be completely lily-white? Would it be that bad if one of them lived?

This is a giant red flag and they do want Dany to lose.

As far as I know, D&D are going to be on the project. Sansa will be able to drum up a lot more support if she says that it's to support the true male heir to the throne. I wanted them to rule together, but of course the women in this show aside from Sansa and Arya have to get screwed over.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

what did i just watch...?!

tonight's episode pretty sucked for all women in that show! literally! it continued to pit Sansa against Dany, it made Sansa break her word to Jon, it had a male character take Brienne's virginity and leave her in the dust, it constantly tried to demonise Dany and make her into the "mad queen" she's never wanted to be. it turned her advisors against her in favour of Jon, the "good loyal male hero". it killed off Missandei, the only main female character of colour purely for shock value.

worst episode of GOT
Old 05-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
what did i just watch...?!

tonight's episode pretty sucked for all women in that show! literally! it continued to pit Sansa against Dany, it made Sansa break her word to Jon, it had a male character take Brienne's virginity and leave her in the dust, it constantly tried to demonise Dany and make her into the "mad queen" she's never wanted to be. it turned her advisors against her in favour of Jon, the "good loyal male hero". it killed off Missandei, the only main female character of colour purely for shock value.

worst episode of GOT

I assumed Sansa would break her word, though. She doesn't think he knows how to make good decisions and she isn't blinded by honor like he is. She's very pro-patriarchy, despite what an amazing leader she's turned out to be.

I think anyone who isn't white and doesn't have a penis will live, except for Arya and Sansa. I mean, who cares about anything aside from the status quo? So much for the women being the real heavyweights. I think they had Arya save the day because they knew this s**storm was coming out way.

Spoiler: