Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Moderator Manager

I like the quiet before the storm we got in this episode! With so much going on it was nice to have an episode where we got to see what is going on with all the characters before the big war.

I LOVE that Brienne spoke up in Jaime's defense and that Sansa supported her based on the trust she has in Brienne.
Then Jaime wanting to be under Brienne's command and knighting her was so awesome because it was his way of validating the great fighter and person she is
Speaking of her becoming a knight, I LOVE it! She totally deserves it and her emotion was stated in her face when she rose up Best part of the episode!
Tormund has got to be my favorite He has such a huge crush on Brienne that I can't help but ship it. And we can count on him to turn a nice moment into an awkward one with his stories... one of his friends need to teach him how to flirt I love the fact that he doesn't perceive women as weaker than men, and in fact likes Brienne for the fact that she is powerful.
It was really nice to have scenes with that group together, with the small talks

I really liked Sansa in this episode, I think she showed intelligence without passing off as too cocky. Her interaction with Daenerys was really great on her part because she played the game very well, because to me Daenerys felt a bit fake with "we powerful women doing great ruling and I was the one being manipulated" speech but Sansa went along to see where she was taking the conversation and then clearly raised the question of what would happen after with them, which I think should be asked now .
Theon being back and his reunion with Sansa was so emotional! I like how he's trying to redeem for what he did to the Starks now.

As for Daenerys, things aren't easy for her, and she clearly is not satisfied with Tyrion as her Hand, and then finding out about Jon's heritage and not having the time to process. I just hope she doesn't go all paranoid and start to think that everybody is conspiring against her.

I was not expecting Arya to sleep with Gendry! I was hoping for more flirting and scenes together, but Arya went straight to the point It's nice that she already knows about Gendry's lineage too.
The scene with her throwing those blades to show him she is quite capable of fighting was priceless, specially his face and how he hurried up to finish her weapon after that

We got to see Ghost again! And Jon, Edd and Sam together. That was very nostalgic and very poetic that in the final fight they'll be side by side again.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
We also got to see Ghost again.
We did, when???
Old 04-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
We did, when???
Spoiler:

During a conversation Jon and Sam were having.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

That picture is super-dark. I can barely see anything.

I'm glad the truth is out,but I'm surprised that neither of them care about the incest. Jon should because he's a Stark.

I loved all the unlikely conversations and scenes between characters. Arya owned his episode and Gendrya was so hot. I want them to get married if they survive.

Everything about Brienne was awesome. Tormund really needs to understand women better. I mean, he just keeps putting her off. Jaime is there and he keeps winning because he knows her and he gets women better.

I'm always on Team Sansa. I did feel bad for Dany,but I disliked how she behaved when they talked. At first I thought they'd hash things out,but then she started being stupid. Sansa should rule Westeros.

I didn't realize Arya had a nude scene. I didn't catch it at all. But it's their last night, so she has to seize the moment. I didn't see Ghost, either. S**t...now I'll have to watch again.

How did the boys grow up to be Walkers?

Edited: Wow, Arya did have a nude scene with sideboob. I still didn't see Ghost, though. The after show commentary showed lots of stuff.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 04-22-2019 at 08:18 PM
Old 04-22-2019, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just watched the episode tonight. I loved every moment of it. I have waited 7 seasons to see everyone (The Starks) reunited. I loved all the little moments and you know they had to do that because there are certainly going to be some that won't survive the fight.

I don't want to take a guess at who we will lose, but there are certain people I don't want to die and there are some I'm sure are going to.

I loved seeing the Hound and Arya together again. I enjoy their hateful banter. I have a feeling that one of them is going to save the other on the battlefield, but that's just my imagination running wild.

I got excited when I saw Ghost, but I was sad too because the real Ghost passed away in real life, so it was a sad reminder of that. I was pretty pissed every time a wolf was killed and now there are only two left out of the six. So sad.

That round table discussion with all the group was quite enjoyable and I cried when Breanne got knighted.

I really can't say enough about the whole episode. And that tiny little scene with the little girl saying she wanted to fight was so moving and she was so adorable. As was Lady Mormont insisting on fighting. She is certainly a powerhouse that one.

I've been waiting for Arya and Gendry to get together. I wanted their paths to cross right from the moment they first parted ways, so I was super happy to see them be into each other.

I'm kind of sad that Jon knows of this birthright because now it makes his and Dany's pairing seem wrong and I really wanted them to be together.

There is so much to discuss. I think I need to watch this episode again before the big battle begins.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-23-2019, 12:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
We also got to see Ghost again.
It was such a lovely surprise.

This episode was so wholesome so I'm incredibly nervous for what's to come as death is sure to follow, but I saw all the dynamics I've been waiting for and I loved every second of this episode.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Perfect scenes

- Theon and Sansa. I honestly did not expect it to be so perfect, pure and emotional. I am so so happy for them both. Theon also made me proud when he said he was going to stand up for Bran. PERFECTION, also Alfie Allen you are some of the best actors out there, I wish you a wonderful career.

- Ser Jorah with little Lyanna and Sam. Ser Jorah, since coming back to Westeros is finally having a storyline I could enjoy completely after years. I was afraid there was not going to be any scene between the Mormonts, not after 8x01 where they ignore it...so I was kind of sure nothing was actually going to happen anymore. But then it finally happened. I like that in the end, Lyanna was less harsh than what I've expected her to be, she called him 'cousin' first after all....for someone who has been banished from his family it counts a lot. And then Sam too gosh what an amazing scene. And what about his scene with Daenerys protecting Tyrion, acknowledging she was right about it and all his humility? I was speechless, I didn't see coming another amazing like this. I mean last season he refused to take his father's sword with such grace and honour. This season this other amazing moment. They are spoiling me with him.

- Jaime/Brienne + Tormund/Ser Davos/ Podrick/ Tyrion that scene was basically Brienne's happy ending. It was good, although I am not invested in her storyline anymore, it was really well written. Gwendoline and Nickolaj were amazing. I loved also the characters in the room and special thanks to Tormund for the right suggestion.

-Gendrya
wow Arya, I had to see it since the last episode that this was going to happen! Kudos for Arya hahaha

- Greyworm / Missandei
I wish them to go to Naath and live the life Grey Worm painted.

- Sansa / Daenerys
Amazing job from both the actress. They have clearly acknowledged their politics' agenda are too different to fake respect at this point. I know many people wanted them to be best buddies, but that could not happen, they have two different motives driving them. I think it's truly realistic from the writers. I applaud them. And Dany is facing issues she never faced before in Essos...right into the kingdom she feels is hers. Sansa is a threat to her authority (keep in mind the trial scene, it was supposed to be about Daenerys showing her skills as a queen, but in the end, it was Sansa's faith in Brienne's that decided the outcome of the trial. Also, let us not forget that Sansa got up before her and left the room and the other lords left as soon as they saw Sansa move. Sansa and the northern people should have waited for the queen to dismiss them.) and now Jon is a threat to her claim potentially. She has no family she can count on, in the meanwhile, Tyrion's one of the people she felt like she could count on, kept ****ing over with his bits of advice. I think she's facing a deep solitude at the moment. She was not involved in any of the goodbye's scenes. The only moment she seeks some comfort she gets the news of Jon. I like that anyway when she heard the horns she looked at him with a comforting look. She's brave and she has never been a coward, she'll deal with Jon's parental news later.

I know they have limited time, but to be honest, I was expecting more of a reaction from Jon...and Daenerys. I was expecting a moment between the Starks siblings as well. They are hardly in the same room lol. Anyway, I'll be patient...there will be bloodshed in the next episodes and I know lots of these secondary characters will die.
I did not like they denied Brandon to actually face the person who caused this permanent condition, but whatever. I still believe they will still have another scene in which this will be properly addressed.

I've missed both Cersei and Euron

Quote:
There is so much to discuss. I think I need to watch this episode again before the big battle begins.
This ring true to me also as my opinions about each episode. I think I'll avoid being too harsh or give any negative criticism before the final episode. I know it's not an easy task to wrap up all those storylines in only 6 episodes, and I'm going to wait before saying something definitive.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 04-23-2019 at 10:04 AM
Old 04-23-2019, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

I think Grey Worm will die. They’ve set things up too perfectly. I think Theon will, too. I’m sure Bran will die first.

I think it is a happy ending for Brienne to be knighted, but I want to see her with Jaime, not Cersei.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 04-23-2019 at 06:50 PM
Old 04-23-2019, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the Brienne knighting scene and Sansa/Theon scene were both very good. But what moved me the most was Sansa vouching for Brienne. And the Bran/Jamie stuff.

I loved most of the interactions. The ones I didn't I'll wait until the show is finished before I criticize them, like Zefiro said.

As for deaths, I think Jorah is most likely to die. Grey Worm or Missandei, it's hard to tell which one. Maybe Theon.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think there are going to be more deaths than mentioned here. I do hope the Hound survives because I want him to be the one to kill his brother. I don't want Jorah to die either, but who knows. All I know is they better not kill Ghost, I will not be happy if they do.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Jorah, and I don't want him to die. But in fictional terms, he's pretty much settled his affairs. His relationship with Daenerys is in a good place for both of them. He has the admiration of men who admired and served his father. He's reconnected with his family via Lyanna. So I think he's the next to go.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I love Jorah, and I don't want him to die. But in fictional terms, he's pretty much settled his affairs. His relationship with Daenerys is in a good place for both of them. He has the admiration of men who admired and served his father. He's reconnected with his family via Lyanna. So I think he's the next to go.
There were a couple of those moments of wrapping things up for some characters which makes me very afraid to watch the battle.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Theon will be the first to go, dying redemptively and valiantly in service to Winterfell, the city he basically betrayed and sacked, those years ago. it is quite fitting, given his up and down and all around journey.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 04-24-2019, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

People probably already know this, but the song Pod sang might be foreshadowing:

Game of Thrones season 8, episode 2: Podrick’s song, explained

Last edited by wanderer78; 04-24-2019 at 02:33 PM
Old 04-24-2019, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think there are going to be more deaths than mentioned here. I do hope the Hound survives because I want him to be the one to kill his brother. I don't want Jorah to die either, but who knows. All I know is they better not kill Ghost, I will not be happy if they do.
He won't. THey've always talked about Clegane bowl and it's a big deal. No one else should kill The Mountain. If he does die, I'll be shocked.