Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Everything. So much happened.

Reunions. Dragon riding. Jon's parentage. Jaime/Bran. What an ending.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:20 PM
Total Fan

I only have one question:

Where's Ghost?!
Old 04-14-2019, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

8x01 was genius and i loved every singe bit i saw not surprised Dany isn't getting a warm welcome but i hope we get there soon. and i loved the fact Arya smiled when she saw Dany for the first time! and Gendry too, this was very cute. and then the dragons appeared and Dany and Arya grinned! i hope that at least those two can build up a strong bond.

loved Jon's speech and first time i found Lady Lyanna a bit annoying tbh.

Theon rescuing Yara, hell yeah!

Jon and Dany riding the dragons HELL YEAH and so cute how Dany was even smiling a lot more this episode than any other season. "so keep your queen warm" *kiss* and Drogon is watching you Jon Snow

gotta say i never really shipped Arya/Gendry - until now!

yep they really didn't waste any time and i loved that! Jon knows the truth now... and that final scene between Jaime and Bran was giving me goosebumps!
Old 04-15-2019, 05:45 AM
Moderator Manager

That was a great season premiere!!

I LOVED basically all reunions (and we got a LOT of them )
Jon and Bran's reunion went better than I expected, it even felt like Bran had a little smile there when Jon arrived (which is a lot more expression than his reunions with Sansa and Arya).
Arya's surprise look at seeing the Hound alive and arriving alongside Jon and Daenerys' troops was awesome, and also her smile when she saw Gendry there as well. It was funny how the dialogue went between her and the Hound, neither of them showing happiness to see each other, but it was noticeable that they were sort of happy that each other had made it so far.
Now my favorite reunion (and the one I've been waiting since season 1) was Arya and Jon and that to me was perfect! I love how they had a quiet little moment just for them, instead of getting reunited in front of everybody and not having time to actually talk to each other And so cute that hug!!

I like that the writing is being true to the fact that Northerners are not warm towards outsiders, and we can see that as they watch Daenerys arriving.Hopefully they will understand that they need her help to survive the Night King
I do love the fact that Lyanna didn't accepted Jon's decision to just bend the knee to Daenerys, considering she was the one to always say that Bear Island only knows Starks as kings.

Gotta add, I found that everybody took the news of the Night King having a dragon and breaking down the wall very lightly... it was like "oh okay, no biggie" I expected a better reaction to that.

I LOVE Tyrion, but it has been a while now that he is not the smart/witty character I used to love. And the fact that Sansa was the one to call out his naivety in believing Cersei just shows how not clever he is being lately.

Poor Sam!! I felt so sorry because he was all happy to meet Daenerys and even though his father was very mean, his brother wasn't all that bad, and to find out he died because he just kept his loyalty was sad. Very well acted! And now he'll be the one to try to get Jon to take his rightful place as king. And does raise a good question, does Daenerys just want to be queen or does she wants what is best? I can see it going both ways and she still getting the throne in the end, but it's nice that they brought that up in the show.

For Theon rescuing Yara! I'm happy that she gave him her blessing to go North fight for the Starks!

Great ending with Jaime arriving by himself and right there waiting for him was Bran... now that was another reunion I was dying to see!

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 04-15-2019 at 06:01 AM
Old 04-15-2019, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I LOVED it! Possibly because I just watched 7 seasons in 6 days, up to the moment that S8 started, I appreciated the entire reunion and union of characters for the first time.

What really hit me, was when Thoros, Beric, Hound, Jon and Jorah met and they were literally meeting legends for the first time. That must have been surreal to be united with those who they'd only heard stories and songs about before.

Oh yes...Bran and Jaime. Bran has the power to channel himself into others. Hmmm..that has me wondering, does he have the power to orchestrate the white walkers to do his bidding? That would be really cool.

I totally understand the pain of realizing his father and brother were executed for treason. He should understand that in times such as these, there is no place for treason and the punishment has always been the same. Although part of that is executing the entire family of the traitor, Daenery did not pass that judgement to Sam.

I LOVE Varys and Tyrion. I always saw both of them as sneaky and untrustworthy, when in reality they were the MOST trustworthy of all. I'm really glad that Sansa called out Tyrion on his misguided trust for Cersei. Hopefully he will not be turned to her side.

There is so much more, but I don't have time right now, and I want to watch the episode a few more times.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

I really hope Dany can prove herself "worthy" to the Northerners but I also think they all forget that SHE is the one helping them and saving their lives and I think they could have shown more respect to Dany. Yes okay they don't know her but being here with an army and dragons is not proof enough?! Don't they all get that a dead army is coming and they are arguing about titles?? Duh.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i understand both sides. i get that the Northerners are of course suspicious of the whole situation plus the dragons are surely intimidating for them. i also get Sansa for being very cautious of Dany first. but of course we know Dany and saw that she has good intentions and has proved often enough that she wants to help the north and humanity. i hope they all can get along with each other and focus on what's really important: the long night.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Great start. I can't believe it's been nearly two years since a new episode, it almost doesn't feel real.

I'm not surprised either that the North is distrustful of Dany. Not just because they don't know her but also for what her father did. I can also understand being uneasy by her saying her dragons eat whatever they want, that sounded like a threat, if I'm honest. It'll also be interesting to see how Jon's parentage will factor into things, not just the question of whether Dany would suddenly bend the knee (which I have my doubts that she'd be quick to) but also for the people. Titles may not matter to Jon but he's kind of the exception there and he has the best claim. But yes, everyone will have to work together to survive; this isn't just Dany helping, this affects all of them.

But I've been waiting so long to see if Jon would ride Rhaegal, so that was a great moment for me. And I'm so glad he finally knows his parentage, that's been a long enough time coming.

Also loved the Jon/Arya and Arya/Gendry reunions. In my biased eyes, Arya and Gendry were definitely flirting.

Finally, Jaime and Bran seeing each other was just a perfect way to end it.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I think sam and bran need to tell everyone that rhaeger didn't rape and kill lyanna but actually married her and was very kind and that robert was the liar and that they should've stood with the targaryens and martells during robert's rebellion, that would help solve some of the negative feelings of the north towards the targaryen family.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

I read an article that picked on the flirting, too. I think she had a crush when she was younger, but now she's old enough to be with him.

The memes about Bran and Jaime were so insane. However, everyone talking the Night King and the Wall thing so lightly was the biggest joke. That and Jon caring more about Ned not being his father than his lover being his aunt. I just realized that he'd be royalty either way. If they still get married, he'll be the king or her consort at the very least.

I don't know how they intend to tell everyone. They have the dumbest amount of priorities on their list. I love how Sansa is the one one with her wits about her. She cares about everyone not starving, people not turning against him and yes, I think she did care about the Night King. Dany looked so horrified when he told her about Viscerion and the Night King.

I think Dany needs to try and make them feel at ease by getting to know them and show them that she's not her father. Her comment didn't help, it just made her look bad. You catch more flies with honey.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 PM
Website Manager

I dunno, I really think a lot of these discussions should have happened in a more private setting to present a more united front. I think it would have benefited greatly if they had brought the dead wight back to Winterfell before going to King's Landing as they just don't seem to be grasping the seriousness of the situation when they are still worrying about titles and such, worry about those things after that threat is taken care of. Maybe when the people from the wall get back and report about the Umber kid... but I suspect it'll take actually seeing the dead with their own eyes for them to fully grasp the situation.

Loved that the episode mirrored that of 1x01 with the kid climbing like Bran used to, Arya lurking about when she should have been with the other people to greet Dany (another meeting for a later episode since those two haven't met each other yet) as well as the music.

Loved the Arya/Gendry scenes, not sure if we'll get anything out of it with so few episodes left, we'll see. Hope we get a scene where Jon and/or Gendry get to see how bad ass Arya is with her fighting skills.

I also wonder where Ghost is, would love to see Ghost interact with the dragons and Dany. Would love to see Nymeria show up again too.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think sam and bran need to tell everyone that rhaeger didn't rape and kill lyanna but actually married her and was very kind and that robert was the liar and that they should've stood with the targaryens and martells during robert's rebellion, that would help solve some of the negative feelings of the north towards the targaryen family.
Rhaeger might not have rape Lyanna Stark, but his father still had Ned 's father ,and brother killed in a brutal fashion without reason. So I don't think it really going to make a difference at that point.

Quote:
I think Dany needs to try and make them feel at ease by getting to know them and show them that she's not her father. Her comment didn't help, it just made her look bad. You catch more flies with honey
Dany really got on my nerves when she told Job that Sansa don't respect her, and if she doesn't respect her....I was waiting for her to finish her sentence. Do Dany really believed that Jon, and Arya going to let her kill their sister just because she doesn't respect her? I mean Sansa doesn't know her, so how can she respect someone that she doesn't even know? Plus, respect is earned, nor given. I hope they are turning Dany into the mad king. But it seem like they might be. Which means she's not going to be too please when she find out that Jon is the true heir to the throne.

Cersei suppose to be pregnant by Jamie. However she didn't look pregnant, and I notice she is drinking again. So I wonder if she is still pregnant? Or did she lose the baby?

I love Bran just sitting in the courtyard waiting for a old friend....that friend is Jamie Lannister. I hope that this doesn't cause any problems since they did invite Jamie to come.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:30 AM
Website Manager

The thing I wonder is it looks like Bran was out there for a long time. Does he no longer need to sleep now that he's the three eyed raven? I don't think there will be too much of an issue with Bran as he's changed a lot from who he was to who he is now. Jamie does have one of the useful weapons against the White Walkers doesn't he?
Old 04-17-2019, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Dany really got on my nerves when she told Job that Sansa don't respect her, and if she doesn't respect her....I was waiting for her to finish her sentence. Do Dany really believed that Jon, and Arya going to let her kill their sister just because she doesn't respect her? I mean Sansa doesn't know her, so how can she respect someone that she doesn't even know? Plus, respect is earned, nor given. I hope they are turning Dany into the mad king. But it seem like they might be. Which means she's not going to be too please when she find out that Jon is the true heir to the throne.
I bit my tongue about this as to not rile anyone up, but ITA. Tbh, I'm rooting for Jon more than her. One of her biggest flaws is that she's entitled. She thinks it should be hers, but she didn't consider how people would see her or how it would hinder her relations with other nobles. I don't think she's even interacted with people on her level before.

She's not in Essos, she's in Westeros. That's what Randall said to her and she didn't get it. I don't think she'll become the Mad King, but she needs to make people like her. She can't force them to bend the knee. She can't keep using the dragons to intimidate people, either. She didn't say anything to defend herself in the keep.

Sansa isn't even wrong to be pissed off and not respect her. I expected them to dislike one another and have tension. In her eyes, Dany took away her brother and he's under her spell. Jon is Jon, but he's in love with Dany. She doesn't want to bow down to a new queen and neither does anyone else.

Again...you catch more flies with honey. Look at Margaery. She was always being pleasant, befriending the right people and saying the right things. She didn't mean any of it, but she worked with the poor and the unfortunate a lot. It made her look golden, even if she was as bad as everyone else at the end of the day. She even avoided Cersei's fate.

Dany and Cersei both have the same attitude and the only difference is that Dany isn't evil. She's extremely entitled and has a complex, but even if she's being annoying, she wants to make the world better. She chose to stop the Walkers instead of continue the war. Whereas Cersei is being stupid and counts on everyone else. If they die and the kingdom is under attack, she'll send people after them. If they win, she can gloat about taking everything back.

I miss the softer, more innocent version of her. When she started out with this anti-slavery thing, she was pure of heart and just wanted to set people free. She razed Astapor, but it was free from the slavers.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I just think dany needs to forgive jaime if she expects sam to forgive her, else she's a hypocrite.

If they really want to break the wheel, then jon/dany should have tyrion write a constitution, have general elections at least by part of the population and disown all the nobels including their lands and titles.