Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2017, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

D&D said often enough that she's not acting like the mad king, because her actions is rational for someone whos enemy attacked High Garden and killed so many people. Daenerys' allies to be more precise. I don't feel bad for the Lannisters at all. And the Taryls were a total jerk to Sam and Gilly. Can't say I feel sorry for them either.

Problematic is what happens in Winterfell. Arya acted too harsh and I got the feeling Sansa wants to rule alone. I didn't like either of them this episode.

Jon acting cold towards the message of Bran and Arya alive was weird too.

I think I loved the Dany and Jorah reunion the most together with Jon touching Drogon (inner Targaryen is showing) and the Dany/Jon good bye scene. They are growing to like each other.

Is Cersei really pregnant or was this just a trick?
Old 08-14-2017, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
http://www.fanforum.com/91160196-post12.html
Amen, sister. I m linking your comment since it's very long..

I hate Littlefinger's plotting to put the sisters against each other...or at least Arya against Sansa. Sansa knows his bull****s well enough.

I hated Daenarys burning the Tarly's. I don't give a **** it's a war.

You can't say you're better than other kings and queens when you roast people who are against you. This is exactly what everyone do. Stop putting this Messiah face on, it's really getting ugly.

I wish the show would stop comparing her to Jon, it's really forced. Jon Snow never proclaimed himself as anything. Jon Snow killed people who actually betrayed him. Not people who did not bend the knee.

It's not the same thing. At all.

I feel terribly sorry for Sam...Terribly.

It has left me such a bad taste in my mouth I could not even enjoy the reunion with Jorah as I wished...I was thinking all the time HE DIDN'T DIE BECAUSE OF THE BROTHER AND SON OF THE TWO PEOPLE YOU JUST ROASTED ALIVE.

I loved the gang in the North. And thank you Davos for bringing back Gendry.

I love Gendry and Jon

Many things happened but overall nothing epic. Not even Gilly confirming us Rhaegar married Lyanna

Icon
Old 08-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
I wish the show would stop comparing her to Jon, it's really forced. Jon Snow never proclaimed himself as anything. Jon Snow killed people who actually betrayed him. Not people who did not bend the knee.

It's not the same thing. At all.
Jon Snow killed Janos Slynt for insubordination.

Quote:
I feel terribly sorry for Sam...Terribly.
His father was a jerk to him. He spelled out that he'd kill him if he didn't remove himself from the family and join the nights watch.
He seemed to have a better relationship with his brother, so that might upset him.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I would say that Sam will not be to broken up with the death of his father, but his brother might be a sad spot for him. Remember he is still a member of the Nights Watch, and he was cut off from his family holdings anyway. His sister is still alive so she will get the family lands and etc.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

The latest episode of Game of Thrones was good and action-packed.

I love the fact that Jon Snow is still focusing on the bigger picture, which is fighting the white walkers. I love that he continue to refuse to bend the knee to Dany. I love how he said he didn’t need her permission to leave, that he was a king.

Arya and Sansa have never really gotten along. Of course Sansa wants to be queen of the North deep down, but I don’t see her turning on her family.

Arya will always remain loyal to her family, but I don’t think Sansa is trying to overthrow Jon.

Littlefinger is one smart man, so devious and awesome. I love this guy. He knew Arya was watching him the entire time. Do we really think he’s trying to turn the sisters against one another? I don’t know. However, that letter that Sansa was forced to write is going to make Arya still have doubts about Sansa.

Cersei has eyes everywhere lol. I do think she’s pregnant though. I don’t see a reason why she would lie to Jamie.

That scene between Tyrion and Jamie was sad.

Dany continues to irk me. Yet again she refused to listen to Tyrion’s advice. She could have found another way to deal with the Tarly's. Burning them alive just because they refuse to bend the knee to her was insane. She could have at least spared the son, Dickon or whatever his name is. She really didn’t give the soldiers a choice. It was either bend the knee or die, she got them out of fear in the end. She and Cersei are one in the same in my book. I don’t blame Varys for having doubts about her. I don’t see him remaining loyal to her.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 08-14-2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it's just funny that many are criticizing Dany for killing her enemies but when other characters execute others, no one cries out loud
i don't really get that point of view guys. i mostly get that feeling that women on tv have it very difficult to be accepted by the audience but when a male one slaughters with a hammer two soldiers, it's "badass". sorry nope i don't get it.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Moderator Manager

To me the problem has nothing to do with her being a woman. I'm not against Dany killing people, but I dislike the discourse she's using that is very hypocritical. She is killing people, so just be done with the whole I wanna save the world and admit that she wants to crush her enemies.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Honestly killing the former military commanders that will not bend a knee makes perfect sense. Anyone willing to not submit after loosing a battle, is a future threat to control, so killing those types is a smart tactical move on her part.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

and i just wanted to say i understand when people didn't like her first scene with the Lannister soldiers. i understand why she did it but i can see the point when people are not okay with it.

thanks for the constructive discussion in here
Old 08-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I wish they had stated somewhere what they did with those soldiers that did bend the knee. Did they send them North to Winterfall or what?

Last edited by ByGoneYrs; 08-14-2017 at 11:42 AM
Old 08-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Some Guys are forgetting that the mad King killed everyone. Whether it be men, women, or children, he wanted EVERYONE to burn. Dany burns soldiers who want to kill her and her followers, she burns slave masters who have bought, sold, probably raped and abused children for decades, and people who claim they are her enemy. She gives them more than enough chances to change their mind of who they will fight for before killing them, and yet she's being called the mad Wueen? She does not kill people because they won't follow her, she kills people because by choosing to follow Cersei, they are her enemy, because this is war.

And as soon as they make their way back home, they will be ordered by Cersei AGAIN to kill Dany at all costs. Why would Dany ever take the risk of sending them back home only to have them come after her again in the next battle?

I will agree that there has been a lot of dragon fire as of late, but in no way is Dany going "mad." Feel free to call her mad when she starts burning women, children, and civilian men who are doing nothing but eating dinner at Home.

Just my two Cents on this.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Loyal Fan

A very good set of points, and I totally agree with you SongIceFire.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
I get people are upset with Dany this episode but what was she supposed to do? Yes she might have looked ruthless there but this was the same situation other characters were in. Jon killed many people, Robb and Ned executed their enemies too - no one freaked out. I think what people make think Dany could go crazy is the Tyrion/Varys talk. But we know Dany since season 1 and she is not a Mad Queen. Do I think her burning the Taryls was a brutal scene? Yes I do. Do I think Dany was wrong doing that? No I don't. If she wants to be Queen she can't show mercy to those who question her and don't accept her as Queen - and support the Lannisters, her enemies.
But for me as a Dany fan it was a tough scene to watch that's for sure

On a lighter note I liked the scene with Drogon/Jon and Jorah/Dany a lot. Those two were my most favorite scenes.

I don't get the unnecessary Stark drama either. And it was sad that Jon wasn't even happy to hear his siblings are alive. He was cold, why? Even Dany was happier than him

Agreeing with the unlogic in the Jaime/Bronn scene and the fact Gendry is in KL. Makes absolutely no sense

All in all the weakest episode for me this season. I'm still having issues with some storylines and scenes.

I think that scene of the burning affected us because it was Sams family, at least that is the only thing why i didnt like that she burned them, i felt more bad about his brother than the father, although it is war, and she did give them a choice.

I love the scenes with Drogon and Jorah too, i hope he makes it.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Let me first say how thrilled I was to see Jaime coming up from the water My mind have been going crazy this past week!

I've no problems with Randall & Dickon being burned alive. Just feel sad for Sam when he eventually finds out...even though he had a Dickon for a father.

Jon/Drogon/Dany- wow what an amazing scene and moment! Jon touching Drogon and Dany being surprised by Drogon's behaviour. I love Jon and his deliver of "gorgeous beasts!"

Dany seeing Jorah again was great. She's seriously on the verge of crying with happiness in my opinion when she talks to him. I love that bond between them and her hugging him.

Great scene with Jaime & Tyrion. I want more! Cersei announcing to Jamie she's pregnant had me yell "You lie!" I do think it's a ploy to keep Jaime from switching sides. I'm not 100% sure, it's just a feeling. "Never betray me again"...

Love Gendry reappearing and him meeting Jon, and them talking about their fathers (YES, I do still think of Ned as Jon's father!) adventures "Our fathers trusted each other. Why shouldn't we?"

So let me get this straight ; Rhaegar and Lyanna married each other, conceived Jon, then they had it annulled, and Rhaegar married Elia Martell?

That scroll Arya found was from S1 when Cersei had Sansa writing it after Ned had been named a traitor. Wow. Wonder what her next move is, and Littlefinger's move is....

Really loved this episode. It set up the final two episodes of the season perfectly, and boy what an ending with Jon's group going beyond the Wall.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Loyal Fan

As was stated by ~Casey~ "Rhaegar and Lyanna married each other, conceived Jon, then they had it annulled, and Rhaegar married Elia Martell? "

To be correct Rhaegar married Elia Martell and then had "that" annulled and married Lyanna in secret and then she had their son "Eon" ...aka...Jon Snow