Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2017, 05:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Episode Discussion 7x05 "Eastwatch" (13th August 2017)

Some reminders
- No spoilers for future episodes or discussions based on spoilers,
we have a Spoiler Board for a reason.
- Please respect each other's opinion and view.
- No bashing on actors or crew members.

SPOILER POLICY
Old 08-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread. I can't wait!
Old 08-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Loyal Fan

If the spoilers are correct, tonight's episode should be awesome.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the new thread, Mel
Old 08-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for the thread! So excited
Old 08-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Loyal Fan

So what does everyone really want to see in tonight's episode?
Old 08-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByGoneYrs (View Post)
So what does everyone really want to see in tonight's episode?
White Walkers.

I'll be back later!
Old 08-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Loyal Fan

When I missed the first 12 minutes, but I will watch all of it again at the 2nd showing tonight to get the total show. It looked pretty good just the same.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I stayed up until 4am to watch it. It was pretty good for all thingS Dany. Everything else was bs though. Gendry would not be in kings landing. Time would not skip that quickly even if they are trying to wrap it up and littlefinger would never have tricked arya. Bring back George.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I say Death to Littlefinger!!!
Old 08-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everybody

It was a slow episode, I guess its logical since last episode was so intense.

Loved that Drogon let Jon touched him, it was great

Im glad Jorah is back and he went with Jon, I dont get how they travel so fast now.

So is Littlefinger trying to make Arya think Sansa betrayed her family long time ago? I was a little confused about that paper but he wanted Arya to find it.

Hate Cersei.
Next episode is gonna be good.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Okay, so my thoughts on the episode... It was an okay episode for me... not a bad one overall, but I really disliked some things

I hate how Dany behaved... she is acting like a tyrant, and the whole "I'm giving them a choice" speech is such a BS... it's not a choice, she is literally scarring people to death to follow her, how is that better than having slaves?!? Also, "I'm not here to kill, but to break the wheel" or whatever she said like that, I mean seriously? She just burnt most of the army to ashes, and followed that speech with having the Tarlys executed by fire Yeah, I didn't really like her in this episode.

Tyrion is trying to be by Dany's side as was seen in his conversation with Varys where he sort of defended what she did (even though we could see that he didn't like it one bit), but that talk also served as an eye opener considering that Varys said that he also turned a blind eye when he worked for the Mad King until it was too much to handle.
We finally had Tyrion/Jaime reunion, and also a Bronn/Tyrion one. I was so happy that Bronn helped Tyrion out to set up the meeting with Jaime And the talk between Tyrion/Jaime was good, I liked how it went, we could see that there was still feeling for each other there.
Ugh Cersei's SL is just bad... pregnant again?! yeah, I didn't see that coming, but I just couldn't care less about it.

LOVE that Drogon was submissive or at least amicable towards Jon!! It's not Rhaegal, which would've been perfect, but it's impressive since Drogon is the most aggressive one out of them. Targaryen blood!!! And Dany was impressed by that

Jon disappointed me with his lack of emotion to find out that both Arya and Bran are alive... we didn't need to see him squeeing and doing a happy dance about it, but at least a smile would've been nice, a small one.. he was very deadpan mentioning it Even Dany was happier than him by hearing the news when she said she was happy for him!
It really was the perfect timing for Jon to really act like a King when Dany said that she hadn't given permission for him to leave... I like how he has always been respectful towards her, but it was time that he stated his title and acted like one. He is fighting for his cause and he couldn't just keep stepping on eggshells anymore.
And my opinion is that Jon really is acting for the greater good, his decision are based on what could bring the best possibility for them to win the Big War instead of just fighting to keep his position as king. I love the guy! I'm worried that he's going beyond the wall again, but it wouldn't feel right if he just sent other to fight the battle while he stayed comfortably in Winterfell waiting for news, he's a man of action.
Davos is the BEST! I love him He really could work as a con-man based on the way he dealt with those guards I'm so happy that he went after Gendry And they made the joke about him still being rowing around
Now, Gendry siding up with Jon was not something I had thought of, but I LOVE it! I just found it weird that he used their fathers as a way to try to bond with Jon instead of saying "hey, I was a really good friend of Arya", could be me wanting a Gendry/Arya moment but I really wished he had mentioned or asked about her
Same can be said about the Hound... he spent so long trying to protect Arya from harm's way that I would imagine he would at least ask about her... Anyways, the new team formed of BHWB, Hound, Gendry, Tormund, Jorah and Jon makes me so happy, I love it and I didn't even knew I wanted that so much

Gilly found out a REALLY important thing and Sam didn't pay attention Jon is truly the heir of the throne, and now there are at least documents to prove that he's not a bastard Targaryen, he's the real deal I can't wait for the truth to come out

Now for another thing that I really hate... Arya in this episode. She is my favorite, but she was so off (and very badly written)... the reason to pick a fight with Sansa for not defending Jon was weak because this was probably the first time that Sansa actually was completely by Jon's side in front of the Lords and didn't disagree publicly with his decision. I could understand this reaction from Arya if she had found that letter Sansa sent to Robb before confronting Sansa, because she would've already suspect of Sansa's intentions so she could take things the "wrong" way.... I just think things came out of the blue. And honestly, the Stark drama atm seems so petty and unnecessary... I know for a fact that I really wanted them to work together after everything they went through and working so hard to get back together... seems a bit soap-opera to start a fight between them like that just to create more drama... IDK that's how I feel now, maybe with the next episode I might find it more interesting. I'm not against them arguing, as long as it's convincing.
Also, to have Arya just suggesting that they should cut off the heads of people that don't agree with them is very harsh, she has a kill list for people that have wronged her and the people she likes, but a conflict in opinion is hardly something she would just add to her list or kill like that.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok the first complaint I have is the beginning with Bronn and Jaime coming out of the water with all their gear on after ..."swimming" across the "river"...yeah...right!!!

Let me tell you, many years ago I was a US Airborne Ranger and if I jumped into the water with as much weight as Jaime's armor weights....there is no way I would have survived without discarding some of it under water. Now I should also point out I did at one time join the SCA, and trained to fight in suits of armor. First you put on "padded armor" and then you buckle up in breast plates and armor skirts for the waist and arm guards, and leg guards, then more along with sword and scabbard. Now that weights a lot of weight.

Next you have to learn how to "stand" and then "walk" in all that stuff. You fall over and it is hard to "sit up" by yourself...and the stuff I was wearing was not full gauge armor like was worn. Then add to that, falling into deep water and sinking. Forget trying to float, or swim in that stuff. At best you would start cutting straps to drop that armor, get to the surface for "Air" to breath.

Now I looked at that seen and it looked like a real long distance to the other side of that "river" and there is no way Jaime held his breath all that way with Bronn dragging him along the bottom.

I realize this is "Fantasy", but that wasn't "magic" that got him to the other side, it was supposed to be Bronn. Saving a heavy passed out swimmer, and caring a body that far alone is hard enough. Adding in all that gear and armor, and Jaime breathing on the others side like he held is breath is pure BS.

Sorry even in my own RPG campaign I always enforce ..."Realism"!

I liked the show but that really got me upset to start with!
Old 08-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also find it hard to believe that they swam that far with those gears. I was worried about Jamie's hand being heavy - but the whole gear? That was not believable. Anyway, whatever works for them.

I love how this episode is like a turning point to all things important in the next episodes. Jamie finding out Cersai's pregnant. Also Jamie finding out that the dead are marching towards Westeros. Jon and the gang going out to get a wight. Gilly reading something VERY important about Jon's heritage.

What I really love about the episode is the Targaryen foreshadowing with Drogon letting Jon touch him. I'm pretty sure they are going in the direction of letting the secret out in the open.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I get people are upset with Dany this episode but what was she supposed to do? Yes she might have looked ruthless there but this was the same situation other characters were in. Jon killed many people, Robb and Ned executed their enemies too - no one freaked out. I think what people make think Dany could go crazy is the Tyrion/Varys talk. But we know Dany since season 1 and she is not a Mad Queen. Do I think her burning the Taryls was a brutal scene? Yes I do. Do I think Dany was wrong doing that? No I don't. If she wants to be Queen she can't show mercy to those who question her and don't accept her as Queen - and support the Lannisters, her enemies.
But for me as a Dany fan it was a tough scene to watch that's for sure

On a lighter note I liked the scene with Drogon/Jon and Jorah/Dany a lot. Those two were my most favorite scenes.

I don't get the unnecessary Stark drama either. And it was sad that Jon wasn't even happy to hear his siblings are alive. He was cold, why? Even Dany was happier than him

Agreeing with the unlogic in the Jaime/Bronn scene and the fact Gendry is in KL. Makes absolutely no sense

All in all the weakest episode for me this season. I'm still having issues with some storylines and scenes.