Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2017, 07:38 AM
Moderator Manager

Episode Discussion 7x02 "Stormborn" (23rd July 2017)

Some reminders
- No spoilers for future episodes or discussions based on spoilers,
we have a spoiler board for a reason.
- Please respect each other's opinion and view.
- No bashing on actors or crew members.

SPOILER POLICY
Old 07-24-2017, 12:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

For a episode called Stormborn, this was a very slumber episodes. Very little happen, yet a lot of things got done.

Sam trying to find a cure for Jorah. Why come the Maesters are not even trying to help Jorah,or anyone? All the Maesters seem like total dicks. Sam told Norah that he was with his father when he died. Was that the first time Jorah learned of his father's death?

Arya run into Nymeria, her direwolf , but it didn't go with her. Aryan look so sad when Nymeria didn't go with her. She ran into hot pie, and seem a little disappointed when he ask her what happened to her, But did you see the way her eyes light when she found out that Jon is the king of the north. But what's going to happen to get there and find out that Sansa in charge? Wanna bet Little finger is going to try to turn them against each other?

Danny talk peace, and Cersei use fear. Two queens so different.
Sansa is getting on my nerves. I think whatever little finger is whispering in her ear is starting to get to.

What did Little family finger say to Jon that made him want to kill him?

I was shock when Euron Greyjoy attack ironborn fleet, and killed the sand snakes (I don't miss them) but who's body was that hanging off the boat? Was that Ellaria Sand? And did he kill Tara Greyjoy?
Old 07-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i finally watched! loved it even more than 7x01 so much is sure!

the war council with team Dany was just AMAZING! Oleanna was the best thing about the war council. the back-and-forth between Dany and Varys was excellent, very great writing of the dialogue and acting. loved it! Tyrion is clever as usual and the plan sounded amazing - but Euron arghhhhh! i underestimated him. they better don't hurt Yara!

Grey Worm and Missandei - beautiful. i have nothing more to add. and finally!

wasn't convinced by the Cercei/Jaime/Tarlys. was more like a filler to show that some people will back Cercei. the writing was forgettable as was both Cercei and Jaime.

the scenes in Winterfell were great as usual. but where is our Bran/Jon/Sansa reunion????

Arya and Hot Pie warmed my heart. and then Nymeria! i was in tears. but why did she turn away? and what did Arya mean with "that's not you"?
Old 07-24-2017, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've got to say, Dany in Season 7 is doing a good job so far at being Queen. She's listening to Tyrion and her heart seems to be in the right place-she doesn’t want to full out attack the city because she knows many will die, and she doesn't want to invade because she doesn’t want to look like an Essosian conqueror. I love how she's putting all of her advisors in their places and truly stepping into her role as a ruler. The Dany/Varys scene was a highlight for me.

That Missandei and Grey Worm scene, was absolutely beautiful. Grey Worm was so human and raw, his words were like poetry and he was so afraid of not being good enough. It was also probably one of the best sex scenes on the show for sure, it was incredibly tasteful.

Melisandre and her prophecies...I think she thinks Dany is the princess that was promised. I personally think it could be either Jon or Dany or both. I don't want to go into too much shipping here but I am very very very excited for them to meet!

Great to have Ser Jorah back by the way. Sam finally does something!

I am sure Nymeria will turn up with her wolf pack for the big battle next season and help Arya. Agreeing about Bran. I thought we would get a Stark reunion this episode.

Admitting I underestimated Euron and Cersei. Especially Euron. I didn't imagine him as a great fighter in the books, more of a cunning leader. Oh well, it made for good action. But I am scared for Yara now (Ellaria I don't care much about). Poor Theon...I think it was right to jump off the boat. He could not have hoped to save Yara, both would be dead.

All in all a great episode. Not really complaining at all. We had strong scenes. Only "meh or boring" scene was Cersei in the Throne hall. Felt a bit unspectacular or me but I get the build up they did there.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:45 AM
Moderator Manager

I love the episode!!

So, my thoughts are all over the place But let's start with Daenerys... she is awesome!! And I love how he is in charge and not letting Ellaria or even Ollena take over in the decisions. I found it very entertaining seeing the back and forth between Ellaria and Tyrion and how he pointed out that killing Myrcella was such a low move, and how Ellaria is still bitter about Oberyn's death (the woman did love him!).
The conversation with Varys was amazing! Really shows that she isn't completely trusting and forgetting about the past, and also shows exactly why Varys has done everything he has done and why He is one that truly has played the game but trying to get what it's best for the whole kingdom. I like his honesty with her
And the things Ollena said also is very true So it's important for Daenerys to have people showing her all sides so she can make the better decision from all point of views.
Great plan to take over Westeros! Very clever to not use the Unsullied to put King's Landing under siege, or else that could backfire against Daenerys. And even smarter to take away Casterly Rock from the Lannisters, it's like after the fall, Cersei won't have a place to go
Ohhh Tyrion telling Daenerys that he liked Jon and making the case for her to try to ally forces with him was so AWESOME Which made the scene of Jon getting the raven's message with the "bastard's quote" and having Sansa actually say that Tyrion was kind to her even better I want them all to meet!

I have to say that I like that both Davos and Sansa are a bit weary of Tyrion's invitation to go to Dragonstone But once Jon received Sam's message and announced that he was going to accept once again Sansa couldn't wait to just undermine his decision in front of everybody and then as soon as she learned she would be in charge it was like "oh okay then go already" I know she wants to be in charge, but seriously it made it seem like she clearly wasn't worried about Jon but was concerned about losing Winterfell again.
And LF is just so annoying and yet he knows how to push people's buttons, which makes me worries a LOT about him staying behind in Winterfell while both Jon and Davos and Tormund are away.

Arya meeting up with Hot Pie was also a great scene I like how they became friends after what they've been through together, and how they both are survivors in their own way. He is so funny LOVE that we found out she didn't know that Winterfell was back in Stark's hands and that's why she didn't go home (makes a lot more sense now that she was heading South) And as soon as she found out we could see how divided she was in deciding where to go. Of course it goes without me saying that I was thrilled to see her choosing to go North
And then the meeting with the wolves was intense! I was so happy to see Nymeria again, because it had to be her, right? Or else why wouldn't the pack of wolves not attack Arya after surrounding her?! I'm really curious to see them meeting up again. And I guess that Arya and Jon won't meet so soon since she's heading back, but he just left but I'll be very happy to see her and Sansa reuniting

Poor Jorah! That greyscale sure evolved quickly... and the Meisters aren't much help (very cold stance towards the sick actually), but I love that whenever Sam hears that something is forbidden, his first act is to defy that and do it anyways I really hope that he manages to cure Jorah, or at least find a way to get him a bit better so he can meet Daenerys again

Now about Sam's father, I like how he didn't flip sides at the first opportunity to betray Ollena, but interesting that Jaime managed to make him waver on that...
And speaking of Jaime, I'm so disappointed that he's still 100% by Cersei's side I really had hopes that his loyalty towards her would weakened this season, but it's not looking like that.

Euron really started off with a bang! His attack to the fleet was very intense! I don't like the Sand Snakes, but it was good to see them being killed by him instead of it being done by some random guy. And poor Theon! I don't like the character, but he was starting to recover and showing that he was redeeming himself, I felt so sorry when he saw all the terror going on and really lost it And I got even sadder because Yara felt betrayed by him running away and leaving her behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Sam told Norah that he was with his father when he died. Was that the first time Jorah learned of his father's death?]
No, Tyrion had told Jorah that his father had been killed by mutineers.

Quote:
Sansa is getting on my nerves. I think whatever little finger is whispering in her ear is starting to get to.

What did Little family finger say to Jon that made him want to kill him?
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like that about Sansa... which sucks because even though she is not my favorite, I actually like her.

LF said that he loves Sansa just like he loved Catelyn which is so very creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
Grey Worm and Missandei - beautiful. i have nothing more to add. and finally!
they form a great couple, and their development has been really well done

Quote:
but where is our Bran/Jon/Sansa reunion????

Arya and Hot Pie warmed my heart. and then Nymeria! i was in tears. but why did she turn away? and what did Arya mean with "that's not you"?
right?! I was waiting for Jon to at least receive a message from Edd saying that Bran was at the Wall.

And I think Arya just didn't want to raise her hope high that Nymeria is alive after so long... but I'm pretty sure it has to be Nymeria!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
but who's body was that hanging off the boat? Was that Ellaria Sand? And did he kill Tara Greyjoy?
No, it were the sand snakes I believe it was the one with the whip and she was hanging on her own whip, and then one of the others. It wasn't Ellaria or Yara, they would've done a focus shot for that.

I loved that as soon Arya heard about Jon, she changed course.

Waiting for my babes (Jon & Dany) to meet. and I just adore Tyrion talking about Jon, honestly.

The battle was intense, although some of the music choices really made it clear what was going to happen so I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)

Waiting for my babes (Jon & Dany) to meet. and I just adore Tyrion talking about Jon, honestly.
right?!?! Arya didn't know about the BotB and Jon being KitN, now it all makes sense as to why she didn't stop by Winterfell before heading South Her heading North made me smile so much

Ohhh next episode is going to be epic with that meeting
Old 07-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
No, it were the sand snakes I believe it was the one with the whip and she was hanging on her own whip, and then one of the others. It wasn't Ellaria or Yara, they would've done a focus shot for that.

The battle was intense, although some of the music choices really made it clear what was going to happen so I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Loved this episode!

Im also waiting for Jon and Daenerys to meet
I didnt like that everybody at the North meeting were judging her just because shes the daughter of the Mad King.

I loved the scene between Grey worm and Missandei, it was so sweet and loving

Arya realizing Jon was King in the North was awesome, I thought she knew, no wonder she was heading to Kind´s landing, i was so happy she decided to go home, I wonder how her and Sansa would get along.

The ending was great, I felt bad for Theon, but he really had no chance, I wish Yara wouldn´t die, i dont care about the other one.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
i finally watched! loved it even more than 7x01 so much is sure!

I get it now. In season one when Ned was talking to Arya about learning to be the proper little lady like Sansa was, Arya said to Ned that "wasn't her". She wanted to learn how to sword fight instead of how to dance. So when Arya said that to Nymeria (it was a call back to her and Ned conversation) it was her understanding that Nymeria has a pack to lead therefore she can't expect Nymeria to go back to being her pet direwolf. It's not her anymore. She's no longer Arya's pet. It symbolizes that they both have changed since they last saw each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by running wild

I am looking forward to it too. I think that is how they are going to find out the truth about Jon's parentage. Dany said she's will burn anyone who do not bend a knee/or disloyal to her. We all know that the king of the North will not bend a knee to anyone. So I think that Dany will have him burned, and when he walk out of the flames unharmed that how they will find out.

Quote:
The conversation with Varys was amazing! Really shows that she isn't completely trusting and forgetting about the past, and also shows exactly why Varys has done everything he has done and why He is one that truly has played the game but trying to get what it
I liked the conversation between Varys ,and Dany too. It a call back to the conversation between Ned and Varys when Ned ask Varys who did he served, and Varys said he does what was best for the realms. I liked the conversation but I think it would have been more fitting if she had this conversation with Varys when he first join.

Quote:
The ending was great, I felt bad for Theon, but he really had no chance, I wish Yara wouldn´t die, i dont care about the other one.
I was a little disappointed in Theon, but I realized if he tried to fight Euron , Euron would have killed him and Yara. This way they both live
Old 07-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Theon wouldn't have been able to fight Euron either way, he was watching his men get tortured and his "Fight or Flight" reflexes kicked in. For someone who has endured so much torture as Theon, it's only natural that he freezed and tried to escape the impending pain and horror.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

I am so glad Cersei is actually going to be a real menace to all.
At the end of season 6 she almost looked pathethic if confronted to Dany's army.

Now Dany will be forced to use the foregneirs to attack Westeros.

Icon
Old 07-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I'm looking forward to see how Dany is going to change her plans on attacking KL now

Quote:
I liked the conversation between Varys ,and Dany too. It a call back to the conversation between Ned and Varys when Ned ask Varys who did he served, and Varys said he does what was best for the realms. I liked the conversation but I think it would have been more fitting if she had this conversation with Varys when he first join.
I completely agree about that conversation between Varys and Dany needed to have happened last season But it was nice seeing it happening anyways
Yeah, I love that scene with Ned... it also made me think about the scene with LF when they're talking about the realm being a ladder.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I get it now. In season one when Ned was talking to Arya about learning to be the proper little lady like Sansa was, Arya said to Ned that "wasn't her". She wanted to learn how to sword fight instead of how to dance. So when Arya said that to Nymeria (it was a call back to her and Ned conversation) it was her understanding that Nymeria has a pack to lead therefore she can't expect Nymeria to go back to being her pet direwolf. It's not her anymore. She's no longer Arya's pet. It symbolizes that they both have changed since they last saw each other.

I was a little disappointed in Theon, but I realized if he tried to fight Euron , Euron would have killed him and Yara. This way they both live
That scene between Arya and Nymeria got me confused because for a moment I thought maybe it wasn´t Nymeria but then why would she have let Arya unharmed, so it was her but like you said they are both different now.
I hope we will see her again, safe though.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I came to the realization that I, as like what had mentioned above, had underestimated Euron. Can't say I'm overjoyed with what happened but never really cared for the Sand Snakes so yeah, they're okay to go. I did predict that Theon would do that, though. He has so much self-pity inside that he doesn't stand up for himself, nor his kin. I'm thinking that he is saved because he's got better storyline in the future episodes.

I love how everything is falling into pieces about Jon and Dany becoming allies soon. Sam's raven letter arrived just in time after Jon receiving Dany's. Jon and Sansa's scenes were great, as usual. I did understand her point, and Jon's. Hence, I cannot really side on who's Stark has much logic in their decisions.

Arya and Nymeria I hope Nymeria will eventually follow Arya back to Winterfell.

Overall, I liked the episode. Best scenes were Dany's very own little council, Jon and Sansa at winterfell and Theon abandoning Yara.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Loved the episode as well!

I don't think Cersei or Dany should been the queen, they are both ruthless in my opinion.

And I don't see Jon bending a knee to anyone lol. He has his mind on the bigger enemies at the moment and they are the white walkers.

Liking Sansa more and more.

Little finger is so sneaky and I love him

Arya is headed back home where she should be.

That ending was insane.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah