Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Melisandre... you just made the list, bitch
Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieManiac (View Post)

Melisandre... you just made the list, bitch
That was gross, SHE is gross. And it was unnecessary, if she was only gonna leech him.

However, it was a nice opportunity to get Joe's shirt off. So in the name of shallowness, I cannot completely condemn the scene.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

I do love me some shirtless Joe but not under those circumstances. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO **** HIM IF SHE ONLY WANTED HIS BLOOD?

HBO is really starting to annoy me with all these unnecessary sex scenes. I'm good with only getting the canon ones... I mean those are a lot already.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
HBO is really starting to annoy me with all these unnecessary sex scenes. I'm good with only getting the canon ones... I mean those are a lot already.
Sadly, it's what they do.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was in Mel's place, LOL. Lady's got taste.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

The "rise and fall" phrase in the title of this thread suddenly has new meaning.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I agree, it is so gross the way they treat women in this show
the man is fully clothed while the woman has to be naked from head to toes

I dont like the strolyne of Gendry
Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

I fully expected to hate the merging of Gendry's character with Edric, but actually it's working out nicely - - which SHOCKS me. It keeps Joe on the show and gives him something to do this season, and they can always get Gendry back "on course" once this stuff with Stannis & Melisandre is finished.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

If they hadn't cut 98% of his scenes with Arya he would have had something to do as well.

The SL works... but the thing I don't like about it is that Gendry now knows who his father was (something he doesn't even know in the books yet) and what I don't understand is why Melisandre ****ed him... I mean there were promos of this scene out there for a while and I expected it but... I hoped there would be a reason at least? There was no reason why she'd have to **** him. She could have just talked him into getting his blood like that, she's clever enough. And why the **** did one of the leeches have to suck the blood from his ****?

So yes the storyline may work but... the way it's done is just... ugh...
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Sexposition. It's boring and predictable at this point, but HBO isn't going to ever, ever let that go.

And at least Joe got a pretty hot/shirtless scene (providing one can block the actress out of view. )

Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

They're overdoing it. That's the problem. And another problem is that there are sex scenes that they cut or made shorter (that are important to the characters) and instead added useless sex scenes that are longer than the important ones. For example I damn sure would have liked to see more of Ygritte and Jon than that.

Actually I think Carice van Houten is flipping gorgeous but like with Joe I can't enjoy the nakedness because of how much this scene disgusts me.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
If they hadn't cut 98% of his scenes with Arya he would have had something to do as well.
I will forever be bitter about this. Not only did they cut the majority of his scenes with Arya (my shipper heart!), they cut his scenes and experiences with the Brotherhood. Those scenes were massively important in forming his decision to join them and in fully realizing who Gendry is as a character. (It was also pretty significant in telling the story of how this war is affecting the common people, but who cares about that?)

Quote:
The SL works... but the thing I don't like about it is that Gendry now knows who his father was (something he doesn't even know in the books yet) and what I don't understand is why Melisandre ****ed him... I mean there were promos of this scene out there for a while and I expected it but... I hoped there would be a reason at least? There was no reason why she'd have to **** him. She could have just talked him into getting his blood like that, she's clever enough. And why the **** did one of the leeches have to suck the blood from his ****?

So yes the storyline may work but... the way it's done is just... ugh...
I don't understand this either. If she wanted to get the blood from him, all she had to do was say, "I need to have you leeched for medical reasons. It's OK. It's just something highborn people do." Period. The sex was unnecessary and only made the setup she talked about with Stannis (taking the sheep for slaughter unawares so they don't have fear tainting the blood) completely impossible. He knows she can't be trusted now.

But looking on the bright side, at least we got sexy!Gendry who can be put in manip arts.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm deeply appalled by the amount of sex/nude scenes in this season so far This Melisandre scene and Dany's are totally unnecessary. Ugh I wish they've used all this screen time for bringing more things from the books to the show.

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree. It is appalling and unnecessary. There were ways to have him leeched like Edric was without resorting to yet another pointless sex scene.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

This rip-off....