Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-06-2013, 07:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by | Sofia | (View Post)
Uhm... I think I've said this before but in this thread I won't write in spoiler tags unless it's something that hasn't happened in this book yet so yeah...

Well they did split the book in two seasons and just gave us two major character deaths. I doubt the purple wedding will be in the next episode. Tywin and Ygritte's deaths definitely won't happen in the finale. That would just be impossible as Tyrion still has to be captured for a while after Joff's death and then there's the trial of course. That is just WAY too much for just on episode.

I do wonder what the cliffhanger will be. It might be the purple wedding, though I doubt that. I think that will happen in the S4 premiere. I also don't think the cliffhanger will be Lady Stoneheart... that's the very last thing to happen in this book and they split the book so yeah it would be too early.
Indeed you're right, there are way too many loose ends to tie up in one episode. Ain't going to happen! It's a pity because I've read the first few books and I know what happens but I can't chat to my workmates because they haven't read them yet! Aarrrggghhh frustrating! I want to tell them everything!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Ger

As a fellow book reader, I know how hard it is NOT to tell people what's going to happen when you hear them speculating! That's why I hang out here, where many others have likewise read the books.

You may not know that there is also a GoT "Spoiler & Speculation" thread on a separate board, where you can be sure it's safe to discuss things that haven't happened on the show yet. Here's a link: Game of Thrones S&S

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

MAJOR SPOILERS! Seriously don't read in this thread if you don't wanna be spoiled. You have been warned.

Okay I flew over the chapters that happened after the Red Wedding and judging by that and the promo I believe the finale will include these things:

- The counsel where Tywin tells them about the Red Wedding.
- Davos helps Gendry escape from Dragonstone.
- We find out about Balon's death, probably from Asha since she's finally in an episode again this season.
- Probably the battle in Castle Black and Ygritte's death (I didn't remember it was so soon after the Red Wedding!)
- Sam and Gilly meeting Bran and the Reeds.
- Dany somehow finding out about Jorah's betrayal while they march towards Meeren? Though I do wonder how the show will do it since Barristan doesn't know...
- Sansa finding out about the Red Wedding. We didn't see that in the book but I'm pretty sure the show will show it. Tyrion will probably tell her.

And then there's already the day of the purple wedding... perhaps this will be the cliffhanger after all because I can't imagine what else it could be. In that case it would end with Cersei holding Joffrey's corpse and yelling at people to capture Tyrion. Would be a good cliffhanger
It could also be Ygritte's death and the battle at Castle Black... but I'm not sure if that would make a good cliffhanger.

Edit: More things since I watched the promo again.

- Opening scene will probably be the aftermath of the Red Wedding. Arya will probably wake up while the Hound gets them away from there.
- Perhaps they show how they sew Grey Wind's head to Robb's body? If not it will be mentioned at the counsel.
- Jaime is in it too. It will probably be about Brienne asking him why he saved her? Or they play out that scene that we only got as a memory in the book where they find out about the Red Wedding in some tavern.

Last edited by | Sofia |; 06-06-2013 at 08:19 AM
Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, that sounds pretty plausible for how things could play out. I'm a little iffy about the Battle at Castle Black just because of the logistics of how Stannis would get there in time to save them. But then the show doesn't often care about the travel logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by | Sofia | (View Post)
I do wonder what the cliffhanger will be. It might be the purple wedding, though I doubt that. I think that will happen in the S4 premiere. I also don't think the cliffhanger will be Lady Stoneheart... that's the very last thing to happen in this book and they split the book so yeah it would be too early.
You're probably right, but Lady Stoneheart rises before the end of ASOS. The reader just doesn't know about her until the epilogue. So she and the Brotherhood are out getting vengeance before then. So if they wanted, they could show her rising whether it's in the next episode or next season. Though it was only something the reader discovered the logistics of later, that just seems like something way too epic not to show, since they do have the time.

Last edited by Roxy87; 06-06-2013 at 04:33 PM
Old 06-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

True but I'm think they'll save up that reveal for later. I think it would just be more if the watchers just didn't think about Cat for a while because she's dead and then suddenly she's back. Besides... there's other epic stuff they have time for and don't show
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Absolute Fan

That's true. Plus, it isn't even something we read about directly in the book. I just remember how disappointed I was when I got to that part (I'd been spoiled about Lady Stoneheart) and found out that it was just briefly recapped instead of fully described. TPTB have shown things full that were only mentioned second hand in the books before. So maybe they'll do the same with Lady Stoneheart in S4, but I guess we'll have to wait and see
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

The thing that makes me think Lady Stoneheart might be a possibility is the episode title: Mhysa/Mother. What could be more dramatic in the last moment of the season, after all that just happened?

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Perhaps. Joff's death would make a good death too though and if it happens this season we can officially call it the season of the awful weddings.
Maybe they'll show how Cat is brought back already... I just think they want to make the shock bigger by waiting...
Old 06-11-2013, 12:39 AM
New Fan

So, has everyone watched the series finale?

Spoiler:
Old 11-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Fan