Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Board customization

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture suggestions or colour ideas, please post them on this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible.

Your suggestions for possible colors and pictures will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or ask them on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than 2 weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic & colours get put up, it will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Kasia and Haylie
Old 08-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

can't wait to see it. with so many characters gonna be hard to choose how will be in the banner.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh woah I wasn't expecting this yet!

And honestly I'm not sure how it's gonna work considering that the characters change every season and we won't have the customization up for a year. I guess that means we should make recommendations on who the overall important characters are throughout the series

Chrissy |
Old 08-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah we should

Have any colors in mind?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well definitely nothing bright and cheerful. It should be darker coloring, or even like the green and blues of the countryside that they're always filming

Chrissy |
Old 08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

So like a dark green/dark blue type?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah in that family if possible

Figuring out who should be in it is the hard part

Chrissy |
Old 08-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Only two I know for sure is Dany/Jon
Old 08-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Cersei, Melisandra (who we haven't met on the show yet but is filming and is important), Stannis?, Littlefinger, maybe Robb/Catelyn, Sansa, Arya

Okay, my list is getting too long... so we definitely have to figure this out and maybe even posts pictures to make it easier for the GT?

Chrissy |
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

for colors...maybe something to go with the ice and fire themes of the story or blues kind of for the Wall. I need to think more

as for characters, that could be tricky! it's exciting that the process is starting though!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

ooh how exciting! choosing people to put will be difficult

I'm thinking Dany, Jon, Melisandre, Tyrion, Jaime, Davos (maybe?)

colors should definitely be darker I think red should be in there. I agree with Rae that fire and ice theme should be incorporated in it..
Old 08-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Absolute Fan

I've never seen this done before, but since the characters change so often and there are so many who are important, how about going with some of the more important family symbols/animals instead?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we don't get a dark backgrond for the actual part where the text is. I just like white ... XD!!

But... yes, I agree with the ice and fire theme... the series is after all "A Song of Ice and Fire"

as for characters, even if Ned is dead, I feel like he should be there.

But others... Jon, Jaime, Dany, Cersei, Tyrion, Robb, Arya....

XD Maybe we can just based it on the logo of the show cause I'm sure we'll miss someone who's in the story... XDDDD!!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Melisandra (who we haven't met on the show yet but is filming and is important),
Have they released any photos of her, yet?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
Have they released any photos of her, yet?
Don't think so. THey don't release till closer to promotion time and I think actors are under strict orders not to tweet those pics, etc.

Quote:
I've never seen this done before, but since the characters change so often and there are so many who are important, how about going with some of the more important family symbols/animals instead?
That's a good idea.. using the family sigils instead.