Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

4x07 “Mockingbird” Episode Discussion (Airs May 18th)

Tyrion gains an unlikely ally; Daario asks Dany to allow him to do what he does best; Jon's warnings about the vulnerability of the Wall are ignored; Brienne follows a new lead.

“ Mockingbird ”
(4x07 Episode Discussion)

Old 05-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Absolute Fan

How did the episode with the ice castle Winterfell end up having the highlight being Hotpie?

Ugh, anytime I think I'm too hard on Tyrion I always get reminded exactly why I dislike him so much. Jaime is giving up everything important to Jaime to save Tyrion's life and all Tyrion can see is that Jaime is getting everything Tyrion ever wanted. Jaime doesn't want, nor has he ever wanted Casterly Rock, but he's willing to give up his entire life and what HE wants to save Tyrion's life and Tyrion just throws it back in his face because it's what Tywin wants. So glad Jaime reminded Tyrion just how ungrateful and bratty he was being. Tyrion doesn't deserve Jaime's devotion, frankly.

Also, of course, there's Tyrion giving away Sansa's birthright like it's both his and nothing at all. It's not Tyrion's, and Tyrion wouldn't rule in the North if he & Sansa were still wed and went there, Sansa would. She's the Stark. The line remains her!

The Hotpie bits made up for sending Brienne & Pod to the Riverlands first, not up the coast to Maidenpool. That was just a wonderful interlude and a great way to bring back a character I wasn't expecting to see again. I loved every second.

The Sansa snowy Winterfell scene was a disappointment, I feel - I'm biased, I admit, it's my favorite scene of the entirety of the books thus far. Since they didn't have her actually building it, it lost a lot of the magical quality that it has in the book. It's her most important scene so far and most symbolically significant as well. There's so much they could have done, but I feel once again Sansa isn't as important to D&D as she is to GRRM. It's such a magical & dreamlike scene, I wish they had taken the time to truly weave and build it properly.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Agree with what you said about Tyrion. And Hotpie! I did enjoy the Tyrion/Oberyn scene. This is the first time that show-Oberyn has really intrigued me. I was disappointed about Bronn, though I knew he wasn't going to fight for Tyrion. On the other hand, Bronn's explanation made sense to me in light of his character. Having him fight for Tyrion again would have been romanticizing him(not to mention ignoring the books).

I haven't read the Sansa/snow scene yet, so I don't have anything to compare to. I have to admit my eyes still welled up watching the show version of that scene though. It was just over waaaay too fast for me. The LF-Sansa kiss. Barf. See, they could do Sansan!

Does LF say "your sister" in the book, or does he say "only Cat"? Where does the only Cat thing come from?

I was expecting more from the Sandor/Arya scenes to be honest. Maybe they'll have him bearing his soul more in later episodes, but I was hoping for more emotion. Not burning the dead flesh was a big mistake. I imagine it is going to cost him.

I'm pretty excited for next week.

~Katie~
Old 05-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Does LF say "your sister" in the book, or does he say "only Cat"? Where does the only Cat thing come from?
The latter. There's a LOT of teeth gnashing going on right now at the Westeros board because of that two word change. I didn't really care, the sentiment was the exact same. I'm curious how they handle the aftermath now.

I did really like the Tyrion/Oberyn scene, mostly because Tyrion didn't know what the hell was going on, thus couldn't be his usual charming self. It adhered quite closely to the books. Tyrion isn't in the dungeons, though, at this point. He's not put there till later in the book.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Extreme Fan

You know, you never really realize how big a 6'10 weightlifting champion who's like 375-400 pounds of solid muscle is until he's standing next to a normal person.

Also, that Bronn/Tyrion scene was kind of sad, I have to admit.

(book stuff)
Spoiler:
Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

They showed tha kiss!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

I can't figure out if Little Finger is a villain, an evil mastermind, a magnificent bastard, or all the above.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Littlefinger/Sansa, that was just creepy. First he said that she could´ve been HIS child, then he kissed her

Loved the Oberyn/Tyrion scene.

Jorah/Dany scenes were amazing

Icon: Si_Crazy
Old 05-19-2014, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

one question, why there is no GOT next week???
Old 05-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ugh, anytime I think I'm too hard on Tyrion I always get reminded exactly why I dislike him so much.
well ppl in the 'whitewatsh' camp shall be pleased that he was portrayed as a jerk

this killed me

I lolled at Emilia's expression when Dany told Daario to undress
I was pleasantly surprised they didnt jump @ the chance of more nudity (I guess they were satisfied with Mel's nude scenes)

Last edited by science girlfriend; 05-19-2014 at 05:38 AM
Old 05-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I can't figure out if Little Finger is a villain, an evil mastermind, a magnificent bastard, or all the above.
All of the above
Old 05-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawen (View Post)
Littlefinger/Sansa, that was just creepy. First he said that she could´ve been HIS child, then he kissed her
Exactly. Totally grossed me out. Robin was such a little brat, and I'm glad Sansa slapped the crap out of him (i mean she stiff armed it too!) The Lysa scene was something I had not been spoiled on so it was totally new for me. I was so happy though bc she was annoying, but at the same time Sansa is now no longer protected from LF having to pretend to like Lysa.

I enjoyed Tyrion's scenes as always. He was a bit bratty with Jaime, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve help. He HAS been in a dungeon for quite sometime and got dragged over the coals and embarrassed by tons of people. Jaime has had his bratty moments too. I quite like their brotherly relationship, and Jaime was right to check him, but he's also right to want to help his brother even after a moment of brattiness.

I don't like how Jon is constantly helping the Night's Watch, and is constantly told he's just a steward. Jerks.

The scene with Jorah and Dany was great. I like how they think as a team.

The Mountain is crazy big, but I'm ready to see how Oberyn fights against him.

The Hound and Arya were amazing as usual.

Pod/Hotpie/Brienne's scenes were hilarious. I really love the Pod/Brienne dynamic.

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~
Old 05-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Extreme Fan

So many new things happened for a non book reader like me and i was so excited. Loved all the scenes!I'm really afraid for Oberyn but i'm also happy that he decided this.So Cersei was an evil bitch from her early years!That was scary.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Extreme Fan

The scene with Tyrion and Oberyn was perfect. They adapted it straight from the books and I am so glad they did. It was, to me, Oberyn's most memorable moment, the one that really stayed with me. And boy did Pascal do it justice. So did Peter.

The snow castle could have been better, but it was still lovely. I was pretty stunned when he didn't say "Only Cat" but I am not bothered by it. I just expected it because book readers have been talking about it for weeks now.

I do remember him saying it in the books but whatever, the sentiment doesn't change.

And there was a TON of stuff about siblings this episode: their bonds, their rivalries, the pain they inflict on each other. So for Petyr to say "Your Sister" was actually just as effective if not more so.

The kiss…..did Sansa let him keep doing it? She didn't seem upset about it? IDK.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode. I feel sorry for Sansa though I did in the book though too tbh