Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

4x06 “The Laws of Gods and Men” Episode Discussion (Airs May 11th)

Stannis and Davos set sail; Dany meets with supplicants; Tyrion faces down his father.

“ The Laws of Gods and Men ”
(4x06 Episode Discussion)

Old 05-11-2014, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT
Old 05-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

excited!!!
Old 05-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

ugh Im both excited & dread whats to come!
tftnt! #freetyrion

Yara/Asha vs Ramsay looks intense
Old 05-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Awesome Tyrion!!!
Old 05-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Passionate Fan

I found the episode to be very exciting! I can't wait to see what happens with this trial by combat! (well..I kind of know, but I can't wait to see it play out on screen)

I'm worried for Sandor with a bounty on his head...

Ugh, poor Theon. He is absolutely ruined. I hate Ramsay. I can't wait until he is killed.

So does the trial by combat let Jaime off the hook?

~Katie~
Old 05-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

That whole episode was awesome, but had a bunch of sad moments. That look on Yara's face when she realizes how tortured and broken Theon truly is and when she says "my brother's dead"...

And THAT entire scene in the trial.

But on the plus side, Davos gettin' stuff done! And seeing Sallador back is awesome.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Man, loved seeing Tico already. Hopefully we see him again next season.

The added scenes were so interesting. The one with Tywin & the Small Council, curious Cyvasse match going on there.

That Jaime/Tywin one in particular was so well done and fantastic.

Interestingly, Tyrion will be undone by his own pride. Jaime gets him the equivelant of a plea deal, Tywin likely wants rid of Tyrion without the disgrace of having to behead him. But Tyrion's pride at Shae's betrayal seems to have gotten the best of him.

Loved seeing the beginning of the cracks in Dany. Ruling is harder than conquering or saying pretty words about freedom. It's tedious and never ending. Pillows to make the hard bench or throne more comfortable only go so far. Though I presumed this would be the kid Drogon kills. Maybe that's later?

My favorite scene was actually the Oberyn/Varys one, mostly because of book based theories of mine. Who is Varys? If he's who I think he is - after all eunuchs don't bald, his lack of hair is a cosmetic choice - does Oberyn know? I've always assumed he does. Which has to do with how much the Martells - Doran particularly - knows and what game they are truly playing and whose side they are truly on. Theories, theories, that scene just titillated the ASOIAF theorist in me
Old 05-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

ugh my emotions my little proud Lion I was fistpumping at the end as 90% of the audience I bet
Obv the trial was everything & more. It was harder than in the books b/c Sahe was portrayed as really in love with him & Sibel played it with some reserve & hidden anger. She truly wanted to hurt him more than just get money from Tywin & co

speaking of Papa of my fav house
Charles was as amazing as ever the final staredown & the scene with Jaime I really wish both PD & Charles got noms. brilliant brilliant acting

Jaime shone as well. I was relaly afraid how D&D can remind the audience of the bro bond J/T have after being separated for much of the series but in just a couple of episodes they more than made up for that.
NCW scene after the trial by combat revelation left me almost in tears. He more than felt his disability to be a fighter that moment

Will be predictavble & shower praise on Lena as well Her 'Bitch please' faces are always on point

Pycelle tho that was the funniest moment High point of 'real witnessing'

They kinda hit hard on Oberyn's hypersexuality now. Its amusing but kinda got old to me/ Tho Pedro is rad as usual.

Dany's sl progresses & kinda sorta want to read up & spoil myself

Yara vs Ramsay was kinda anticlimatic I was vey intriguied by in in the promo & thought she would be captured.

Reek/Ramsay on the other hand - wow. that was unexpected. great scene

Really beautiful shots too. Braavos esp I got LOTR flashbacks!
Stannis sl finally held my interest! & Davos is always a treat

Last edited by science girlfriend; 05-12-2014 at 02:58 AM
Old 05-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Passionate Fan

I felt sorry for Yara after seeing her brother and later saying he is dead.

That "trial" is a joke and I did not blame Tyrion for lashing out. He is right. He did save them and this is how they repay him?

I guess Shae never really loved him.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I also like seeing Dany not being 100% perfect. I love her character a lot, but I think that ruling is something that is not always easy even for the strongest characters.

Tyrion's court scene was the highlight for me. I loved him catching Tywin off guard and their stare down.

Reek's scenes are just REALLY hard to watch for me.

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~
Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

My Highlight this Episode: The trial in KL. Everything about it was perfect especially Peter Dinklage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimateawesome (View Post)
I also like seeing Dany not being 100% perfect. I love her character a lot, but I think that ruling is something that is not always easy even for the strongest characters.
Word

Also Drogon's breathing fire was an amazing Scene.

Ramsay totally became the new Joffrey to me.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
That "trial" is a joke and I did not blame Tyrion for lashing out. He is right. He did save them and this is how they repay him?
the outcome was the only way it should be
it would be a shame if all this humiliation ended with him agreeing with being found guilty He's a lion dammit not a sheep!

totally agree re: Drogon
fantastic shots

Last edited by science girlfriend; 05-12-2014 at 06:35 AM
Old 05-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Tyrion was fantastic! I am glad he said it. I felt badly for Jaime because he tried (oh my heart, that was lovely) but I cannot blame Tyrion. He told them what they deserved to hear, including that he wished he HAD killed Cersei's vicious little bastard of a son.

And that he enjoyed watching him die! Didn't we all? LOL.

Oberyn was funny in the trial when he asked Shae if she had "beeped" him like it was his last day on Earth! A bit of humor.

I thought Yara was awesome going to rescue Theon and it was heartbreaking but the scene didn't really make sense. Why didn't she just knock him out and drag him away from there? Why would Ramsay let them go?

IDK it was well-acted but the writing was a bit inconsistent.

Other than that, great episode.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)

I guess Shae never really loved him.
I think Shae loved him, but I think the show is trying to do the "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" thing. Too bad Shae doesn't know that Tyrion sent her away precisely because of how much he cared for her...

~Katie~