Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I guess the people who were swearing last season that they were done because of the Red Wedding are all liars. No surprise there.
Psssh. Like anyone could really stop watching after that. It made me want to tune in even more. I'm like, "WTH? What are they going to do next?"
Old 04-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I was like "OH HELLS NO" when the dragon went all crazy with Dany, how dare they rebel against their mother?!
I know I was like them babies need spanking!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jon Snow seemed so much more confident, think living with the wildlings as rubbed off on him. My only negative is that he's fully recovered from his injuries already??
he definitely was more defiant, which he really needed. As for the healing, well he's the Westeros equivalent of a super-hero so maybe he has super powers

Quote:
If i hadn't had read the books I think I would be a bit confused by the random scene between Sansa and Sir Dontas.
But that's what makes it perfect though.

Quote:
I was like "OH HELLS NO" when the dragon went all crazy with Dany, how dare they rebel against their mother?!
Teenagers

Quote:
Psssh. Like anyone could really stop watching after that. It made me want to tune in even more. I'm like, "WTH? What are they going to do next?"
Right? and it's not as if they randomly kill characters to make us suffer. It's all part of the big picture. There is no pointless death.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Banned

I think it was a great season premiere.

The first scene was perfect! Tywin was perfect! No words but such an amazing performance and symbolic. The scene with Jaime was great as well even though I didn't feel the same "animosity" like in the books. The Kings Landing scenes were pretty great as always. I loved the Cersei/Jaime/Qyburn one, very good acting.
Sansa/Tyrion was great too and the scene with Ser Dontos was well brought.

The only thing bothered me in KL is the introduction of Oberyn. In a brothel? Like seriously? I know they have to explain who he is quickly for the non-readers but it was too much. Why not give him a placard with "Hey I'm Oberyn Martell and bisexual! Yeah I love guys pretty hot, give me one!". The scene in the book is a scene to introduce a prince with his crew. And it's certainly not in the woods with Tyrion, Bronn, Pod, 8 guys and 4 horses! The good thing was Pod knowing all the sigils. But I liked the scene between Oberyn and Tyrion even if this one has not enough repartee. Oh and Pedro Pascal nailed it! Loved him!

They apparently spent lot of money in CGI for the dragons seeing how big they are now. I'm expecting the same for the direwolves (or at least Summer) and the giants. So in Essos it's always the same thing: everyone loves Daenerys who walks like on the catwalk or in a perfume ad. The new Daario is.... I don't know... he's like a Jorah 2.0! That means he knows "where to put it", proof with the flower's scene a bit ridiculous for me. And the last scene that I liked in the books with the child crucified totally failed! I felt nothing, any tension. Not a good acting, IMO.

Now my guys! I f ****** loved the Thenns! But why the f ****** hell they made them cannibals?? Why do they made of the most hierarchized clan a cannibal crew?? It's was so cliché like "Hey look at them, they are the very very nasty wildlings! They kill and eat people and they love that! Ouh they are so bad!". Please! Not big fan too of all the scarifications on their faces. They should've cut their ears this is in the books and it's enough fearsome. So to quote my big bear "I f ****** hate this change!". Talking about Tormund, I don't like that he was a bit intimidated by them. I mean... oh he's Tormund Giantsbane, the Tall-talker, Horn-blower and Breaker of Ice, Husband to Bears, the Mead-king of Ruddy Hall, Speaker to Gods and Father of Hosts!! He's not afraid by Thenns!! That said I loved Tormund and Ygritte. Great dialogue that summed up well the situation.

Nothing special at CastleBlack but I liked the Jon's scene. He's definitely more confident, seems that the freedom rubs off on him! Great dialogue and replies to Thorne and Slynt. I'll say nothing about his miraculous recovery... we know he's THE super hero!

The last part with Arya and uncle Sandor was so great! I loved everything! "What the f *** is a Lommy?!" This guy rocks! The whole scene was very well build with first the dialogue and then the fight. Arya killing Polliver and repeating his lines was amazing! Then the little smirk after getting back Needle. Love this girl! She becomes darker and darker but I hope that they still keep her child's side, after all she's only a broken girl. But they clearly want make of her the "new avenger".

Brienne/Margaery was useless for me. But Lady Olenna is always welcome on my screen! As Joffrey is! Just loved him with Jaime and the White book.

Looking forward to next episode with Bran, Asha, Dreadfort and Team Stannis! Stannis who of course wasn't in the first episode because he's not enough important I guess... while the brothel guy really is.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

I loved the episode.

Tyrion/Sansa was one of the highlights. I start to like Sansa acutally.

The new wildlings are scary and I don't know what to think of the cannibalism. Very ugly scene, didn't like that. Team Night's Watch!

Arya and the Hound have so much chemistry together.

Dany and her dragons, amazing scene as well. Like the new Daario much better than the old one. And Michiel Huisman's acting is great too.
I disagree with Daario being Jorah 2.0. They are worlds apart from each other. Did we see the same epsidoe Enora?

Liked Jon very much. I loved him in this episode more than I did in the whole second and third season.

Last edited by Loki92; 04-09-2014 at 02:59 AM
Old 04-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

haha lol i just realised that our oun Yuri Kolokolnikov was in the ep as Styr
absolutely unrecognizable without his locks
Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 PM
New Fan

What I learned from the season opener

1 - Hound really loves chicken...
2 - Don't touch a Dragon when they have food in their mouth.
3 - Sansa tells Tyrion to shut up by relating why she goes to a church
4 - Eddard's great sword is gone forever.
5 - Jaime Lannister sense of humor - he believes he's good as a swordsman as everyone using his left hand thus 'things will be more of a contest.
6 - Jaime's lost Cercei, was it something he did? Heck ya, Cercei couldn't keep her legs crossed that long
7 - Margaery is ambitious, we knew that, but late last season they've shown how clever she is, she seemed to be doting on Joffrey, accepting him for what he is till talking with her mother about a necklace for the wedding. Margaery said Joffrey would have her wear 'dead sparrow heads around my neck',
8 - Did the writers and producers have a pun in mind when Arya Stark named her sword 'Needle'... Now that she's paired with the Hound, she's constantly needling him, before and we can assume after she regained the blade her father had made for her in the fight over chicken.

9 - Weren't Diamonds supposed to be a girls best friend?
10 - Sansa is only 5'9... Sometimes she looks 6-2 on the show

11 - Finally, couldn't believe Arya hadn't killed a man until the season 4 opener, but she's started out fast with the Hound, now she's up to a body count of 3...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Arya and Sandor really do have good chemistry together! Everybody needs a crazy headbutting uncle-type like that!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Did anyone else want to give Cersei a good smack up the back of the head when she told Jaime he took too long getting back to her

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 04-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kender (View Post)
Did anyone else want to give Cersei a good smack up the back of the head when she told Jaime he took too long getting back to her
def
Old 04-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kender (View Post)
Yeah, it's like...I'm pretty sure he didn't choose to be captured and get his hand cut off.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_xTC (View Post)
Yeah, it's like...I'm pretty sure he didn't choose to be captured and get his hand cut off.
The stuff that comes out of Cersei's mouth sometimes
Old 04-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Addicted Fan

I had no clue what the heck Cersei was talking about. She knew Jaime was captured.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylo (View Post)
I had no clue what the heck Cersei was talking about. She knew Jaime was captured.
Yeah, but with Cersei it tends to alway and forever be about Cersei. Her grudges and slights, her self centeredness, etc.

I think they've drawn a lot of her characterization from when she becomes a POV in AFFC. Her chapters are fantastically hilarious, but she's so myopic it's crazy. I think this all rang very true to how GRRM portrays her POV once you get to it.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
Yeah, but with Cersei it tends to alway and forever be about Cersei. Her grudges and slights, her self centeredness, etc.

I think they've drawn a lot of her characterization from when she becomes a POV in AFFC. Her chapters are fantastically hilarious, but she's so myopic it's crazy. I think this all rang very true to how GRRM portrays her POV once you get to it.
This isn't the first time I've heard that her POV chapters are hilariously good, so as much as I dislike Cersei I'm really, really looking forward to getting to them in the books. Though that's not gonna be for awhile I really wish I had stuck to my original goal of finishing all the books by the time the new season started instead of just the third one.